NVIDIA GeForce 310.33 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Michalko, Oct 23, 2012.

1. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Intel INF are the Chipset drivers I think.

2. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
  3. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Windows Update does tend to favor drivers that are digitally signed by Microsoft labs (which BETA drivers are not).

4. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Working flawlessly in Dishonored, Skyrim, and Borderlands 2 with no problems using only the "Clean Install" option in the installer. Great drivers so far. :)

5. Faks

Faks Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2GB
    sounds familiar your windows is dead as far i can tell fresh install and install latest WHQL drivers and problem will be gone .

6. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Yes have exactly the same Problems with similar Hardware, the Problem is already known at NVIDIA. So hopefully soon fixed with a later Driver-Release.

7. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    I have the same problem, after a while playing that is not me playing video crashes giving me no signal, happens to me is that with these drivers with previous whql.
    With blue screen view I get this error: 0x00000116 :-(

8. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
  9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I found out how to make a recovery disk (using a 4 GB USB memory stick) for Windows 8 that gives me access to Advanced Options to recover a system checkpoint if a graphics driver install messes up the operating system. This happened to me shortly after I'd installed Windows 8 Pro for the first time so I was understandably a bit apprehensive about trying these again. Strangely, typing 'recovery' into the Windows 8 Search box yields no results but the options to create a recovery disk are definitely there. Silly Microsoft for hiding them.

However, I installed them last night using the Clean install option and upgraded from v306.97 with no issues. I wasn't even prompted to restart (like the first time) but I still rebooted anyway as I always do to fix the issue with Afterburner not showing the VRAM usage correctly with SLI (shows as -4128328738 otherwise, something silly like that).

I re-ran the Windows Experience Index (W.E.I.) and still scored 6.7 for both graphics tests. Even if I force the profile to Single GPU mode, I still got the same score. If I actually disable SLI though from the NVIDIA control panel that I score 7.9 for both graphics test so there's clearly a negative scaling bug with SLI on Windows 8 that needs fixing in a future drive as I always scored 7.9 for both on Windows 7 and that was with SLI-enabled.

10. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I've been using Windows 8 over a week now (clean install). 310.33 seems very nice and stable.

11. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Have you tried using K-Boost in EVGA Precision X?

12. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    I've no problem with only one card and 306.97 whql, I try only one card at time I hope to solved this problem, i dont want change the video card :-(

13. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    This set sucks for Frostbite Engine 2.0.... (BF3, NFSMW.....) at least for me that is! :wanker: Lower Fps...

14. utilizer

utilizer Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    With 310.33 + 9.12.0613 Physx I have random BSOD's...several for 1 day :( It happens mostly with heavy GPU load. Re-installing 306.97 WHQL do the trick. Not even one BSOD for 2 days for now...

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted doesn't use Frostbite 2.0 though, it's a DX11 update of the Chameleon engine that powered 2010's Hot Pursuit.

16. yep true. although nfs most wanted was advertised as a frostbyte 2 engine game at the beginning afaik. well they should have taken the fb2 engine because its a million times better then the chameleon **** (the chameleon engine looks great but its soo poorly optimized -.-)

17. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Yep that was my idea and also because when im playing the game all i can see is DICE written all over the walls ingame...

18. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    The engine kinda looks like frostbite engine the lighting and textures reminds me of bf3 evertime i play most wanted well they just kinda look a like.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    The game was NEVER advertised as a frostbite engine, criterion always use their in house built engine.

You also see BIOWARE, EA SPORTS, Visceral Games, ect on the bill boards until you smash though them and have your own logo/photo put on them.

20. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I don't know what the hell just happened but I just got an error saying Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered. I was just waking the PC from sleep by moving my mouse.

Win 8 x64 - PC running for 6-7 hours straight, sleep for 1 hour.