SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    I think there's no real rule about dir splitting.....must compile a complete list with games (DX9,10,11) needing splitting and applying it in those cases.

As said before:

*STALKER series
    *Far Cry (2004)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    Game: XCOM Enemy Unknown
    [​IMG]

Code:
       /*--------------------------------------------------------------.
      /   Game: XCOM Enemy Unknown                                     '
      '   SweetFX version: 1.3                                         '
      '   Author: ninjafada                                            '
      `.  Description: "a little more sharp, dark, color etc"         /
       /*------------------------------------------------------------/
      /                      Choose effects                         /
      '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN   1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_BLOOM         0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR           0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR   0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX           1 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP       0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE      1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES        1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA         0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE      0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER        1 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN   0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
      /                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.18           // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32      // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16  // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0        // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
    #define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/                       LumaSharpen settings                  /
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 1.00   // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp    0.06  // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
    #define pattern 2        // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 1.0  // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                             // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
    #define show_sharpen 0   // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                       Bloom settings                        /
    #define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.446     //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/                        HDR settings                         /
    #define HDRPower 0.95  //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2  0.8  //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                      TECHNICOLOR settings                   /
    #define TechniAmount 0.11        //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define TechniPower  2.8         //[0.0 to 8.0]
    #define redNegativeAmount   0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define blueNegativeAmount  0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/                      Cineon DPX settings                    /
    #define Red   8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue  8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma    1.5  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 1.3  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC   0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define GreenC 0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define BlueC  0.50  //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.09    //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/                      Lift Gamma Gain settings               /
    #define RGB_Lift  float3(0.900, 0.995, 0.995)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gamma float3(0.910, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gain  float3(0.920, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/                        Tonemap settings                     /
    #define Gamma 1.0        //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure 0.00    //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.00  //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.00      //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.000  //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
    #define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/                       Vibrance settings                     /
    #define Vibrance 0.18 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/                        Curves settings                      /
    #define Curves_contrast 0.60  //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
    #define Curves_formula 7      //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use. 

/                         Sepia settings                      /
    #define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
    #define GreyPower  0.11                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
    #define SepiaPower 0.58                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/                       Vignette settings                     /
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00   //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    #define VignetteAmount -1.00  //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
    #define VignetteSlope 8       //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500)  //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/                        Dither settings                      /
    //No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
    //This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/                     Splitscreen settings                    /
    #define splitscreen_mode 3  //[1|2|3|4|5]  1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  3. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Is it possible to add a "Start in" option too? Some games need a working dir different from exe dir.
    See STALKER Clear Sky:

[​IMG]

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    what about Crysis 2..
    This game also has diff working dirs..Sweetfx also needs to be splitted off in 2 folders..

there injector.ini and stuff goes into --> E:\Games2\Origin\Crysis 2
    And the d3d9.dll and stuff goes into ---> E:\Games2\Origin\Crysis 2\bin32

There are more Games where this is happening..
    Sam and Max also..
    Black Mesa, the hl2 mod also is a more complicated way..

5. I guess, most of such games are already listed in the Game_compability.txt

6. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Metro 2033

DPX work very nicely in Metro.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  7. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    That looks great Marcel. I still don't know what DPX does. Want to show a before\after?

I've had so many requests to hack my free camera mode into Metro 2033. Good looking game but I don't see many opportunities for free movement.

8. Indeed, it does. Am eager to try myself.

9. Terrasque

Terrasque Guest

GPU:
    amd / something / somethi
    That should be trivial to add :)

10. Hi there. Someone has asked whether Tribes: Ascend does work with SFX. It does:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    injector.ini , d3d9.dll and/or dxgi.dll always goes together.
    The rest always goes together.

12. Question:

Code:

#define Blend [B]0.2[/B]    //[[B]0.0 to 0.1[/B]] How strong the effect should be.
    Isn't this an error? I suspect max value is something else than 0.1, or the actual used value is incorrect (it's from default settings file).

13. Sojiro84

Sojiro84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Alright, it is time for me to pitch in as well!

I just discovered this little tool and it's truly a work of art. Games become so much better with this.

I never noticed how "bland" games actually are. I can see things so much more clearly now.

Here are some before/after pics of Natural Selection 2.

I have default NVIDIA settings. Only things I changed is override AA to OFF and I forced 16x Anisotropic Filtering.

Unfortunately it seems it is possible for the Natural Selection 2 engine to ignore my NVIDIA settings and to ignore the SweetFX SMAA settings seeing as there are still jaggies to be seen and the AA options in the game still have an effect (when I turn AA on or off in the game I see a visual difference).

