New amd rig, low performance

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Swift-R, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basquedude

Basquedude Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5970 2GB

Yeah... typical american response.... nice TRY though.

Why do I say this? Who cares if its old, it still shows how the BF3 engine handles CPUs, like I said your ivy bridge wont make a difference once vsync is on and video card is a factor, even a phenom II would suffice........

All you intel fanbois seem to miss the point, it doesnt matter if you get a gazzilion fps when your limited in other ways when your not benchmarking.....

Sorry as for the BD vs ivy bridge i7s tests, cant find the one I saw where they were about equal with proper resolution settings, all I could find are reviews with higher rez which I wont post but if you want to see them go ahead and google, they still score equal anyways due to video card. In the good one I saw they were both doing over 170 fps I think

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Stop that, i don't like AMD flaming, but also nor Intel flaming. Bunch of kids... :p

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Did you not read the OP he plays mostly single threaded games CS:GO and COD2 both will have better performance on the intel as its single thread performance is higher. I think you came in here and read someone advising him to replace his AMD cpu with an intel got offended that simple I'm done responding to you your nothing more than a troll that can't resond to the actual topic and resort to calling someone a fat lazy American real classy enjoy your day.

Sorry Tweak I'm done.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You even quoted the conclusion and it didnt say that at all.
    Please point out where that was stated 'anywhere'.

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Huge lol at Basque... u r a tool and a troll

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Agreed.

7. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Maybe you didn't quite understand everything you read from Hilbert. Lets have another look:

"Concluding then. I'll keep saying this, personally I would have preferred a faster per core performing AMD quad-core processor rather then an eight-core processor with reduced nice per core performance. However we do have to be clear here, we have been working with the FX 8350 processor for a while now and it simply is a great experience overall. Your system is very fast, feels snazzy and responsive. The Achilles heel simply remain single threaded applications. The problem here is that it effects game performance quite a bit, especially with high-end dedicated graphics cards and that's why in it's current form the FX series simply is not that popular amongst the gaming community.
    "

I simply state my opinion based on experience and what I've read on the Vishera. Owning an FX and having worked on both i5 and FX machines, I can confidently say that a Vishera machine would feel faster to the end user than an i5. I'm not talking about gaming.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Source?

9. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ are you serious? That was pulled directly from Hilbert's review of the 8350. My source, Guru3d lol. There is no other black and white "source" for the end users overall computer experience. Some people, possibly yourself, need a sheet of paper with a number to prove something. Benchmarks aren't people. I bet if you took 10 people, and sat them down at an i5 machine for three hours and at an equivalent Vishera machine and had them use all kinds of apps, more may say the Vishera felt quicker.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Black and white escapes you.
    Nowhere is there any statement that it is better than i5, you still havent pointed out where that was said.
    If you 'properly' read between the lines, you will see that Hilbert wished for higher IPC.
    With lower IPC, it isnt going to give better performance, but worse.
    But its good enough so you wont care when using Windows.

11. Basquedude

Basquedude Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5970 2GB
    Troll of the tweenies= someone who is correct
    old school troll= the kind that label the above troll and are clueless as to the true definition of troll.

:D

Anyways even if its single threaded SO WHAT!!!
    Like I said, video card and vsync.

12. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I never said he said that. I said that.

13. Basquedude

Basquedude Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5970 2GB
    Get real intel fanbois, even a PII quad above 3 ghz is enough for any game including BF3....

Unless maybe you want over 120 fps constant due to monitor, and for that I can assure you even a X6 BD will suffice.

Its all about best bang for buck. And concerning these new visheras, wait till we see them at above 5 ghz with NB ocs..... For under 200$.....

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I asked for a source that states the amd is snappier than any i5.

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Show us a reputable source.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Are you saying that Hilbert is wrong?

17. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Sigh... i'll just copy/paste repeat myself and I am out :bang: The source will be computer users actual workstations all over the world.

My own post: There is no other black and white "source" for the end users overall computer experience. Some people, possibly yourself, need a sheet of paper with a number to prove something. Benchmarks aren't people. I bet if you took 10 people, and sat them down at an i5 machine for three hours and at an equivalent Vishera machine and had them use all kinds of apps, more may say the Vishera felt quicker.

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You have no reputable source so are making things up to prevent yourself from feeling bad.
    Understandable.

19. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    lol riiiight, thats it :rolleyes: You can't open someones eyes to a possibility if their brain is closed book. Continue being in denial and living your life by a benchmark Muff, I'm out

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    OK, lets dig into this a bit to see who is in denial.

You said
    When we demonstrated that you cant read, you changed your answer to
    Unfortunately for you, you arent relying on peoples memory to remember what you posted, its here in Black and White.
    Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.