Assassins Creed III Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Devs are lazy. Do you really think they will stop taking the easy way out just because the new consoles are in the picture? We will still get sh!tty ports.

2. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    This port is better than the console version.....so how is it a bad port?

Also if you run resolutions higher than the console than you should get worse frames than the console..unless you have a great CPU/GPU..

Try running this game at console resolutions 720p...I get 15 fps more..But i still go with 1080p..

I am sorry who thinks this is a bad port...But i think it's a great one...And so does a lot of reviews..

This should get GOTY sense it's better than Skyrim last years GOTY....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This game is awesome on PC, I havent felt so compelled to play for a long time, it looks fantastic too!
    Although, it made my gfx card a little less stable.
    I first reduced my GPU/memory clocks by 10% and got it stable and was easily good enough to play.
    Then someone pointed out to try higher voltage which I had lazily avoided, so gave it a go and yeah, 1.1V GPU works ok at stock video clocks.
    Not had chance to try lower V yet, but maybe this will help others to fix any stability issues.

Cant help with the framerate problems though except to suggest trying the mid setting for AA.
    All my other settings are maxed. Its generally around 60fps with some periods ranging 50 to 60fps, occasional drop to 44fps.
    It feels smooth practically the whole time.

I feel sorry for those suffering problems.
    It might be a good idea to put it down until they have patched it or if NVidia/ATI can resolve issues via the driver.
    Its a shame to waste this game or be annoyed at it.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Been playing the game some...
    And really, there are things I really like... and other things I feel they completely ruined from Assassin's Creed II.
    Like the wanted/notoriety system. The idea of tearing down wanted posters to lower your notoriety is one thing, and it worked in AC2. But, here, walk around a corner... spotted... blend in with a crowd... only for the enemy to simply stand there and never move.

Not to mention the various bugs and glitches and overall rough condition of a lot of the game. It's sad it's not as polished as the second game was.

A great game, and I'm having a blast... just... feels like a step forward and a step back at the same time.

5. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    Absolutely not! Better graphics maybe, but technically games will be poop.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Maybe, maybe not. The problem at the moment is that console architecture is so different from that of the PC and developers are still not using multi-threading effectively. That will hopefully change with the next generation. The Xbox 360's successor is rumoured to allow for cross-platform gaming across Windows 8 and tablets as well as the next Xbox so that may well improve games drastically if true. And it may mean that the PC will get Forza Motorsport and new Halo titles which are currently Xbox exclusives.

7. Argineboy

Argineboy Guest

GPU:
    XFX R7950 @ 1000/1375
    this game runs great on my system what i did is disabled vsync & AA on normal rest is on max, then in nvcp vsync on & fxaa on

now no more fps drops even inside city

driver: 310.64

8. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wow, you're not kidding.

Opening scene of theater level in SLI = 40fps

After switching to single gpu = 60fps with a few dips into the mid fifties

Oh well, I've no doubt Nvidia will get it sorted. Game does look good though!

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well to my surprise the game runs very good! I can even downsample!

Native resolution + TXAA
    [​IMG]

Downsampled + Lowest AA
    [​IMG]

They both perform the same in boston. Guess I'll take the downsampled road! It will shimmer a bit more but it will have a lot more details. Without SweetFX they would be both at 60 fps! ****ing great.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  10. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    I'm sure its faster than an HD 6850. It has been almost a week since I got this card and had been enjoying all my games maxed out.

It is a whole lot faster than my GTX 460, this I'm sure off. :)

On Topic: BTW, AC3 runs pretty well with this card. I have everything on High except Shadows which I set to Very High. The 310.62 driver fixed all of the lag issues it seems. :D

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Wanny, what is dawnsample?

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Downsample means setting the game to a higher resolution than your monitor supports such that the game will be 'scaled' down to fit the native resolution. For example, if you have a 16:10 1920x1200 display you could create a custom resolution for 3840x2400 or 2560x1600 and use those for the game. The higher the custom resolution, the better the downsampling will look, but at the expense of diminished performance.

13. younggun

younggun Guest

GPU:
    780 Superclocked
    "AC3SP.exe has stopped working"
    I randomly get this error while playing.. Any ideas??
    GTX 660 Ti with the 310.64 drivers..

14. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Buy an AMD card. A lot of games crashe because of NVidia driver:nerd:

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thanx for explaining.

and , i sounds a bit unnecessary. at least for me..interesting though.

16. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I got 60 fps (VSYNC enabled at long time but drop to 30 fps during less than 1 second due to load new objects, trees...) at 1280x720 with all max settings running 296.10WHQL (HQ)* while I played in begin of sequence 2 (Boston). :D

* - 30x.xx and 310.xx are very bad and stupid because I changed to force from 1280x720@75Hz or @85Hz to @60Hz ingame but I got 75Hz :confused:. ;)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  17. Justhavocman

Justhavocman Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 DC2
    Just bought it , installing now , will post experience later on :D

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Just do comparisons yourself and you'll notice that everything is more defined & detailed. Even 3D objects in the distance comes out more refined.

I'll be honest tho, TXAA is a lot better than FXAA. Still, it stays one of those "blurry AA" solution and it is quite taxing.

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Hey guys I'm at sequence 3 where Boston just changed into winter. Is there snow tesselation yet or it's supposed to be flat still?

edit: NVM going outside boston answered my question :p

Well guys I'm overly impressed by the game. You don't EVEN know how much more immersive this game is than AC2 when I tried it recently. I'm actually more impress than Far Cry 3. Sigh. When hype strikes...

20. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Finished this game yesterday. 11 Reasons why this game sucks.

1) Complete **** port compared to Brotherhood.

2) For some reason PC controls have been changed and made pointlessly complicated.

3) You can select 4 items from inventory only compared to Brotherhood (**** console port design).

4) It is like developers took a dump on all the GUI progress did in Brotherhood. Expect pointless fade-in/outs, pointless scrolling a giant font list of items for same thing over and over to make one ****ing item basically, spend like 5 mins creating one ****ing items.

5) Video options further dumbed down.

6) Complete **** and forgetful music score. I listen to Brotherhood OST almost every day because it's bloody awesome. AC3 however? I can't even be arsed to listen to the crappy main theme.

7) Terrible protagonist with terrible voice actor (seriously, sounds like he is reading from a script with as little emotion as possible). Somehow they managed to make his backstory even more lame than Ezio's.

8) The overall setting sucks. I don't know who was the genius who recommended American revolution as a setting cause it's laughable compared to the beautiful setting we experienced in AC2 and even the first one. The cities look so uninteresting and dull.. just unbelievable after previous game.

9) SO MANY LOADING SCREEN that even EVERY goddamn cinematic starts with a WHITE FADEOUT AND LOADING INDICATOR. WHAT. THE. ****.

10) They removed dyeing clothes. Purchasing new clothes for PC means jack when you see him switch to default white Assassin outfit in every freakin cinematic. I know they did this out of laziness since some small cinematics (like the same **** cinematic that plays after liberating every ****ing fort) show player in custom clothes.

11) They also removed owning properties. They removed hiring people on street to provide cover or distract (not they can only riot). They made your brotherhood assassins **** because now they wear same generic clothes, they even die when fully levelled up, you cannot pick their weapons or armor or..

.. you know what? This game sucked. What a waste of 60 bucks.

I think this is a "thing" with threequels (Mass Effect 3 proved it).