Sapphire HD 7870 OC crash with black screen and sound loop

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Zahlokhnir, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    It is the most unstable, terrible driver I have had with this card. Whatever they did to gain the performance increase, makes it black-screen like crazy.

2. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
  3. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12.11 released~~:banana:

Resolved issue highlights of AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta Driver

Resolves performance issues (where GPU activity runs at lower values than expected) seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7870

but i have already changed my GC to GTX 670~~ :(

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  4. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor ATI HD7850 PCS
    Well genesis said it still makes black screen. Plus i have hd7850 and i'm getting this error too. I wonder if it is fixed too :D

5. Pashka_ch1981

Pashka_ch1981 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060Ti
    Honestly. I don't know guys where is the problem. On my system (with the same sapphire 7870) BETA12.11 works perfectly: no crashes, no black screen, higher performance. I like it.

6. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Guest

GPU:
    Hey did you have any black screen's before 12.11?

7. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    What makes you think this is causing the crashes? This driver crashes 10x more often than any other version...

8. october24

october24 Guest

GPU:
    hd 7870 Sapphire OC
    hey guy just look what i found on a french forums where i found lot of guy with hd7870 crash ,blackscreen,soundloop ... i just translated it fast with google but can give some more clue ...

"So basically if I understood it's a hardware problem of the integrated power stage of the graphics card applications failing sometimes variations powers indirectly controlled by the driver and can sometimes be limited or resolved tinkering ... uh sorry ... disabling the UPLS in trixx ( bye bye energy saving) and probably for more severe cases this does not suffice even knowing that there may be also a wide range of power supplied to within a same range frequency / voltage and thus ultimately the hardware product failures is incorrigible by new drivers (12.3 ->12.10->huh ?) and it affects all 7870 use the same type of floor crappy integrated power supply (obviously more on OC models), but that is the sapphire the most sold aggressiv price model most affected by it??

if it is something like that, it is likely that some who thought spared noticing when the phenomen on is completely will unleash wormy beast having a more powerful proc or a new game (see backround software probably their ramdomly influence too) on varying the graphics horsepower required with a larger amplitude, frequency or whatever ... Finally, I am not specialized in computer science or electronics and this is just a guess xD anyway it air already be likely to be a victim of this unsolved problem and come "testify" so I find it rather shocking AMD and Sapphire is completely silent on this shamed subject! "

9. King4x4

King4x4 Guest

GPU:
    4xSapphire 290x@1200mhz
    Strangely enough 12.11 is the most stable driver I got. Me thinks you need to format your main drive and start fresh.

10. terryble

terryble Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    Anyway~~it is none of my business now....im with the green team~~
    dont think i will be visiting AMD anytime soon in the next few GPU~~

Good luck guys~~

11. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
    Some on who has crashes can confirm that on 12.11 it is all good now?

12. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 G

i called sapphire yesterday and they recommended 12.9 beta. i played for about 6 hours yesterday and then crashed in shogun 2 just now. i'm installing 12.11 now and i'll let you know when i crash again.

my patience has run out. i'm going to set up an RMA after my next black screen, i know it probably won't fix the problem but i'm sick of just waiting for more drivers.how much do you all think i could get selling the refurbished card sapphire would send me?

13. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Sapphire make good cards. Either your specific card has an issue or the issue is with something else.

14. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
    I sent my card to RMA and they sad that my card is fine... You can show them place in skyrim whem in my case pc always crash :S

I gave my card to my friend with amd processor and in hic pc card doesnt crash, i get from him GTX 460 and on my pc work perfect :S

So if this radeon card is soo good tell my why it doesnt work on my pc while nvidia works fine?

15. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 G
    you want to make an offer then, on the refurbished card that sapphire sends me back:eek3:

16. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    That answers the question that it is not an issue with the card. Something else in your computer is not working properly. The NVidia card has not exposed the issue in that exact scenario you describe but it may do in future.

17. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
    Yea right... Some thing else is broken but not super sapphire card, but when i pull back it from my pc and put nvidia card then it is just accidentally that all errors are gone...

Seems legit

18. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Guest

GPU:
    Guyz the problem is not about sapphire and HD7870 I have Powercolor HD7850 and i have the same issue.

19. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    There is a weak spot in your rig that the card is exposing. It works in another pc which immediately rules the card out. Your PSU is below the requirement for the 7870 but is above it for the 460. Time to start looking for the actual problem.

20. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    When I have had problems with components in the past I try a number of things. Try cleaning the drivers off the computer and trying a new set. Try reseating the gfx card. Redo all the electronic connections. Check there is enough airflow around the card. Check the temperature of the card. Remove any overclock if it has one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.