Sleeping Dogs for free! (Competition =p)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Darkest, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Best post thus far.

This is the sort of thing I want to see people. I'm not a nice enough person to give something to the needy, I want a little effort back in exchange. I love language being used well, especially if there's a little cleverness behind it.

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    My girlfriend of 3 years/fiance for almost 1 left me. It's been a month, her facebook shows her already with another guy. Help a brother get the horrible visions out of his head. Very much in the mood to kick, punch and shoot things in a virtual world right now. I also played the demo and thought it was fun.

Class act giving away a free new game sir. To whoever gets it, you're awesome for doing it.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Excess copy, it's no biggie. Steam had it on sale cheap recently, and I don't see the point in trying to profit from it for the sake of a dinner for one. Great post btw, I'm sorry to hear about your ex. Been there, it sucks.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    It certainly does. :bang:

5. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Well, cuz I'm a poor SOB!!!!(Not that I'm poorer(word?) than anyone else!) I just wanna play it!!! +I'll b your best friend!!!!!! lol :)

---Thanks for letting us have a chance at these games!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Kind words, good sir. :)

- PR-0927

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This!

They make me sick to my stomach :mad:

Looking forward to your next NV quarterly DOOM analysis :D

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'm going to post about why I don't deserve this game. I have literally 60 - 100 games I have yet to play at all. Please, don't burden me with another game on the already huge backlog!

Hopefully you got a laugh out of that.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Coz you're awesome for giving it away and you're probably still pissed that the Terminator TV show was cancelled :p

I own the game :p

10. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I have played the demo on steam and loved the game but unfortunately i can't afford to buy games anymore i have been unemployed for the last 3 months and it's highly unlikely i will find a job and the government here in Greece is trying to take all our money with various insane methods.Now i am currently saving up for a one way ticket to Australia as there is no future in Greece and things are only going to get worse.Anyway back to the topic i would really appreciate such a gift but it's up to you to decide who to give it to.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    +1

lmao!

12. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I wanted to buy this game but had to hold off for various reasons. I think its great you're giving away a copy. Lots of folks are actually hurting financially and have to cut their "hobby" expenditures to cover other costs.

I think I have a couple of games from past Steam events that I already have. I will donate those out after this competition has gone through. I think its a great idea for sharing.

My story:

I am not a rich guy, not a student burdened by student loans, not living at home with no expenses, not unemployed nor lack skill, education or experiences. In fact. I'm at the prime of my life with both immediate and extended family to support. Food, housing, clothing, utilities and the occasional treat for my kids. Nothing extraordinary except that I think I worry an awful about the current and forth seeing economy and how that affects my ability to support all those who count on me to take care of them. I am willing, able, unafraid, skilled, competent, experienced and work fairly hard but the economy which affects my customers, affects me greatly.

Having an INTERNET connection is our one luxury and its needed to help the kids with school work, and having access to the world on a global scale. I've cut down on nearly all of my hobbies and just play the old games I have for now. Its no biggie, it gives me more time for my family until the kids and better half goes to sleep. Then I can sneak in a hour or two and hang with old friends in Sven Coop, Killing Floor, Dead Space 1/2, L4D, or modding GTA4/EFLC.

I have this game on my wishlist and many others such as Retro City Rampage, Hotline Miami, and even Grimlock, ready to buy, until I realized I need to stretch what we have a little further. I can wait for that 75% off sale - Xmas is coming! :D

I really hope there are less of others like me. Its a bad situation to be in, but one I'm sure is survivable. For those who are looking to start or commit to an immediate family - my advice is that love is not enough to put food on the table, clothing on backs, and to keep a warm clean bed always available. You gotta plan, save and manage resources (just like RTS) but for a much longer time period.
    Good luck all!

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I dont have a sorry azz story, im just in FTW! O and i really like the game :D

Good luck all,

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The kids who stole my car returned to my house tonight, alas they didn't realize I was home.

15. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I will be off for 4 months...it is not the end of the world....heck, I will have alittle more time to game.

I usually just buy my games cheap from steam now days, the $5 sales are just too good :)

I would have time for a run thru of Sleeping Dogs, though :p

I have a large library of games and some time, so someone else is more deserving.

Thanks for all of the kinds words, guys.....I will miss the cash, for a few months, but at least i kept some of my over time money, to help cushion the blow.

It is a great jesture that you make to the community doing this....:)

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I've been walking around with my rage-face on for better part of two years due to it.

17. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3

Sarah Conner Chronicles? I've got both seasons on blue ray sitting on the shelf behind me. Sad too because the season 2 cliffhanger ending really had me wondering what the hell was gonna happen next. Oh well.

I'm in it to win it if you would allow. No sob stories here. I'm just a work, eat, game, watch some good TV shows/movies, sleep, rinse repeat type here. I am happy doing what I am doing and wouldn't want it any other way.

18. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Alright guys, going to bring this event to an end now as it's running into the evening here in the UK and I'm unsure as to how much longer I'll be about. Thanks for all the responses, and I assure you it was extremely difficult to make a decision. That's why I didn't, and instead left it up to my young 11 year old niece!

The winner of Sleeping Dogs is Valken. My niece has two sisters of similar age and felt the most in common with your troubles, and was glad to see a guy stepping up and doing the right thing for his family. A sentiment I share entirely. I'll PM the key shortly after this response is posted.

I also have a copy of DOTA 2 which I'm giving to Gridiron Whirlw should he want it. Just PM me your email address and I'll send it right over.

I really wish I had enough copies for everyone, as there have been some great replies. It's certainly something I'll do again in the future if I happen across a spare copy of a game, or even software. Congrats' to the winners, and apologies for those that didn't get anything. As I said, it was extremely difficult to decide (Thus the help of the niece).

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Why didn't I win? I clearly deserved this game more than anyone else.

20. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Just wait for winter sale and you'll get it for a nice price!:nerd: