NVIDIA Update wont install

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Elite Bushido™, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    ive had this issue for... well years. a few OS installs(for different reasons) here and there. fresh install on a new HDD fails to install. ive dont a bunch of user permission corrections blah blah. it just flat out wont install.

need help please. i guess the Update thing does SLI profiles and the Nvidia website doesnt let you download the newer ones anymore because its.... smart to do that....
    :bang:
    :stewpid:

2. synapz

synapz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti
    Have this problem for two year or so now. I gave up on fixing it. New profiles should come with every new rease of drivers thought, shouldn't they?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I never had this issue until I tried to do a custom (but not clean) update from v310.54 to v310.61 and the NVIDIA Update would repeatedly fail to install. I tried it about three times altogether. The only way I could get it to install was to do a custom clean install.

Oddly, I never had this issue when doing a custom (again, not clean) update from v310.61 to v310.64 but I did install those drivers by elevating them with the Run as Administrator option which might be why. The driver's Setup.exe has a blue/yellow shield on it which presumably means it needs to be elevated to run and install properly?

4. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    nothing on my stuff has a shield. ive got full permission with lacks security. run as admin doesnt change anything. done clean/custom/reg installs. nothin

they do update the SLI Profiles that you can download tho. so without the NVIDIA Update bull ****. you have to wait for another release. Like the new Far Cry 3 drivers, they updated the SLI Profile to fix an issue. but you can ONLY get it through that stupid ass program... or someone posts the update

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No offense but if you can't even install basic drivers for years, you're doing something wrong. It's true that Nvidia borks their install routine every once in awhile, but I've never failed to recover from one pretty quickly. If your system is messed up that bad, it's time for a clean OS install and start over. If by chance you're using those so called driver sweeper and registry cleaner programs... STOP. :)

6. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    im not talkin about the DRIVER, im talkin about NVIDIA Update
    :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

7. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

Always had the same problem, thought it was just me. The solution of course is to just offer the Nvidia update a separate download for users. This would actually make more sense, they could update SLI profiles on the fly, instead of us waiting for driver improvements, they could temporary offer it for games before optimizations.

I know, making sense and big business don't go hand in hand.

8. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

He is not doing something wrong, stop assuming. He is not the only person to have this problem, i've seen it for years. FYI driver sweeper programs DO work for lots of people, i've had to use it after a driver botched up a install, and it would not install a new driver till it was removed, so had to use driver sweeper to get rid of it. 15min is better than any re-install.

9. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    lol almost 300 views and only a couple posts.
    anyway i fixed it

i seriously had to create a NEW User Account named UpdatusUser. my comp had an issue with the name for some reason so i had it named w/e it was by default then i changed it to the correct one.
    now i have to click on what user i want at the start tho, instead of just booting straight to the desktop...

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Could move everything to the new account and use that. Or using something like Auslogics (I'm sure there is something else that does it too) to set up your PC to automatically login with certain account credentials.
    It's not a bad idea though, I do that so I don't have to type my password and I can turn on my PC, walk away, and it's ready to go when I'm back. It does not stop smucks from physically using your computer, but it does add some security when it comes to outside attracts. ;)

I'm thinking, if that worked, it had to have been something saved/changed to your account that carried with you. Maybe a program you always loaded and didn't even consider, or a setting you always put and forgot about.