AMD Catalyst 12.11 (9.010.8 November 15) AMD Official BETA 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Ok but my card is a 7970 lightning using the OC bios. Its no where near reference.

2. scorpscarx

scorpscarx Guest

GPU:
    Sorry, I didn't read your tag, I was just going off what others seemed to confirm.

I hope they roll out a new beta soon that fixes this, pretty annoying.

3. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    LOL @ drivers issues listen people this driver is performance driver not the stable driver and its for Hd 7000 series only for older cards dont install theseor get problems and glitches.

Wait for 12.12 mega new year driver .

4. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Yea also I see no performance increase on borderlands 2 but BF3 feels amazing. FPS is much more stable.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Installed on my 6950x2 Crossfire + caps 12.10 W7x64bit, no problems to report , FPS stay ~same in the games i play NFS the Run and DiRT3 , i notice more vibrant and crisp colors IQ seems to be improved ( Might be placebo effect :giggle2: ) Very good stable drivers here , great going AMD :thumbup:

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

That... isn't encouraging since that's the same card I'm receiving tomorrow. Guess I'll find out if I also have the same issue.

7. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    just cause someone has a problem..doesnt mean you will...who knows how well they maintain their system..or dont...what software they ahve on it..etc etc etc...

pc comparisons that ARENT fresh installs....are near pointless. and then theres the different hardware..bios'...cooling solutions...etc etc

8. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    well, my win 7 is recently reinstalled, about a month ago, so i think its still fresh.

9. rone

rone Member Guru

On HD5870 it is mixed bag. BF3 performance is down, Blacklight Retribution is up. :paranoid:

10. MWisBest

MWisBest Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G+6750M
    I don't understand why people completely wipe out their drivers and then install a new set fresh. I have never done this, I install right over the top of the old ones, and apparently I'm probably the only person using AMD/ATi since 2004 that hasn't had a single issue with drivers or hardware. Every time there is one of these driver threads I see people complaining about issues and it just makes me facedesk.

One case I can make for not wiping drivers is that with laptops, the manufacturer's drivers usually come with some chipset drivers or things like that specific to them that won't come with your normal installer from AMD. If you wipe those drivers you aren't getting them back unless you go install the manufacturer's drivers again.

I'm using it on both VLIW5 and VLIW4 architectures just fine, and GPGPU performance has substantially increased for me, even if just regular graphics is the same performance.

11. moriz

moriz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 5850 (900/1200)
    just had three consecutive driver crashes while playing BF3 with these drivers. i'm going to try to isolate the issue now.

i'm running a 7970 lightning at 1125/1600 stock GPU voltages, with three displays (2560x1440 primary, two 1080p in portrait mode). i was running one of asder's modified drivers previously, but don't know if it has anything to do with the issue.

also, monitor sleep does not work with these drivers at all. the screens just display a black image, but does not actually sleep.

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Remember this driver is only a beta, so there may be issues. I personally am looking forward to the HD8000 series, they look to be very nice cards indeed. Maybe a HD8950, or the rumoured HD8930 depending on the prices. I think these drivers are the start of the lead-in into the next generation, since it's about optimising the new architecture.

I wonder if there is much more performance headroom they can make use of?

13. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I really hope so.

I'm curious though, as I am not getting all of the "performance" gains it stated in the charts.

Edit: I can confirm I also have the ref card clock bug. Reverting to 12.9 beta works flawlessly. clocks idle 300/150. I still cannot see any sort of ram usage. So that must be a w8 bug.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  14. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Guest

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    Which card and which bios are you using please?

15. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    for my 7970m im going back to 12.8 these 12.11 and 12.10 2D Clock Bug is a bit annoying while using my notebook, not temperature wise but the fans :/

16. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Check out my post in the 7xxx desktop flicker thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4436725&postcount=54

17. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Same problem, it has to be 300/150 with 0.850 idles but it is 500/1400 with 0.950. Can be solved by creating a profile in CCC with core and memory Mz on the min witch is 300/150. Use this and when you play for example a 1080p youtube video on Mozila you will see that the core and memory are scaling properly. Strange.
    I hope they are fixing this because the performance increase is huge.

18. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    ati is again loosing it with bugged driver sets....
    and i thought after some brilliant drivers it will go in right direction, but NO

19. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    bugs are anoying but thats the reason they are called beta :nerd:

20. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Perhaps worth noting it is a beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.