New to Ebay, need some quick help

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Endymion FRS, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Endymion FRS

Endymion FRS Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 WF3
    I just put up my 360, games, and a graphics card on Ebay earlier today, and I just got an email saying the 360 + games sold. I look, and the guy's profile says he is from the UK, but the shipping address is in Nigeria. His feedback as a buyer is positive, except for one recent one where the seller left a positive feedback but said he was a scam.

This all seems fishy, but I don't know what to do, I've never sold online before.

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Your bank account/paypal should show his deposit+...If not...Do not ship...

3. this

4. Endymion FRS

Endymion FRS Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 WF3
    Yeah, I assumed it was a stolen account, deleted it and relisted it. That was a the correct thing to do, right?

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Send a report to Ebay and let them know what's going on. Otherwise they will still hit you up for the seller fees.

6. Endymion FRS

Endymion FRS Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 WF3
    I didn't get charged anything for the listing though?

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I would still contact them. Just to be on the safe side.

8. Endymion FRS

Endymion FRS Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 WF3
    I am trying to, but I can't dispute an unpaid item for 4 more days. Is there a different route to this?

9. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    call them on the telephone..

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I would never ship to a Nigerian address. What a joke.

11. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    That sounds like some form of scam to me! Is it just me or is eBay riddled with more crap users than ever lately?? I just sold something on there last Sunday where the winner had zero feedback and guess what? The bozo didn't pay for it. Now I am having to relist it and go through eBay channels to resolve it.

feeBay is really getting on my nerves of late :bang:

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Ebay is amazing for buyers, blows for selling though.

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    you can set a minimum feedfack that bidders/buyer are accepted with,but there do seen to be a few idiots on ebay atm,

i sold a graphics card a couple of weeks ago to someone who refused to pay cuz he won a bid on someone elses card and he didnt want both...it took four days for him to tell me,

also i sold a garden shed few months back...the guy came to pick it up and i asked if it was ok for him and gave him the option to say he didnt want,he said yes and gave me the £20 then left neg feedback and said item was ok.

My worst experience by far was selling my asus 7970,i bought it in May for £420(from scan.co.uk) but had to sell it for the funds,i could only get £250 inc pp,but then i got extra work on and bought 2 gtx 295`s for £210,fyi just one is close to the 7970 performance.

In the past ive reported a seller for fake win7 and ebay did nothing.

Just be vigilant when buying or selling,and remember sellers can only leave positive feedback even if buyer screws you round.

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The biggest pet peeve I have is people that either don't leave feedback, or leave negative feedback because they turned out not to like the item/game/whatever. It's like, what? I didn't design/make the item in question, I just sold it to you. Why on earth would you give negative feedback to me for an item you end up disliking?

"Game was boring, bad seller"

Yeah, okay buddy.

15. MiMiK

MiMiK Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 7600GT
    wow that actually happen?

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You'd be surprised at the negative feedbacks some of these dumbasses leave.

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Not to me, but my friend. Wish I still had the screencap. It was like the guy legitimately expected my friend to know his tastes and warn him the game wouldn't be to his liking. Absurd.

18. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    Its a stolen account. Call paypal and talk to them. They should cancel the sale. The sale violates ebays terms if you did not specify world wide shipping.

DO NOT SHIP IT. Soon as they get it, they will file fraud charges against you and you will be out your product, money, and have a mark on your account.

19. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Once your problem is solved, get the hell away from Ebay asap.
    Hope that you don't have a PayPal account to go with it! ;)
    Dunno how good, bad or just plain indifferent Amazon is, but it can't be any worse than Ebay.
    Personally stopped buying/selling on Ebay a few years ago, when the scammers came crawling out of the woodwork, along with their ' I want to have my cake, AND eat it ' attitude.

20. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Yeah, that is very common too. You'll have a great transaction and get no feedback whatsoever. That sucks about the negative game feedback though! I saw one the other day someone left for another that was a negative and just said "cannot track package". Wtf? So the USPS didn't update their tracking data and he leaves a negative, cannot track. lol wow

You can, but the minimum setting is -1 feedback and they don't allow you to set it at 0. So anyone with 0 feedback can still bid. I tried to set this, and they only allowed -1 and below, wtf?? eBay is really going downhill.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012