AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 November 15) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diwik

diwik Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD5870 1Gb (stock)
  2. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    Check HDMI Audio option on CCC ,i think u have badly switched to onboard audio devices

3. blackdog62

blackdog62 Member

GPU:
    2 Gigabyte R9 290X
    Hate to burst your bubble but AMD is in California and ATI is in Ontario Canada but ya you can say that, we had our Thanksgiving weeks ago

4. giuli1993

giuli1993 Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 4250/6650m
    Fixed it.
    I solved uninstalling AMD drivers (HDMI) and installing the Microsoft ones :banana:

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Did you try using the correct HDMI drivers from realteks site?

6. giuli1993

giuli1993 Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD 4250/6650m
    No, i didn't.
    Just update the drivers from the Device manager

7. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Where is my beta9. I want more fps in hitman:wanker:

8. vbdss

vbdss Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7770 Ghz Ed.
    I hope someday they fix the bug where the graphic card downclocks in the middle of the game.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I only have this happen if the game itself isn't graphically demanding at all (very rare in my case; and I don't even notice it unless I stare at AB's OSD) or if the card is reaching a certain temperature (in which case, I welcome that it lowers it clocks so that my GPU doesn't just catch fire :p).

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I want AC3 boost, it lags really bad on AMD.

11. vbdss

vbdss Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7770 Ghz Ed.
    thank you, i am playing Guild Wars 2, The War Z and Planetside 2, none of them is free of this bug. I have no overclock whatsoever.

12. Renincuente

Renincuente New Member

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3080 12GB
    Just switched yesterday to an HD7950 (previous one was a GTX 560) , so these are the first AMD drivers I install in almost 2 years.

Newer games seem to run ok ( i haven't done serious gaming yet after the change, just was launching them all ) but I also use to run old games and noticed with displeasure that:

Neverwinter Nights (1) don't start anymore after the initial black screen it quickly crashes blaming atioglxx.dll with error code 0xc0000005

I copied the dll to the NWN dir (as suggested in very old posts as seems it is a bug indistinctly fixed and reintroduced along the catalyst versions) but that did nothing

That sucks, as before the change it always ran perfectly, with the GTX 560, and before ,with an HD4850 (although without shiny water with this one) ...

UPDATE: The game finally worked after a reinstall (¿¿wtf??).. Shiny water still sucks with AMD drivers, it renders, but the frame-rate drops at uncomfortable levels (even with an HD7950), so that option must be kept unchecked

UPDATE: Had problems executing Diablo II but finally could start it in windowed mode (maybe I forgot that because of the long time without playing it, but seems to me it previously ran full-screen )

Fallout 3 works but something weird happens to the trees (at least those without leaves) , the branches seem pixelated (seems an anti-aliasing bug as it was a little alleviated after setting AA as application controlled in CCC, and some old posts in other forums seem to confirm this), and some , the more complex ones ,have other odd stuff , like a black tree shape (flat) inserted at the middle

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  13. Jobe

Jobe Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD7970m 2GB
    Hi all

I'm getting bad flickers in Skyrim using any driver above 12.6 whql :( Trees would glitch all over the place even seen animals shoot up into the sky and fall to there deaths as soon as I start the game lol. The Sky shows black shaped flickers, and mountains flicker in the distance, total mess and unplayable like this :(

I play everything on ultra, but have tried all other settings trying to figure out wtf is going on :-/ problem is still there. I have not modded the game in anyway or overclocked. Drivers @ stock settings. Card temp 38/39 and Max 70 underload.

All other games I play seem fine and play like butter with no flickers at least none that I have noticed anyway.

I am shocked that the OFFICAL WHQL set 12.10 has these problems in Skyrim, seems as if they were not tested and rushed out, I have also read that many ppl have RMA there cards thinking its an issue with the card itself as it does look like an over heating issue :-(

The last time I played PC games was using 1900XT a few years back and never had such issues - I'm starting to think I've made a bad move with this 7970m and should of turned to the darkside :-(

Will this issue ever be resolved ? or am I doomed to stay with drivers that got released in July ? So annoyed at ATI right now, no wonder Jobs are being axed there..... Poor QA

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  14. Randolph Carter

Randolph Carter Guest

GPU:
    Sappire Radeon HD 6570
    Anybody seen a release for Windows XP of this beta driver ??

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    How can someone point crappy Skyrim engine problems to Graphics drivers?
    Do you think Driver is calculating position of animals, then kills them?
    I have flickering water at some place too, but I am sure like hell that is game problem, since not only water disappears and reappears at fast rate, but sound of mentioned water body too. (Engine simply thinks it should not be there and rethinks otherwise in next frame, repeating again and again.)

I've read somewhere that Skyrim's main problem is fps bound engine which glitches a lot when you have more than 60fps and it's pretty much possible since I run 120Hz LCD.

As for Planetside 2 :) Nice game, but it has weird behavior. I play and then flicker like it's new popular style. Then I see chat and at same time hundreds of other players have it too. And after some time it disappears for everyone.

Probably when server is overloaded it glitches like this. Once I got frozen in frame in middle of shooting sniper rifle. When it got unfrozen my image was 30 degrees to the side.

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Okay well Realtek supplies working up to date HDMI drivers on their site. They are newer than what AMD compiles in their drivers. You should give them a try. You don't need to do fancy workarounds for what comes in the AMD drivers.

I'm not even sure why they don't include the up to date drivers supplied by realtek with the installer. There must be some kind of roadblock for them not to.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    hey guys, Nvidia user here. Hows bf3 going for AMD users, What happens if MSAA is set to on/2x/4x in-game settings. Do you end up with a sort haze effect over the screen. Also are any of you getting a stuttering effect even with 60+fps.

ty.

18. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Is Realtek actually responsible for the audio over HDMI on AMD cards, or do they just happen to provide drivers on their free time?

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    AMD handed the support off to them. So I'm pretty sure they are in charge of them now. I'm thinking the only reason they don't pack them with drivers is because of this reason. AMD probably hasn't coded the Realtek driver into the AMD CCC package possible because Realtek has the rights to the HDMI driver.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

They are currently on R2.70 for ATI HDMI Audio

ATI HDMI Audio Device R2.70 2012/6/22

No stutters on my rig. Smooth as silk in BF3. I run max settings 1080p MSAA x4. No abnormalities with graphics either. I also run with Supersampling AA on in CCC.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    thanks GhostXL, must a nvidia driver issue then.
    cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.