Lucid Virtu MVP testing ...

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by krpetrov, Mar 9, 2012.

1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea I can't play any games without using Lucid Virtu MVP, it doesn't feel the same any more. Which I wish they released a version that compatible with Windows 8 Beta.

I tried a lot of games in my windows 7 boost most of them work great with MVP, only couple don't work with Hyper Ferformance. BTW I'm on Ivy Bridge.

2. emueyes

emueyes Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850 OC 2G
    I had read a while ago that Virtu would work to the extent that in i-mode, the discrete card would be powered down altogether, if no 3d functions were made to it.

That sounded great, and although it wasn't a deciding factor in getting a new system together, it was in my mind as a great power saving.

Now though, I can't find any words to that effect. I have an Asus P8H77-M PRO and a Gigabyte 7850 OC 2G, and atm a G620 CPU (soon to become an IB, when I can afford it). The question is, if I run in i-mode, and am using desktop apps like a browser or email client, will the 7850 be powered down, or just sitting at idle? Allegedly it goes into a sleep mode whenever the screen even blanks, so it is my hope the card will do the same if it's not used. Seemed like the biggest benefit to me - having reasonable (in my case) 3d performance at hand, but not having the overhead of powering the card when the iGP is doing all the work.

3. emueyes

emueyes Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850 OC 2G
    Well apart from any power savings, I can't get this to work. I have the latest drivers for both the 7850 and the IntelHD onboard, and the latest Lucid Virtu software from Asus.

I tried the Ladybug demo from AMD, and an error message tells me that either DX11, Windows or my drivers need updating. I've also tried the Buddhabrot demo, and the DX11 ComputeMark. There, I get told that the programme couldn't couldn't create a Direct3D context. So, I installed the June '10 DX files, in a bit of frantic rabbit debugging, no go.

I know the card is good, I've run this demo on it before. I added it to the list of apps in the Lucid CP screen, still no go.

It looks as though the apps don't know the 7850 is there, the log that pops up from the Ladybird demo mentions the IntelHD but not the 7850.

Are there any tools available to help narrow down what the error may be, or any suggestions as to what to try next?

4. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Ok so tried this rubbish again on my new z77 mobo (got for RAID 0 TRIM)

Tried the latest 1115a MVP today with BF3 and it just crashes on startup everytime.

5. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Could it be the case that i'm using the newer nVidia driver ?

I'm sure I read somewhere that the MVP software only works with drivers that are older than itself, is this correct ? bit rubbish if true !!!!!

Can anyone else test to see if BF3 is working with the MVP ver 1115 and the latest 306.02 beta driver. Mine just wont work at all (neither mode Hyperformance or virtual vsync, or both)

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Yes, MVP works best with drivers that are older than itself. Not sure how this is "bit rubbish" considering they don't have access to new drivers until we do.

7. emueyes

emueyes Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850 OC 2G
    Well I'm still trying, too, assuming that I'm better off using the drivers from Lucid than the Asus ones ( P8H77M-PRO ).

I've read that adding benchmark programmes to the gamelist doesn't work very well, but would just like some simple thing to test that everything works, before navigating into games and their idiosyncratic patches.

I'm still trying to run the DX11 ComputerMark and the RigidGem demo, with no success, is anyone able to run either of these in iGPU mode? I'm using a Gigabyte 7850.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Neither are "supported". 3DMark however, is. I could never get iGPU mode to work.

9. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    This work on Asrock z68 motherboard yet? really would like to try there vsync out.

10. Matt87

Matt87 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce OC
    I think its only for z77, came with my asus z77 sabertooth and I recall reading about it.

11. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Thanks for reply. its a same the vsync option looks very good.

12. emueyes

emueyes Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850 OC 2G
    Thanks sykozis. I'd be interested to know just what qualifies a programme, as would everyone else I'd guess.. I've found that something as complex as Civ V in iGPU works fine on this system now, while a little demo won't. I guess they concentrate on things that people actually want, but 'adding' items to the supported list sounds a little futille; if it isn't listed it won't run, it would seem.

Having said all that I think it's very impressive, if a little reminiscent of the Voodoo cards from years ago.

13. Does this only work if you have a single Discreet gpu installed? with my 5850's, with dGPU mode enabled im getting a blank screen with any 3d application

edit : oh yep, with crossfire disabled it's working. Bugger, might aswell uninstall it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
  14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, they said they have no plans at the moment to enable it for CF/SLI users since they represent a fraction of an already small base that would use Virtu MVP.

15. Adeks

Adeks Guest

GPU:
    670GTX GIGABYTE OC
    Hi i want to know how now Lucid MVP works in Battlefield 3?? Because i want to buy Z77 for that :)

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    VirtuMVP isn't worth the cost of a new motherboard.

17. Adeks

Adeks Guest

GPU:
    670GTX GIGABYTE OC
    But how it now working? Especially in Battlefield 3?

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It works ok, as long as you have the right hardware, right versions installed, the right drivers, oh, and also that the wind is blowing in the right direction and you have the right Feng Shui.

If it does work, it won't give you a miraculous framerate increase. It's a good principle and if it worked properly across all applications (not just a hit and miss thing), then it would be great! If you have the ability to use it, try it, and if not, it's not worth changing over just for it. You would have a greater advantage just overclocking your current video card.

19. Jincuteguy

Jincuteguy Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128/Mb
    gpuEnumerator.dll allow you to get full version of Virtu MVP 2.0? Like without the 30days trial period? how do you do it exactly?

20. kache

kache Guest

GPU:
    2x r9 290 crossfire
    Tried to make it work properly this whole day in i-mode (I really like the idea of having the desktop rendered by the integrated GPU, and games rendered by the dedicated), over 12 hours wasted, and I still have tons of problems. At least now I have all my games working, but no hyperformance or virtual sync (greyed out). If I reinstall the program, it corrupts my Intel drivers, BUT it says hyperformance and vvsync works. I reinstall intel drivers and h/v stop working. A countinuous cycle... :bang:

This tech is simply not mature enough, and it's an INSULT that you have to pay double for it (chip on the motherboard AND 60$ for the freaking program)... :puke:

I really like the concept though. It feels like a waste to have a integrated gpu on the cpu and not using it, and I like the idea of having desktop separated from games.