Anyone know if it is possible to fix this and how it is possible for the game to ignore my settings?

The album is located @ http://imgur.com/a/GwMlG#0.

I had them posted here but then I read about the website width and the max screenshot resolution. Because I do not want to mess with the layout I opted to link instead.

14. TechnoJellyfish

TechnoJellyfish Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
    Good day, everyone!

I've just registered for the sole purpose of leaving some feedback and maybe getting some help in improving my own setups.

First of all, thank you, CeeJay.dk, for putting together this amazing little tool. I had loads of fun tinkering with different games and settings. It can really make a world of difference with games which "just don't look right".

One particular game that benefits quite a lot from SweetFX is Guild Wars 2. Especially the sharpen filter, as it can have an impressive impact on the perceived texture quality. My aim in creating a specific setting for GW2 was to remove some of that blueish tint while maintaining the original look as good as possible. I also adjusted shadows to look a bit "cooler" and finally added some contrast via S-Curves. The values for SMAA and Sharpen I copied straight from ninjafada (kudos!) because they worked really well for me.

Vanilla screenshots on the left, SweetFX on the right:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I really like how this turned out in scene 4 and 5, but not so much in 2 and 3. Would it be possible to reduce some of the yellowish/greenish tint without re-adding blue or destroying the contrast?

Settings:

Code:
      /   Game: Guild Wars 2                                        /
      /   SweetFX version: 1.3                                      /
      /   Author: TechnoJellyfish                                   /
      /   Description: "SMAA, Sharpen, Color Adjustment, S-Curves"  /

/                      Choose effects                         /

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN   1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_BLOOM         0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR           0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR   0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX           0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP       0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE      0 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES        1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA         0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE      0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER        0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN   0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12           // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32      // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 10       // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
    #define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/                       LumaSharpen settings                  /
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 0.90   // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp    0.040  // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
    #define pattern 4        // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 1.0  // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                             // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
    #define show_sharpen 0   // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                       Bloom settings                        /
    #define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.446     //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/                        HDR settings                         /
    #define HDRPower 1.30  //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2  0.87  //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                      TECHNICOLOR settings                   /
    #define TechniAmount 0.11        //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define TechniPower  2.8         //[0.0 to 8.0]
    #define redNegativeAmount   0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define blueNegativeAmount  0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

#define Red   8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue  8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma    2.5  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 3.0  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC   0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define GreenC 0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define BlueC  0.34  //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2    //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/                      Lift Gamma Gain settings               /
    #define RGB_Lift  float3(1.020, 1.005, 0.950)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gamma float3(1.030, 1.012, 0.940)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gain  float3(1.030, 1.012, 0.940)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/                        Tonemap settings                     /
    #define Gamma 1.0        //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure 0.00    //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.00  //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.00      //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.000  //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
    #define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/                       Vibrance settings                     /
    #define Vibrance 0.15 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/                        Curves settings                      /
    #define Curves_contrast 0.20  //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
    #define Curves_formula 7      //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use. 

/                         Sepia settings                      /
    #define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
    #define GreyPower  0.11                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
    #define SepiaPower 0.58                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/                       Vignette settings                     /
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00   //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    #define VignetteAmount -1.00  //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
    #define VignetteSlope 8       //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500)  //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/                        Dither settings                      /
    //No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
    //This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/                     Splitscreen settings                    /
    #define splitscreen_mode 3  //[1|2|3|4|5]  1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

I'd really appreciate a little feedback since I got not much experience with this kind of stuff.

TJ

15. And I thank you for that!

16. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Yes. That is an error. I noticed it a few days after releasing 1.3 and have corrected it in the development build.

The real range is 0.0 to 1.0

17. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    In a PM conversation with me, Mineria/Violator (the FXAA tool developer) had a good idea I wanted to pass on.
    You could have the GUI help people remap their keys in injector.ini.

Have the GUI ask the user to press a key and then read the keycode and write it to injector.ini

18. StixsmasterHD

StixsmasterHD Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
    Hey all,

I have fixed my Dead Island. Got gamma and everything to be much more accurate.

Click to see the spoiler for the pics as I am using -= Mancubus =-'s technique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy. BTW here is the updated config for the look. & no it aint too grainy. It is more detail. & yes as you can tell I brought more color outta the game.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Oy3Ov2pUKHMi1uUFMtR3RIeEU/edit

19. Terrasque

Terrasque Guest

GPU:
    amd / something / somethi
    That is already added, as noted in this post. Later expanded on in this update.

20. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    A sharp strength of 2.0 when there is absolutely no AA \ downsampling IS TOO HIGH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.