GW2 AWESOME in 3D

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by BIGMICK, Sep 11, 2012.

1. BIGMICK

BIGMICK Guest

GPU:
    Palit/GTX 680/4096mb/x2
    Just to say that if anyone hasn't tried GW2 yet it has the best implemented of 3d of any game I have played.....Hat's of to arena net and nvidia for there collaboration on this game :)

2. Sinean

Sinean Active Member

GPU:
    xfx 7900 xt
    Tried GW2 with nvidia 680 with a passive monitor, 720p Character very slightly out of focus. Playable. Npc and players names at a distance are not in focus.
    Not bad.

Tried it with amd 6950 xfire and Samsung 950d, 720p and 1080p. Can't play with built in native support so I used Tridef. Everything is in focus except distant npc names and Player character names.

Hopefully they will add support for HD3D Natively. Generally find Native support is better.

BF3 is probably the best 3d I've seen yet in game.

Playable with either platform :)

3. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Does look really superb in 3D I must admit. My fps is all over the place thou even with a lot of settings lowered right down.

4. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    On a passive display you should be using 1080p interlaced, that's the best quality mode I could find for my passive (maybe some are different)

Disappointed to hear that the native nvidia 3d vision is worse than the tridef as that's what I'm using on my 7970 / 47" LG passive 3D TV. While it looks amazing, the out of focus names etc does kind of ruin it for me so I was thinking about going to the nVidia / 3D monitor side.

Side note: Trine 2 native interlaced 3d is the best I've seen yet :)

5. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Trine 2 is truly eye popping in 3D, just an unbelievably beautiful game.
    Metro 2033 is a must for 3D also for people who haven't tried it.

6. ollie26

ollie26 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX560TI 448 980/1960
    Hey, fellow 3D gamers. A few titles that are great for me are, Max Payne 3, Trine 2, Resident Evil 5, Batman Arkham City, Street Fighter X Tekken and BF3.

I do not use 3D for online MP with BF3 though, i seem to lose out in a one on one firefights.

Running a BenQ XL2420T 3D monitor

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    agree. first 3d native game that made me say "wow" outloud.
    but let us not forget 3d p0rn...pov versions.:smoke:

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have BenQ XL2420T too. But not for 3D, I use it only for 120Hz gaming as shutter glasses gives me headache in 10 minutes and 3D experience is pretty limited as my brain is bit too fast and realizes those images are not coming simultaneously.

For 3D I had Passive LG TV 32LW650s which was really great if I forget about a lot of bugs which caused small ghosting. And pretty weird 100% working solution which had to be applied every time. Which proved that LG firmware 5 times updated is even after year on market as bad as 1st day.

Worst thing for me was huge input lag. When I got that TV it was 120+ms, after last update it got to 70-80ms at max, but still terrible for any 3D fps games.

With over 150games on Steam I tested a lot. Memorable Eye Candies:
    Alice: Madness Returns - PhysX particles in game are pretty boring, but once it goes in 3D that is where hundreds of flying things are shinning.
    Dead Space 2 - There in no better experience than to get pwned in Stereo 3D
    Killing Floor - Not so good textures and average models turns into incredible fun once you look on them in Aim Mode with Rifle or Shotgun
    Trine 2 - Just Candies... I want more
    Mirrors Edge - Those jumps got just serious
    Dead Island - even with minor problem w/ skybox background not being in right distance a lot of fun with close combat
    Half-Life 2 - Played even at Anaglyph glasses in BW mode. Only issue was shadow from flashlight but in time I got TV it was already fixed
    Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light - Just Fantastic, and close to Trine 2 experience
    UT3: Black Edition - With all those shaders at right places, this is probably most detailed game to date
    TES5: Skyrim - Really fun experience, but graphically below UT3 in stereoscopic
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent - I am sure there are people who wanna to play this game in stereo. Not many and even less to finish it. Pretty scary.

Now I am patiently waiting and reading reviews about all new passive 3D TVs. Unfortunately most of them have processing units derived from LG.