Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I'm surprised that i haven't touched the game today..

2. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Yeah me too, something's stopping me from wanting to play it I'm just not sure what.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Here ya go. Also tried 1620p downsampled but it hits 1030 or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    The HUD.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Lol, why would a HUD stop anyone playing a game, that's the silliest thing I've heard since someone told me they were unable to watch TV if there was a logo, or DOG as I think its called.

6. ApeX_PN01

ApeX_PN01 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Just thought I'd chime in here. The SLI bit fix had no effect for me, but Misha's trick worked. My second GPU finally kicked in, and I got a significant FPS boost as a result. I went from 30-50 FPS to 60-90.

Pics/settings inside:
    1080p
    V-SYNC off
    No buffered frames
    DX11
    2x MSAA
    Alpha To Coverage - Advanced
    HBAO
    FoV 90
    Textures - High
    Ambient Lightning - High
    Shadow - Ultra
    Post FX - Ultra
    Geometry - Ultra
    Vegetation - Very High
    Terrain - High
    Water - Very High
    Environment - High

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ...but now I suddenly get huge FPS drops whenever I shoot an enemy or animal using anything but explosives or arrows :bang:

7. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Lol this game eats VRAM a lot, currently on 875 MB usage with High preset. Getting 60 fps with Vsync on 1 Frame setting. Nice nice nice!

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Nah that's nothing...Crysis 2 uses nearly 2GB....:p

9. plagasx

plagasx Member

GPU:
    GTX 680
    This game, in my opinion, is the best shooter this year. There is so much things to do and feel of the game is just so great.

Playing with gtx 680 @ Max, nvidia CP msaa 4x, HBAO, vsync on 1080p, 310.64 beta drivers and getting 60fps for the most part with the lowest I saw being 55fps during highly populated towns or big firefights.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Playing this, as in roaming around the island, I just feel the need to load up FC2 and play around in the african jungle as it just seems so more alive than this one.

But for me this game really shines when doing the storyline parts as the acting is top notch and character's eyes have to be some of the best i've seen, really make them look alive.

HUD dont annoy me anymore but really strange that they didnt go with something like FC2. the wildlife really adds to combat, i dont know how many times i've gotten mauled by something just as im about to snipe a fella in the noggin. (fecken lizards). Tigers can go suck some large ones too, lol.

All in all, if i stick to the storyline parts i find this to be my fav game this year after MP3, but if roaming around well then things get avg real fast.

Oh and performance is rubbish, is anyone else having issues (sarcasm)

Still convinced that fc3 has rez issue the same as GRFS had on launch though.

Hooowww?

11. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Just did a clean install of 310.64. I still can't force Nvidia AA. I set it to 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA in Inspector (MSAA & FXAA disabled in-game) and the fps is the same and there is clearly no AA.

Someone said the AA is broken, some of you guys say you've successfully forced AA driver-side. I'm about to tear my hair out!

12. plagasx

plagasx Member

GPU:
    GTX 680

Well for one I'm using Nvidia's MSAA in the Control panel. It's WAY more friendly with performance. Also, I have disabled Alpha Coverage and used Transparency Multisampling in Nvidia Control Panel and have Nvidia Vysnc forced.

13. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    If you have 2x 680x and you're really concerned about AA, just play the game at 2160p (downsampling) :p That's the only form of AA I have. Looks quite good:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  14. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  15. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix

16. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    The ingame AA options are broken. Turn off the MSAA options in the game until the next driver release.

In the meantime, you have to point your Nvidia control panel to the farcry3 executable (there's two of them in the farcry 3 folder... a standard one and one for DX11) and set AA manually from there on that profile.

-should- work...

17. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Broken? They work. When I turn on 4xmsaa in-game, it handles AA as I would expect. Just a bit blurry for my tastes.

18. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    added the dx11 exe to the file.

When you are forcing AA though (whether it be for dx9 or dx11) are we supposed to add bits from FC2? or just force AA without adding the bits?

19. SliChillax

SliChillax Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB
    Ok seriously guys this is like my fourth post, can anyone ****ing help me? I've had the second crash and one BSOD in the last 15 minutes. I can't take any of this anymore. All other games work fine, beta drivers were causing more crashes so I'm using the official drivers. Playing the game on DX9 since it was unplayable for me in DX11. PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What's the BSOD code?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.