You're most scary game!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RedSeptember, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It's not a scary game, but being a zombie survival, I thought I mention it.

Left 4 Dead (2)

These games are so polished they make my eyes bleed.
    Such attention to details, and the sound... phew effin briliant.
    Also some of the finest map making that ever made it to PC

And now something that's also built on Source, yet completely different:

I applaud the effort. It's dark and gritty, but the bugs man... :(

2. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Amnesia, The Penumbra series, Call Of Cthulhu and Dead Space 1 and 2. These should keep you scared sheitless for quite a while (and if you have 3D Vision, even better as the immersion level just gets much more intense).

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I love Questionable Ethics :banana:
    have you played that ?

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I'll sure check this one out. Thanks m8 :)

Last edited: May 1, 2012

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I tried to play Silent Hill Shattered Memories on the emulator, but it was buggy ;/

Also throwing this out there, but there will be a new augmented reality Fatal Frame game on the Nintendo DS! Dammit I need a DS now...
    http://youtu.be/sLlkAQuGueE (US live action promo)
    http://youtu.be/fLIdDsdFJKI (Japan live action promo)
    *acting is kind bad...

offscreen gameplay footage http://youtu.be/aY3VJWOLkbM
    OMFG, I need this. I imagined playing Fatal Frame like this for years and now it is reality - augmented reality that is.

Some guys playing it at a shrine at night. Looks like just an extra mode to take pics with a ghost.
    http://youtu.be/fHJmJPw72QA

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    okay so I started playing silent hill games. it does get your heart going at times

7. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    condemned 1 was good the second one had some fu.......... parts with some kind of babies blowing of but only the heads also darkness the first one and of course resident evil code veronica and the gamecube versions freakin scary also doom3 quake4 fear all of them and silent hill al of them too i guess but my favorite was the 2 and it ends my opinion

8. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Yup, I tried that too and the lights are all wrong, unplayable.
    Tried to play the PSP verion but it's small screen and limited control kind of reduce the enjoyment.

For me, the first silent hill is the scariest of all silent hills

9. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Absolutely.

Although i still like the second one more because of the story and the characters.

The Series took a major blow after part 3.

10. bettisfan

bettisfan Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 650 TI boost
    Condemned was by far the only game to ever scare the **** out of me. That game pulled me in and would not let go until it was completed. Great game!

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Doom coz i was too little back then to handle the demon horde :p

Id say silent hill 2nd coz i was still relatively young and the ****y controls made those damn flying things seem so hard :/

Nowdays i find that "scary" games make laugh rather than scare. They almost as bad horror movies, if not worse :p

12. Ice Cube

Ice Cube Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Max Payne - the prologue to the second act
    In which you walk down your house(in your nightmare) along never ending corridoors, blood trails, while all the time your dead child weeps and your murdered wife sobs. :evilgrin: :grab:

Sorry if you're reading this at bedtime :leave:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I loved Doom when i was younger. was hungry for demons blood :D

I am playing Alan Wake and at first it was a little bit scary, but it got very repetitive! Hopefully it will pick up, only u chapter 3.

Silent Hill 2 was creepy, very creepy! Also Amnisia got me scared! Also Stalker has its own scary moments!

14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    I am the most scary game??? OH NOES!

In FEAR 1 when i climbed the ladder and the little girl was waiting for me up, i had a mini heart-attack. I will remember that moment until i die!

15. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    F.E.A.R., and as you mention, the expansion packs, are at the top of my list (I agree about some of the packs being scarier than the original). I've played through these each a dozen times. I don't scream like a girl any more, but I still cringe at least every time I play them.
    Doom 3 was definitely frightening on the first play through, but those scares diminish easily.
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. had an underground bunker or two that were wonderfully creepy the first time through.
    Alien vs Predator II was creepy for the first couple of playthroughs.
    Metro 2033 had a few very well done creepy moments.

I tried to play Silent Hill 2, which would have topped this list if I had gotten further than the first level before the lousy controls were too much, and I stopped playing. I want to play Dead Space, but am concerned that the controls are similarly lousy and haven't yet been convinced that they're not.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The only memorable ones for me are System Shock 2 (oldie), Dead Space 1 & 2.

Your*

:p

17. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Scariest game for me? There can be only one : System Shock 2.

18. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    The controls are that way so you can feel helpless, not to mention it was the norm back then for survival horror, there's also that the standard "character moves the direction you press" thing does not work with artsy cameras, and said camera is an important part of what makes those games what they are, as hiding the monsters at odd angles so you can't really see them while your radio goes off telling you there is something nearby can increase tension quite a bit.

Combine that with the rest of the audio and you have something very troubling. There was truly an awful lot of attention to details in the first 3 games of the series. Give them a chance.

As for Dead Space, the first one had its moments, but mostly, the way gore and ragdolls are handled is just comical and it actually kind of ruins them to me.

19. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Superman 64. It was very scary how bad that game was..

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Games that made me jump?

Well the original Stalker played in the dark, still has one of the best atmospheres ever and some real jump causing moments.

AvP, the original one, the motion detector, it is so iconic the first time you get that distinctive beep, beep the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

FEAR also had some pretty decent shock moments.