nvwgf2um.dll

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Reddoguk, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Faulting application name: bf3.exe, version: 1.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x500530ad
    Faulting module name: nvwgf2um.dll, version: 9.18.13.1054, time stamp: 0x509cd85e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x006ddbce
    Faulting process id: 0xf94
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc844a844798c
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll
    Report Id: 92f0965b-343e-11e2-b4e4-6cf049779311

What is this and what does it do?

Clever people of the interwez can you please try help for some info on this nvidia dll.

I tried google to see what nvgwf2um stands for but i couldn't find anything except a lot of people getting crashes from it.

Memtest long passed.
    Reinstall of game. No fix.
    Betas, whqls, full clean, safe mode Driver sweeper, all usual done. No fix
    Overclocked, under clocked (apparently BF3 doesn't like o'ced machines)No change there.
    Ran Aida64 while playing, temps are pretty cool tbh.

Is this a latest bf3 patch causing this? Never had this amount of crashes since recent patch. Once every 1-2 hours of bf3, other games seem fine but i don't think i have anything more demanding.

Gonna try a cpu/gpu stress test and see if i pass that also.

Thanks........RD

Maybe should of put this in the drivers section sry.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. Seb1

Seb1 Member

GPU:
    GV-N2060GAMINGOCPRO
    I had the same error like you:
    After I did what Quad4Life suggested (updating PunkBuster), the error never occurred since then (10+ hours of playing). :)
    Strange, isn't it?

3. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I doubt its PB mate tbh.
    Its a nvidia/system error that apparently is pretty common.
    I did try a manual PB update but had the latest anyway.

I was more interested in what this dll does and what nv.w.g.f.2.u.m means.

I haven't had any crashes since the other night, i did turn my cpu clock down a bit though to 3.6ghz.

Probably gonna bin this PC soon anyway for intel/7xx setup soon as 700 series comes out.

4. Seb1

Seb1 Member

GPU:
    GV-N2060GAMINGOCPRO
    I agree with you, that's clearly a NV error, but since the PB update I got rid of that. That's why I said this is strange :eek3:

I asked what is doing that nvwgf2um.dll, I searched the net like you did and there are several (and old) error reports regarding this issue.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its dx10/dx11 part of driver code responsible for dx10/dx11 rendering.

Funny thing is i never experienced BF3 crashing with any driver so far, except if i OC'ed my gpu to much but then i got a TDR, not bf3 crash.

Is your system ram 100% stable? Try resident Evil5 variable test, lower resolution (for example 1280X1024, 4XAA) 4-5 repeates to see if it passes. Memtest x86 won't find much, mine is stable in windows memory diagnostic tool/memtest x86 but failes in RE5 (high pitch sound) if my ram advanced timing isnt set right - to lose or if i use to low ram voltage (0.05v is enough to eliminate it) - Try higher ACT to ACT delay (tRFC?) 72-80 and higher read to precharge delay (tRTP) if its at default 5 try 6 or 7, 8.

Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012