AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 November 15) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The components have been updated as well (AVT, CCC, OpenCL) so it would be advisable with those with beta 6 or earlier to upgrade.

Uninstall the old one first, restart (very important), then install the new one once restarted.

2. vbdss

vbdss Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7770 Ghz Ed.
    Is it possible to just install over the Beta 6 or we need to wipe eveything (CCleaner, Driver Cleaner, Safe mode and all)?

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Thanks, done

Uninstall from programs and features, then open device manager and uninstall the display adapter and tick the box saying Delete Driver Software, reboot, install new drivers, reboot

4. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

Don't do it. I have just done it. Clean install step by step. and get bvlue screens even with WHQL 12.10....
    This sucks ass....

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If you install over the top of beta 6, the OpenCL component doesn't get updated because it has the same version (the other components get updated though). I had a quick look at the packages, the beta 7 release seems to have the mostly the same files as the beta 6 package, but two of them have the new file date and a different installer filename (I believe they a hash code or something?) since the hash is different I presume they are different. I didn't do a file compare of them.

So, you could just use the uninstaller to uninstall the old version of OpenCL, then install the new version over the top, but this isn't ideal either. When you install a new version of a driver, the old version is 'backed up' by Windows. If you do it with ever driver, you are simply just wasting disk space.

Simply uninstalling using the catalyst installer, restarting, and installing the new version should be fine. If you have a CPU with graphics (such as HD4000), disable this first before uninstalling the discrete graphics driver. If you leave it enabled, the display may switch to that instead (meaning no display), at least until a hard restart. Not ideal!

Ideally:
    - disable integrated graphics
    - uninstall from program features (the uninstall entry)
    - restart (VITALLY important. If you install the new driver without restarting you could run into having a mixed driver with resultant crashes)
    - install new version
    - re-enable integrated graphics
    - if you want to use Lucid MVP, either load the Lucid control panel and restart MVP, or restart again

It really doesn't take much time or effort to do this :)

Recommendations:
    - if installing on a fresh Windows 7 system, don't install the NET Framework included. Install 4.5 instead, which is what the installer should come with (NET 4 is superseded and should no longer be used). Also the C++ runtimes includes are old and superseded

6. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Everytime I oced with Afterburner my GPU i get screen tearing in 2d mode. 3d is totaly fine.

Everyone has these problem also?

7. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    With extended clocks argument "-xcl" i experienced same problem. If i stressed card to 99% for a few seconds (with Kombustor), tearing has gone.

sorry for my english

8. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    "Its raining Drivers, Hallelujah its Raining Drivers" - The Weather Girls

Downloading now

9. Hippie Tech

Hippie Tech Guest

GPU:
    MSI r7870 tf III/oc
    Did the windows installer create a new 100mb system partition ? If you have other drives running during the install, the system files might be somewhere they shouldn't be. No probs with the 12.10s here.

Hio all

There have been no more event id 9003 or 9009s since I disabled the windows desktop manager session manager service. The occasional gpu load and speed dips are also no where to be seen. :)

After running at 1250mhz overnight, I'm back to my 1275mhz mining oc. woot ! :thumbup:

edit
    Still running the beta4s...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  10. Ulukay

Ulukay Member

GPU:
    2x 7950@1.1GHz
    do we have to install the latest CAP (12.10 Cap1)?
    if yes, wouldn't that overwrite the changes from CODBO2?

11. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Tried the beta 6, went back to beta 4. Maybe it's nothing, but 3dmark11 scored lower on beta 6, and not by a couple of points, so I'm whary now to even try beta 7.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Well the worst thats going to happen is you have to reinstall B4

13. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Don't know why but after today update from 12.10 to 12.11 Beta 7 my CCC shortcut in context menu just disappeared forever!

I've checked registry entry first - HKEY-CLASSES-ROOT/Directory/Background/shellex/ContextMenuHandlers/ACE - and what I saw?

Proper string and proper value: {5E2121EE-0300-11D4-8D3B-444553540000}

Don't know what the hell is going on - I tried to reinstall and install older drivers like 12.8, 12.9 Beta, 12.10 - no luck - CCC shortcut in context menu just disappeared forever!

Also I've checked this solution: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...l-center-add-remove-desktop-context-menu.html

Still no luck - someone else can confirm this issue?

Thanks!
    -----------------

Oh and BTW - Dishonored still crashes to desktop when changing resolution...
    On 12.10 problem doesn't occur and game is stable...

14. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    its amazing how 'sheepish' we all are with our computers these days...always hoping that 'theyll fix it' but in reality...we're out of our hardware and they are so buggy, half the time they are near nowhere usable...even the WQHL's. Why does noone start legal action? You do have rights as a consumer...so...you just enjoy taking it from behind then I guess?

15. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    To those with tearing, and photoshop flickering, i think it's the 2d clocks idling to low. Try forcing your 2d clocks to be higher at idle. I've set mine at 650mhz, opposed to 150mhz and the flickering has gone

If clean installing windows 8, stock drivers, my 7970 idle speed is set at 500/1375 default.

Installing beta 6/7 my idle speed changes to 150/300 - problems appear such as flickering, twitching, flashes of black artifacts

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

What you using to increase the 2D clocks ?

17. scorpscarx

scorpscarx Guest

GPU:
    notsureifserious.gif

What an old/odd resurrection on a already 'fixed' issue, but I digress.

18. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Guys, I did a clean install and I feel Catalyst behaves better... It's more responsive etc. Can you confirm?

Some glitches must have been fixed; and on "Video-Color" I don't see the black screen.

Unless these things were win8-related ( not the black screen for sure ).

19. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    The only way I know is via manually editing overdrives settings.

20. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Can someone answer my question 6 posts above?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.