Borderlands 2 + MSI 670 oc + Physx High

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mentalpeace, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Yup, happens to everyone as it seems. We can only hope for a game patch since drivers boosted the performance by only a few fps.

2. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    WOOOT monster patch!!!

Borderlands 2 Update Released
    Product Update - Valve 21:13
    Borderlands 2 Update 1.1.3
    - Added a toggle for whether textures should fade or pop in when a higher-resolution version loads. High-end computers can disable this to avoid seeing lower-resolution textures ******ing in. [<----FINALLY!!!! why is it censoring the word "S T R E A M I N G"?]
    - Added the ability to reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. Resetting is available on the "challenges" screen of the status menu and will display as a tooltip at the bottom of the screen if the player has met the criteria.
    - Fixed a bug where profile files set to "read only" were not being saved.
    - Fixed a performance issue in Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty content with PhysX set to Medium or High. [ <---- hopefully fixes the physx in the base game too !]

3. The Lengthy One

The Lengthy One Guest

GPU:
    2x 680 SLI
    I think there is a problem here, I think that I have been so focused on the performance problems with PhysX on (med or high) that I have not been shouting about the god awful performance problems with PhysX OFF - and there is plenty of them.

I have had PhysX OFF/LOW since as soon as I realised how much it was causing FPS to drop below 60 - what is not being mentioned is how many points during the game (there are several) where performance is GOD AWFUL - for example, defending the beacon - APPAULING performance issues, seeing FPS into the fourties! with 680 SLI and no strain on the cards at all (very low GPU usage, under 40%)

In general a god awful game - performance wise, which is just so shockingly funny what with all the Nvidia the way it's meant to be played' lark shoved down our throats.

Total, Joke.

4. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    The latest patch has fixed up most of my FPS issues, but with PhysX to high I still see dips to the 40's and GPU usage hitting 100% in areas where others with a 680 should be running at 60fps fine. This game doesn't like my system for some reason.

It seems like my 680 problems are the exact opposite of others running into the low FPS issues. I have maxed out GPU usage and others have low GPU usage. WTF?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

5. The Lengthy One

The Lengthy One Guest

GPU:
    2x 680 SLI
    No with PhysX on high my second GPU gets decimated.

Two totally separate issues going on - take out of the equation the majority who either do not care about fps drops or are perceptually challenged (the majority) who do not even realise they just dropped to 53FPS during that fight, and what we have is one issue excluding physX, where certain parts of the game get abysmal FPS, and the other issue is that PhysX performance is pathetic, they have over cooked it to the EXTREME in the most shocking way simply to increase GPU usage, coz, the FACT is, no matter how they want it.. Borderlands 1 or 2 simply is not that GPU taxing - now, how does that help the BUSINESS that is Nvidia? they worked closely with Nvidia on this game, and they did it to help Nvidia make money, not to make this game run very well on older GPU's - Enter EXTREME PhysX to help out.

Job done.

Forget PhysX on high in Borderlands 2 if you like 60FPS at 1080p.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I mean what's the POINT in them working with Nvidia, and them releasing a game which can be run maxed out perfectly by a 560 Ti rofl - what favour is that going to do for Nvidia? lol

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  6. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb

yeah, one thing that helps with the non-physx related framerate drops is reducing the view distance from ultra-high to high

7. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    yeah even with the latest patch my GTX 670 sc cant handle physx on high, framerate is too low, looks like you need a dedicated physx card for that.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    There's another slowdown area in the part where you have to collect the four map pieces for the bandit treasure.
    it was pretty bad tbh, i'm gonna put my vram @ stock and see if that helps, i know arkham city didn't like my vram OCing.

9. Danden

Danden Guest

GPU:
    Evga gtx 680
    Ill repeat once again, i got a 680 and the 90% of the time im at 60 fps 1080p SINGLE PLAYER ( multiplayer i get ocassional downs to 40-50 ish) even defending i had like two minor drops to 55 and thats about it. In most systems it seems like is having problems but for me is running pretty good, not optimal but pretty good.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm around the same, probably more than 90% of fight scenes i'm 60fps, however it seems when there's large view distances involved it borks the physX.(which i believe is baked into the specific areas of the game world and so will need a lot of work done to it, not just a matter of tweaking the physX engine).

11. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Last patch fixes instant gpu usage drops when PhysX particles appear (very noticable stuttering during fights in Oasis).
    Overall performance with PhysX is only slightly better (if better at all). Still dips to 50% gpu usage while fps is not 120:

[​IMG]

At least Captain Scarlett DLC is playable now :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I don't believe anything has been done to the main game PhysX, i keep my eye on the steam forum and lately the gearbox one too, with this feedback and the comments found in this forum there's been no change noted, apart from the DLC physX optimization.
    imo they're working on main game PhysX right now but it's a big job, but sure lots of DLC still to arrive and many more powerful Singularity grenades to throw amongst the pools of blood & guts, corrosive acid, genetically modified Slag juice then BOOM! Critical with the electrified sniper rifle.
    sry :p

13. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Played an hour in Oasis region - optimization is just perfect, 100-120 fps even in fights with elemental weapons, no dips at all, everything is smooth. I wish they optimize the whole game like that :)

14. turrican9

turrican9 Guest

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 670 DC II 2GB
    Ahh... So they not only fixed the serious lag in Oasis, but also optimized it to get that kind of PhysX performance. I cannot say much about Oasis, I've barely been in there.

If so, then there is hope for the rest of the game can be optimized.

I played co-op with 3 others (I hosted) in Three Horns Divide. Had PhysX at medium and the settings I mentioned earlier. In battle with lots of PhysX going on I was at an almost constant 45FPS. This is not acceptable from me who has 2x GTX 670 (Disabled SLI and dedicated the second GTX 670 to PhysX. Runs better this way).

15. Erai

Erai Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac Gtx980Ti AmpExtreme
    There is a problem with physx on my pc as well. Evertything is maxed out, most of the time no problem but, when i injure someone and it bleeds, then i have a fps drop like 60(vsynced) to 30's. It stutters like hell for a while. And then it gets back to normal.

I have this fps drop only when red blood of the enemies appears on the screen. Other physx effects like particals, yellow-green-purple colored liquids don't effect the performance. Only red colored blood make the fps drop.

I hope they will fix this soon. I don't remember i had this problem with 304.79 drivers. But i can't be sure, because the game updated itself twice or more since then.

16. The Lengthy One

The Lengthy One Guest

GPU:
    2x 680 SLI

They won't be fixing anything..

To quote myself..

Borderlands 2 maxed out, might be a possibility on the next generation of Nvidia cards - that's the point.

It bemuses me, so freakin much, as to how many people think Nvidia are out there to help us lol they are there to make sure we need to buy there GPU's - the latest ones - that is why they work 'closely' with certain developers.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    It's not that we have lack of horsepower, it's that the game engine isn't optimized.
    sheesh.

18. The Lengthy One

The Lengthy One Guest

GPU:
    2x 680 SLI
    Sorry I know I am pretty poor at getting my point across, however, I am completely aware of that.

19. Erai

Erai Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac Gtx980Ti AmpExtreme
    One advise; Nobody likes the people who speak %100 truth. :deflate:

20. turrican9

turrican9 Guest

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 670 DC II 2GB
    The last days I've seen framedrops down to 40FPS in maingame. Even with PhysX at medium, Ambient Occlusion disabled and View distance to High. And have my second GTX 670 dedicated to PhysX. Resolution is 1920x1200. System in sig.

Much of the reason for this huge framedrops is because I use two shothguns that spew out Slag and Corrosive explosions when in Gunzerker mode. With these weapons I typically have about 45FPS in intense battles.

Hope they fix this ****. Guess it will not happen.

Edit: I've not checked to see if it could be the latest 310.33 Beta drivers causing FPS to drop more VS WHQL.