RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    Hello Japamd, could you integrate a switch notification for sweetfx on the osd panel as you did for smaa and fxxa?

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    someone managed to make sweetfx work with RP and guild wars?

I can only get teh regular injector there working (of course i remove it when i try with RP)

Also idk why, but sometimes RP steals controls from guild wars and the game won't detect any key nor click, of each 3 starts, happens once-twice.

I think its like a end-less loop, i closed RP and RPService via task manager and after 5minutes every keypress spawned in the game

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Crysis 2 DX 11 forcing refresh rate in RP doesn't work, it defaults back to 60Hz. Any workaround?

4. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Does anyone remember if the OSD even worked with Metro 2033 to begin with? I'm trying to remember how I enabled Vsync on the game, since it doesn't naively support it through the engine.

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  6. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    I can say that Metro 2033 works with Radeon Pro, both OSD, and Vsync and everything else.

Only things that doesn´t work are, Texture LOD, Anti-Aliasing, and I think triple buffering, not sure though.

Other than that everything works and shows.

Though i think i can crash after awhile, or atleast it did 2-3 builds ago, it could happen randomly or when i took a screenshot.

7. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    This new build has broken triple buffering for call of duty black ops 1, 11 Nov build was working properly.

It works with advanced D3D9 triple buffering path

8. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Could you make it so that SMAA can be rendered before Sweetfx?
    As it would be nice to use Luma Sharpening afterwards to make up for the blur, but without adding Aliasing.

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    It wasn't working on last build, not sure about previous ones. I don't know if texture LOD works for DX10+ games, some settings (like Flip Queue size) work only on DX8/9 games but not for DX10+. Metro 2033 is already using triple-bufering, no need to force it.

Yeah, I know... but I had to change the code a bit making to fix some other issues.

But SMAA is already applied before SweetFX shaders. The order of post-processing aplication is FXAA -> SMAA -> SSAO -> SweetFX

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Any idea why force refresh rate won't apply to Crysis2 in DX11 mode? DX9 works OK....

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    But does your monitor supports 85Hz at display resolution set in-game?

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yep, it's a 21" Sony Trinitron CRT, can do 100Hz @1600x1200.

It works in DX9 just not DX11.

15. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G

You are the man Japmad thanks. I confirm, with last buil mero is good again. Big thx again.

ps. Don't be sorry i just expressed my depressing mood :grab:

ps2. Will do full-around-checkout of all my games (around 50 titles) i have collector soul and don't resell older titles, so if i find something not working, i will let you know coz you are damn fast with applying bugfixes :dave:

16. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I agree with the above! Metro is working perfectly!

One thing I am wondering... is there anyway of tweaking the SMAA values my self? I loved doing that via Sweetfx, but there's no option to use the SweetFX smaa.

Also, I have nearly 300 games... all installed. So I'll test stuff too and post logs to get them working.

Thanks so much for getting the CFX fixed. It made my weekend! :)

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    SSAO? Super-Sample Anti-Occlusion?

did i miss something?

i thought only nvidia had that..

18. fleggy

fleggy Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hello Japamd, Rage is working now. FXAA and OSD are functional, just VSYNC activated via in-game settings is not shown in OSD as active.

Thank you very much

19. aernouts

aernouts Active Member

Hello japamd after creating profiles in SweetFX my Global profile always looks like this:

[​IMG]

No matter what i do i cannot get rid of it on global profile.. i spotted this by coincidence while watching a video from my phone

This does not happen on the Prview2 you released, everything works as expected on that version.

20. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I don't know how, but using the latest build on this page, I'm able to install RP without having to rename any older files. Woo!

Um, am I missing something or do we no longer have the ability to use different driver versions? I swear we used to have to enable a flag and then we could select a dropdown box with different driver versions we can add. It's not there now :(

Edit: The thing I'm looking for is "Enable Driver Compatibility" under Advanced. Perhaps I missed something in this thread as to why it's not there... possibly because of the issues b/w beta 7 and older Catalyst versions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.