Internet drops when I refresh certain games.

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by peanutmanak47, Nov 7, 2012.

1. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    The two games I know for a fact that cause my internet to drop is Dayz(using both Dayz Commands and PlaySix) and Chivalry Medieval Warfare. 90% of the time my internet comes back when I stop trying to play the games, but it can take anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes.

My internet provider is Comcast and I have a strong enough connection. The thing that worries me is that my fiance can be playing on the Xbox connected to the internet and she won't have any connection errors when I am having them, so this kinda leads me to believe something might be messed up with my computer?

I have a Linksys modem that is about 3-4 years old.

Also I can play any other game on my computer and not have connection issues, even when the Xbox is being played online.

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Has it always done that with those games or did it just start?
    Did you accidentally click the block button when Windows asks about the firewall connections when first launching for the first time?
    I'm assuming those games are launched from Steam so if so, open up the Steam overlay and try to open the steam browser to see if you can get to a website.

3. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I launch Chivalry through steam, but I don't launch DayZ through steam. And it just started happening recently. I use to be able to play them just fine but suddenly they started this problem. They are accepted for internet access in my firewall.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Sounds like a problem with their server rather than your hardware...

5. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    With comcast?

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    With the game server.

7. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I don't see how their servers being messed up would ruin my internet connection, especially with two totally separate games. I've searched a decent amount on the internet and no one else is reporting my problem.

EDIT:: Well after doing a fresh search it turns out some other people are having this issue as well with DayZ

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Are you getting disconnected from the server or from the internet alltogether?

9. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    From the internet all together, but only on my computer. Phones and Xbox can still connect to internet with no problem when the issue occurs. That is what confuses me so much.