12.9 caps + WoW

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Trance221, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Trance221

Trance221 Guest

GPU:
    6gb
    Hiya,

Installed the new caps for f1 and now wow performs terribly. Before 12.9 caps there was 2 profiles (wow.exe and WoW.exe), both of those worked pretty well.

I've tried forcing all the new wow profiles added for the .exe's and the performance is still terrible.

I've uninstalled and gone back to 12.8 cap 3 for the time being but was wondering if there is a way to save the old profile in 12.8 cap3 or something because I can't stay with 12.8 caps forever, or if anyone knew why WoW is not liking these new ones..

If it helps I've tried both dx9 and 11 modes on both caps. Dx9 mode performs bad on both caps, dx11 is fine on old caps but bad on new. Tried messing around with other settings but only one that seems to work is dx11 on cap 12.8.

Cheers!

2. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    I have the same problem, just wait for a fix, from Blizzard or AMD.

3. Trance221

Trance221 Guest

GPU:
    6gb
    Sorry forgot to mention, also tried setting catalyst ai mode to disabled for all wow.exe's and tried using radeonpro to not use crossfire, it still performs bad, no idea why..

At least I know it isnt just me, ill wait for a fix as usual :D

4. sausje

sausje Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD6870
    I did a test in a certain area, with 12.8 and cap3, i get 55 fps on 1 card and 60 fps on 2 cards enabled. (usage at that point was 54% and 98%)...
    64bit or 32bit (or renaming 64bit to 32bit name) didn't change anything...

5. wolfmenace

wolfmenace Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5970x2 2GB DDR5
    Try this :

ESC -> System -> Graphics

you can even set to ultra but change these settings below

Multisampling: set to 1x
    Liquid Detail : Good
    Shadow Quality : Low or Fair

Now your WoW will run at 170fps with out vsync :banana:

tested on 32bit and 64bit wow client

Also some addons are causing fps problems........

6. sausje

sausje Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD6870
    Yeah because that is what we want, an updated ~6 year old engine that we need to lower graphics with in order to have porper fps.
    No ty, AMD needs to step their **** up, or i'm throwing these ****ing cards out of the window and buy me a 680

7. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    +1 for what sausje said, tho I think closer to 8yrs old lol.

8. usoldier

usoldier Member

GPU:
    7900XTX
    Using 12.9 Betas + 12.9 cap all maxed out on wow no performace issues and i would dare say beter IQ maybe problem is on your driver instalation ?

9. sausje

sausje Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD6870
    You reply about caps for a SINGLE card setup... (unless you didn't update your profile info).
    This is about people with crossfire, not single card setup.

10. sausje

sausje Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD6870
    huh, with 12.9 caps i'm getting horrible fps indeed compared to 12.8 cap3.

But the odd thing is that i see BOTH cards being used while playing in windowed mode.
    Kinda strange as AMD can't run crossfire in windowed mode?!?! Or did they finally managed to pull it off?

11. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    Yes, something is most certainly amiss with these caps and WoW.

12. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
  13. sausje

sausje Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD6870
    Gives flickering and still poor scaling (34%/40%), same fps as on single card.

So it's not fixed with that.

14. sausje

sausje Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD6870
    12.11 + 12.10 cap1, still not fixed.
    Knowing AMD they will never fix it now that it hasn't been after a few new releases (like skyrim)

15. Newfiejudd

Newfiejudd Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6970 XFire
    F%^K yeah I'm with you man. I wasted all morning trying to get this crap sorted out.

Nothing has worked. Flickering back, GPU usage on both cards is about 25-50% @ best. Best combo for me was 12.8 cap3 and 12.9 beta with dot net. And stupidly I deleted my 12.8 cap3.
    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on 12.8 cap3.

And one thing I find funny is, why this wasn't tested before it was released. I mean seriously AMD, WOW is still one of the most played games in the world, and you guys even managed to F%^K that up. What are you guys using for testing, MINE CRAFT or facebook games. WTF AMD.

One seriously upset customer here, about ready top push that buy it now button on 2 new GTX 680's. And to top it all off AMD are still wondering why sales continue to drop. I will never buy AMD again that is for sure. If I was an HD7000 owner I wouldn't be celebrating in a wierd way, they have sold you all gimped cards from their lack of decent drivers. I really don't see this as a win for AMD, but merely an indication of how terribly bad their cards are supported, something like 7 month to finally get the performance people paid a HUGE premium for. If anything AMD should be sending you guys the free games, not the new customers.

Ok rant over so sorry guys. Just frustrated beyond belief with ATI right now.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

16. sausje

sausje Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD6870
  17. Newfiejudd

Newfiejudd Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6970 XFire
    Thank you sir, very much appreciated.

Unfortunately I am running 5670 x 1080 so I have no choice but to run DX9 :(

Thanks again.

18. Newfiejudd

Newfiejudd Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6970 XFire
    Ok now I can't get any performance back in my drivers.

Re-installed 12.9 beta and the 12.8 cap3 and my WoW performance is still only single card performance.

Getting very frustrated with this. I can only manage to get 22 fps in Wow with Dual 6970's @ 5760 x 1080.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I give up.. I can't for the life of me get back to playable Frames with dual 6970's.

I have had enough of AMD, I'm sorry but I'm going green.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  19. sausje

sausje Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD6870
    I noticed something odd today during raiding.

Donno if you can see it on the stream (http://www.own3d.tv/sausje/video/854550), but i was getting massive stutters every 2-3 secs. (fps was jumping around like crazy aswell, instead of having stable)
    While the game was running with crossfire disabled via profile.

So i turned off crossfire via CCC itself (and not by profile), and the strange stuttering is gone and i could stream+fraps at 60 fps without a single stutter...

I can now safely say that AMD ****ed their driver up for WoW and i have serious doubts that it will ever be fixed again.
    Shame i don't have the cash to go to green side atm, but if i had, i would had done it in an instant.

Shame on you AMD.!

20. Newfiejudd

Newfiejudd Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6970 XFire
    One thing Have noticed is when in Dungeons I get full usage of both GPU's and my FPS are over 150. When I get in the open world teh FPS drops to 25-30 with only minimal GPU load.

Weird happenings for sure.