Hitman Absolution

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, May 10, 2011.

1. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    OK,

This IS one heavy game.

1920x1080 with everything maxed:

Min: 8
    Average: 35
    Max: 42

Damn... For the first time I saw my SLI system having a hard time!!

Although from what I saw in the Guru3d "Hitman Vga Article", this is an Ati game... Expecting drivers for Nvidia!

2. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    For some reason this game runs pretty good for me!

settings all medium @ 1920x1080

The benchmark thingy gives me

Min: 32ish
    Average: 35ish
    Max: 42ish

I feel this is pretty okay for an Ati 5750;)

3. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 + GTX 970
    It is Max Payne 3 with stealth. The game has quite some flaws. The disguise system is almost obsolete. I play at lower difficulties and I have to press CTRL all the time to not get detected which is ridicoulous. Every guard becomes suspicious of my face. You have no freedom. Everything is scripted. The signature kills the way your targets move. The world you play in is also much smaller than in Blood Money which is dissapointing. After playing for about 8 hours I cant force myself to continue playing.

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    ^ Ahh, what a shame. Seems the Hitman Man series has gone down the toilet after Blood Money...

Maybe best to wait for a price drop before buying the game.

5. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 + GTX 970
    Perhaps. It is not a bad game, but in overall gameplay it doesnt compare to Blood Money or Contracts in the least. What irks me the most is that apart from the worlds being small the targets move within a 50m range which makes the world even smaller since going anywhere else where your target is not is pretty much pointless.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, after reading all this I'll certainly wait out until it's on steam sale.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had a weird crash when I first played the game... something about DXGI and a suggestion that the graphics card has been removed!!! I haven't seen it since I dropped the MSAA down to 4x and now 2x (4x still hitches every now and again).

8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I think my direction on Contract & Single player is allot better than the directors.
    They should have hired me for project planning.

9. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Crashes occur during level transitions and in my case are due to lack of video memory.

10. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Wait for a patch or maybe NVidia will release a new epic driver:nerd:

11. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Use GameBooster http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

It apparently improves performance in Hitman and limits crashing to desktop.

http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.ph...ond-and-better-performance-with-game-booster/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  12. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
  13. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Yeh, all the bullet time just makes the game too easy :3eyes:

14. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Anyone have issues with sniper rifles? When I try to watch in scope M2 it crashes :bang:

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm considering buying this tonight, aa can be completely disabled right?
    Off the record, you fellas think it would be a good investment for a graphics ho?

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Anyone else really annoyed that the map has been replaced with a mini map and this 'instinct' nonsense?

The previous maps were huge, had a lot going on and you could plan and watch target movements and then work out a strategy from there. This game seems to be railroading down a one way direction with kills only really happening in one place (assuming you want to use any stealth.)

I also think the disguise hide mechanism is just rubbish. having to press ctrl every time you pass an enemy is stupid. The previous games forced you to hide weapons, move carefully past enemies (i.e walk don't run) and limited access by having decent check points.

I am only a few levels in and while I do appreciate that the game doesn't hand hold you as much as some games do it certainly isn't quite on par with previous Hitman games.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Just bought the retail from local 24/7 supermarket (£26)
    On the back cover there is a PhysX logo does this game support PhysX?

18. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    it uses Physx, but i think the CPU one only..so no major exclusive GPU Physx...

They sayd it uses Physx SDK. But i didnt saw any heavy physx ingame so i guess its only the "not so over the top" cpu Physx.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes in Hitman 'PhysX is responsible for rigid body physics, character controller and collision detection, while cloth simulation is powered by CloakWorks Shroud engine.'

http://physxinfo.com/news/9127/hitman-absolution-will-rely-on-physx-sdk-for-physics-simulation/

Cool beans. :)

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    First impressions are great, gpu usage is healthy as well as vram usage, game looks excellent and the character movement is very clean, gunplay seems nice too and i'm looking forwards to 'Point Shooting'.
    The game devs said tonight on their forums that they're looking at the disguise system as folks are getting spotted too easily.
    First level 60fps quite easily(70% gpu usage for 60fps v synced), all the best candy is maxed like detail level/ ssao/ reflections /shadows on high though as i imagine ultra will introduce soft shadows which i'm not a fan of).
    using 310.61

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012