RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Okay Updates here om Swkotor:

It seems that when i disable OSD and SweetFX it doesn´t freeze after cutscenese (it´s either one or both, i am guessing SweetFX, as it doesn´t work even when i have it on).

And also a question, if i force Super Sampling, the text get´s a bit blurred, is this supposed to happen?

As if i know correcty, it should use the resolution X(the AA) and then downsample it to the original resolution, causing normal graphics to look more Anti-Aliased and maybe more detailed, but if 2D is also doing this, it will get blurred right?

Can anyone confirm that this happens in other games?

2. Megagoth1702

Megagoth1702 Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 (flashed to 6870)
    Awesome japamd! Awesome work man.

How about SSAO for DCS:World? ;) 64 bit so it's a challenge, haha.:)

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    :)

Fifa 13 is already implemented. Only DX9 games will be set at new feature debut, other APIs will follow.

Could not make it work on Skyrim and ME3 (demo)...

:banana:

Should be compatible with all APIs starting at DX9. OpenGL will be implemented in a near future.

It's not optimized, but it's working :)

That game uses OpenGL, isn't?

I don't have the game, but I can try on NBA 2K11.

Hmm, never played Metro 2033 in DX9, I'll have a look into it this weekend.

If I can find some super sampling effect that can be used and adapted for RP, sure, why not.

I have Mafia 2 here, I'll try it this weekend and see what's going on.

Yeah, sure, why not? :)

4. Luca T

Luca T Guest

GPU:
    Ati7970 @1200/1500
    Hi japamd,
    How Can I solve the Osd in Batman1?

And about FXAA and SMAA should I copy their files inside the RP folder? Or not?
    If I enable the Sweetfx then Should I disable SMAA because it is already included in sweetfx?

Thanks a lot

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You can't, just wait next release... and please, be patient, remember this is not my full time job.

Don't use other injectors, unless you want to use them instead of RadeonPro built-in SMAA/FXAA/SweetFX features.

6. mcgyvr81

mcgyvr81 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7870 2GB
    Hi,

it seems to me that the latest version of Google Earth (7.0.1.8244 beta) can not be detected by RadeonPro's API detection routine. Can anyone confirm?

Indications:
    • No "chime" upon launch of GE.
    • Custom Profile settings created specifically for GE aren't applied (not even if GE is launched from RP's profile list via right-click -> "Play").
    • No log named "googleearth.exe.log" is created in RadeonPro's log folder (logging is enabled in RP's settings, of course).

Any chance to get that detection implemented? Except the small glitches reported here and there (e.g. 64-bit helper process still acting up from time to time), your work is absolutely stunning, japamd! Keep it up!

7. Luca T

Luca T Guest

GPU:
    Ati7970 @1200/1500
    About Metro To be sure FXAA and SMAA work properly should I play it in DX10 or DX11? Or Is it the same?
    The game has only AAA or MSaaX4, there isn't the 'disable' option, how should I put it?

8. Luca T

Luca T Guest

GPU:
    Ati7970 @1200/1500
    Oh yes, of course, sorry to make you so many questions and bother you so much, but I wasn't pressing to solve you all :D
    Everything you do is not due and we are all very pleased you put your free time to make us play better! ;)
    I'm just not sure to use RP properly because it's my first time managing with AA setting outside the normal game's video setting :)

9. Megagoth1702

Megagoth1702 Guest

GPU:
    Agreed man. Keep it up, can't wait for new release. :)

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    64-bit issue only occurs if you set RP to startup minimized, the workaround is not use that option. I'll try to fix it in next build.

About google earth, do you know if previous builds of the preview were working?

It should work on DX11 as I tested it. The results are not that impressive as AAA used by the game already removes aliasing using post-processing which causes SMAA/FXAA to not work as they would when a real aliased image is processed.

No problem dude, I just posted that because I already answered your question before:

-- Works for me, but may be something I did changed in between the last update and now.

Sorry if I my previous post sounded harsh or something like that, it wasn't intentional.

11. mcgyvr81

mcgyvr81 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7870 2GB
    Good to know - thank you for that tip!

