Sapphire HD 7870 OC crash with black screen and sound loop

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Zahlokhnir, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor ATI HD7850 PCS
    Well there are 366 posts in this topic and roughly 20-25 users who has the same issue.I think we have enough reasons to believe HD 7xxx are broken.

2. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Not if they work fine in another computer as in that case.

I think after an RMA, it being tested by the manufacturer and on another computer it is safe to assume the issue lies elsewhere in this individual case. Other cases that you refer to are different.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Guest

GPU:
    Well you are right but the users who has this issue has just gpu in common. Also AMD acknowledged this issue too. Secondly people tried different gpu in their configuration and then they got no issue.I mean it must be the gpu.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  4. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I think it is better to try the card in another rig or even better try a known working one in your rig. That will help rule in or out the card.

5. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 G
    i appreciate that you are trying to help man but many of us have tried the same card in more than one rig and had the same problem even though other cards worked. many have also had the same issue with cards of different brands.

this is a driver problem plain and simple. the conflict comes from certain cpu/mobo combos.

6. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Guest

GPU:
    Well if we are certain this is the source of the issue. My RMA said they updated my gpu bios. Maybe it's fixed with that.I'll try it next week keep you updated.

7. Suprdan

Suprdan Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7870
    I have the same issue with this card as people have descirbed earlier in this thread. I'm downloading the 12.11 drivers now, reporting back asap with my results :)

8. Pashka_ch1981

Pashka_ch1981 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060Ti
    No, I didn't, no black screens before. But performance was definitely lower. Plus now clocks are stable during running 3d applications.

9. Pashka_ch1981

Pashka_ch1981 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060Ti
    Maybe it's about driver components installation. For example, I install only video driver and OpenCl driver (no ccc), I have disabled amd high definition sound device and I do not use any overclocking programs (at least for now), such as MSI Afterburner, Trixx.... Try to do the same.

10. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB
    Where? Are they finally working on making a fix?

11. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Guest

GPU:

there was a post in previous pages about a sent mail from AMD.They were saying we know this issue and we are working on it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  12. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    AMD seems to have really screwed up with this generation. Guess I have to be thankful that I only had to deal with flickering for months and that I had no crash issues at all.

13. milentenev

milentenev Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 OC
    Well for me 12.11 is working like a charm. No black screens at all and UMTS is ENABLED, the annoying 2d/3d clocks switching is gone and for me I know that the problem is related to it because when I used HiS iTurbo for disabling this feature I didn't experienced any black screens in combination with 12.6.

14. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 G
    thanks for the input but could you be more specific please? which games are you playing and for how long. did you run any programs to clear out your old AMD drivers before you installed 12.11?

also for everyone, i have found that a good way to test is to get into a game and get into a situation where you have crashed before and then turn off your monitor before bed then check for the black screen when you wake up.

15. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
    Max 5 minutes in this place in my case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSu1z9BVeLY&list=UUvPJC_fCEwQX7hngRF08ehQ&index=17&feature=plcp

Also my HD crashed in Borderlands, DayZ (arma II), BF3, SKYRIM

Not in Borderlands 2, TF2

16. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Guest

GPU:
  17. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
    I don't have this card now because i switch with my frient to nvidia, but when i installed Windows 8 i tried 12.8 and it crashed, it also crashed on every version from 12.4... So before i sell this card to him i wont to make sure that 12.11 didn't fix the problem...

PS. on his pc 7870 works fine, on my gtx 460 also works fine, and he use 12.8.

18. october24

october24 Guest

GPU:
    hd 7870 Sapphire OC
    Hey guys , i'm french and get same trouble with my 7870oc sapphire for long time without any solution from anywhere
    let see now what i want to share with you about the investigation of a french website team who conctated AMD who worked to founded a bit hardly this anormal issue that normaly it never happenned!

http://www.hardware.fr/news/12705/ra...-solution.html

im not able to translate decently all the page , but you should use google tools for that or at least get a large clue as i know translation boting sucks sometimes.
    ... it could be the begin of your problems ending !

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  19. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
    They find out that its hardware problem, and amd knew it for 6 months but sapphire did nothing to fix this issue... I hope just when i sent my cadr to rma and show them this articule they give me nwe card from fixed series...

20. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB
    They haven't found out anything yet, and the problem didnt exist with first drivers so its not the hardware.

I assume everyone here has filled the driver survey about this issue so we can kick a little speed in them?
    http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3F58

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.