Apple announces 4th-gen iPad

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Oct 23, 2012.

1. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/23/some-apple-stores-offering-exchanges-on-ipads/

i somewhat agree with you but when you buy the NEW IPAD you want the NEW IPAD not a piece of hardware if you get what im saying, you want to have the best for as long as possible and if they release something even better, that defeats the purpose of spending money on "the best"

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The new one sounds great, and if i was looking for a tablet i'm sure this would be top of the list.

Saying that i can understand why existing owners would be annoyed.

Can't help feel Apple has kinda lost it's way since Steve Jobs died, the iPhone5 was underwhelming, the iPad mini is nothing special and still quite expensive and this is just going to annoy people.
    Jobs pissed off alot of people, but in general he kept Apple fans happy.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'd say EspHack explained it better than I could....

4. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

How much do you get on LTE then?

I get 24MB down, and 15Mb Up. 3G was 3Mb downm donno up. Massive upgrade for me.

5. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    I will be getting one! Coming from an Ipad2 and Asus TF700

I don't think this is meant to replace your ipad3, rather Apple trying to compete more with cheaper and smaller alternatives. Personally I thought it would have been a bit cheaper for the kindles but $500 for top of the line Apple isn't too bad.

Also I buy things with the intent to use it, not sell it.

6. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    its ****ty LTE, because it cant even use all the frequencys that are reserved FOR LTE. depending on the country you can just trow away that phone and buy something that works instead

7. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -

Indeed I do.

As for the person saying they don't owe a damn thing. Very true. Just thankful you aren't in charge of any kind of marketing because with that attitude you'd run the product straight into the ground.

Technology moves forward and people expect an annual product cycle. Not every 6 months.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not pleased at all, thankfully the screen is identical.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I don't have LTE as I don't see the point in it and it's overpriced.

I can pull 11mbps down on 3G (my phone supports upto 14mbps), but i've seen others get 20mbps on 3G on the same network.

10. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    It's barely an upgrade anyway. Typical Apple, they really don't care about their customers, always thinking purely about £££

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I'd be concerned if they were to diversify too much on their product range.

They fell into that trap before when jobs left the first time; when he came back he stripped the range back down because of market perception.

Too many products belittles the owners perception of the products they buy, it reduces perceptual value.

Not sayin the iPad mini is poor, or that any of their products are poor, but if you saturate too much AND release too often, you get the blurring effect which works against you.

Apple is a company which should have a simple range:

1 phone
    1 tablet
    1 desktop
    1 workstation
    1 laptop/portable

Splitting your range so that for each $100 you got a brand new product, or, additional range within is just stoopid.

If you do that; you are simply telling people to make a decision what to buy by how much money they have - that's the thought process you put people through.

From there, they will begin the review what the competition has at the same dollar value.

This is where someone like apple is weakest, because their products are not designed for that kind of thought process - they are designed for people who want simple products thAt are high quality.

With scuffgate and now this, I do not like where apple is going...

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    yeah, most companies just throw a crap ton of products at a wall and see's what sticks. Sony for example is horrible, trying to narrow down a TV and comparing it to 50 others they make that are extremely similar with the same size screen and look, often with just a slightly different ..and lengthy product number. Like i have a Bravadia..but couldn't tell you which one specifically. Value? again no clue, they keep pumping out so many, i'd have to list every feature for someone to want to pay proper value.

But with Apple, you mention Ipad 2 and everyone knows exactly which model you are talking about as apposed to what Sony would do...Ipad XTVRS T602-243903212u9u49030u40932u49u3u...aaaaaahhhhh:bang:
    Then they would have a 7inch, 10 inch, 15, inch...etc models, some with keyboards, some with Ultra HD, some not...etc. lol, it sucks actually.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Because most of us would rather get a colonoscopy and a root canal at the same time than use Windows 8.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Cause a gap of one year suggests that they started development on the replacement after the latest one came out whilst a gap of 6 month suggests that they were developing the successor at the same time the 'latests' one was being developed. It throws a lot of questions in to the loop

a). Did they deliberately cut focus on the 'latest' version so that they could focus on the unit that was going to replace it. I.e did they deliberately hold back on tech that could have gone in to the 'latest' version just so they could stick it in the replacement?
    b). What level of support does it suggest when a company is replacing it's products so quickly?
    c). Could they have skipped the latests one, focused fully on the up coming replacement and given it's customer a better, more powerful device at a better price in 3 months time instead of trying to gouging their customers twice?

To be honest I don't see what the shock is about, it's Apple for god sake, the company who launch a whole new range of product with every day tech missing that it's counter parts have as standard only so that they can then launch ANOTHER whole new product line several months down the line that now contains that tech.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    rofl this :banana:

16. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Agreed.

I have a feeling that if it were Samsung bringing out products so quickly, we'd hear nothing but praise for them for moving technology forward and bringing the fight to Apple.

17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Agree^...Still want one though:)