Hard to tell from today's perspective. At least I can't remember any issues with application of a custom settings profile in GE when I first set up RadeonPro sometime in late October (RadeonPro being the preview build from October 4th, and GE 6.2 back then). For GE, I forced a high AA level from the driver utilizing RP and its neat profile functions. I noticed no unusual things, everything worked as expected and the desired AA level was correctly forced in GE.

In early November I updated GE from 6.2 to newly released 7.0 beta. I don't remember any problems/oddities after the upgrade - which, of course, doesn't mean that proper API detection may already have been broken by upgrade of GE back then. At least I didn't notice any apparent changes in behaviour - but I must also admit that I was focusing other things in those days (finishing work on diploma thesis...).

After release of the updated RadeonPro preview build on Nov. 11th (special feature for me was support of 64-bit app detection introduced in that version), I uninstalled RP, deleted all profiles in the process (on purpose), and set them up "from scratch". After doing so, my attention was drawn to the fact that something was not quite right with RP and GE detection (no chime on start, no visual settings applied) for the first time.

After having some spare time this week, I investigated the issue a bit more. I updated RP to latest preview build, noticed no change in lack of API detection for GE, and finally reported this issue in my previous post.

This is the story...

12. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I've been wondering if somehow we can be more helpful in the way we report bugs. Maybe if you had a place where we could put only that and a list could be kept, so that we know that it has been updated and worked on.

Because as we try stuff out and it comes up, we post it and eagerly await a reply from you. But we know you can't always get to everything. So it'd be helpful if you had a list of things to look at and it could be discussed here?

Just a thought. :nerd:

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  14. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Hi all,
    First of all I think should thank japamd for his great efforts on RadeonPro, this app is a great help to AMD users.
    I started using the preview builds since a few weeks ago but I'm experiencing a strange problem: Everything worked fine for the first week but then one day I decided to change my computer name and upon rebooting, I got the following error:

"Cannot start service RadeonPro Support on computer '.' "

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but I still got the same error. The service does show up among services and its startup type is set to automatic but even if I try to start it manually, I get "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.". Then I changed my computer name back to what it was before but the issue still persisted.
    After a few days and quite a few reboots, suddenly the service started working without me doing anything and this continued for another few days until this morning when again the service doesn't start automatically or manually and thus, I can't use RadeonPro.
    I have a feeling this might be caused by another service on my machine occupying the local port RadeonPro Support service wants to listen to but I'm not sure, is there any way I can troubleshoot this issue and find the cause?

Edit: I just tried starting the service manually again and it did actually start, I'm not sure why this is happening.

15. Luca T

Luca T Guest

GPU:
    Ati7970 @1200/1500
    Putting FXaa and SMAA disabled in the game's profile then when I start the game the Osd shows me they are enable!

Is it Possible that the reason is I put FXAA and SMAA enable in the "global" and the game"s profile doesn't load properly?

16. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Hmm, if Swkotor is OpenGL that explains it, though i am unsure, as it has been released on Xbox (Microsoft... Directx;S?).

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Even completely uninstalling RP doesn't help?

If you put FXAA/SMAA on global profile and doesn't check FXAA/SMAA boxes and choose "Off" for them, RP will assume you want to use Global settings.

OSD doesn't work? It will show the API being used by the game.

18. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    No. The issue randomly comes and randomly goes, it is either some other service occupying RadeonPro's port or for some reason, the service takes so long to start (more than 30 seconds). I'm gonna increase the timeout and see what happens.

19. Megagoth1702

Megagoth1702 Guest

GPU:
    Whoa, not sure if this is a good idea.

A lot of user errors will be popping up as "issues" and you will have two sites to check instead of one. I think you're doing a good enough job at keeping track of the forums. :-/

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    RP doesn't bind itself to a TCP port, it uses IPC/Remoting so it must be something else.

You might try some minimal set of services and progressively start the other services one by one until the error appears. But as the error seems to be random, that hunting would be very boring thou.

I think it's. Even if users start to post junk there, I can close them and pay attention to the ones that matter. I can post issues I find myself to keep things organized as well too. Also, BitBucket sends an email for every issue posted there, here at Guru3d I receive only one email for the post right after my last visit, if I take a day to visit the forum again, the thread might have dozen of new posts to read and reply.

But let's see how it works. If it starts to give me more work than benefits, I'll close the issue tracking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.