Needs to buy a new case

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by campcreekdude, Sep 30, 2012.

1. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    I currently own an Antec 900.

It was a nice case until i stuck a third video card in it and now whenever i sit my case upright my video cards now touch each other and rub and fans make hissing sounds against the bottom of the other fan... (you get the picture now)...so i have to set the case on its side. EVEN THEN if i dont maneuver the cards properly they touch each other a bit.

I also do not have alot of space for all these cables that I am not using on my Antec True Quattro 1200 watt power supply.

Its actually quite horrible the mess of cables inside my case. It blocks so much air from coming in the front of the case and i have no-wheres to shove them.

Okay so the next case i want is going to be gigantic. Also it must have something to hold video-cards in place so they dont touch each other.

I wouldnt mind USB 3.0 front panel and E-sata front panel. My motherboard is a Crosshair V.

I want enough room in this case to fit a large radiator for an enclosed cooling system like corsair H100.

The video cards i have are really long 11 point something inches i believe.
    They are Gigabyte 7970 OC windforce 3.

The current case i have cannot position a Hard-drive behind a video card because the video cards bumps up against the Hard-drive.

So i need a LONG case and lots of space.

In the antect 900 my third video card is only less than a centimeter away from the power supply and that results a really hot video card on the bottom. Which in turn makes all the other cards hot.

I need a taller case as well the motherboard positioned farther away from the power-supply.

I bought the antec 900 cause the store guys said it was an awesome case.
    I didnt think far in advance and didn't know all these problems with compressed space....pop up.

In the end result is I am looking for suggestions. Help me find a case thats huge.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    You could try Cooler Master HAF-XM , CM storm trooper/stryker. or you could try the cosmos 2. Don't know other brands,

3. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Yeah some of the cards Radeons especially can bow and sag down a bit.

Two different solutions for that come to mind..

Some of the Silverstone chassis mount differently with cards vertical rather than horizontal. Then it is a non issue...

Also some of the CoolerMaster HAF series have video card support mechanism to address this problem

Your Antec 900 a good chassis but I think its glory days are over

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  4. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Where are you buying from?

5. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    I am buying from Canada.

The HAF X looks good. I know a friend who has one. He is supposed to upgrade his case but i don't believe he will find a test bench that will suit his needs.

He wants a test bench that is set for water-cooling and will do 9 Hard-drives... lol I've been looking for him and I don't believe i will find anything for him as I was supposed to purchase his HAF X from him once he got a test bench.

Im getting a bit annoyed at my condition of sideways computers So i might as well get something. If there are any test benches water cooled ready and 9 hard-drives throw those options out there too ...

Unfortunately i see that most test benches are home made.

6. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Antec Eleven Hundred is just $75 AR at CC right now, pretty awesome deal. It's a super mid tower, not quite a full tower but definitely roomier than Antec 900, and with better cable management, hard disk bays etc.

900 = 18.60" x 8.60" x 19.40" - 8 expansion slots
    1100 = 21.5" x 9.3" x 20.7" - 9 expansion slots

7. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Im reading that a Cosair H100 wont fit in the Antec 1100.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/334404-28-antec-eleven-hundred-cool-master

Quote:

"But from the look of Antec eleven hundred, it doesn't look like it can fit the corsair H100...any thoughts? Thanks"

I wonder if the reviews say something about it....

Reviews say it should fit but looks so tight.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/03/15/antec_eleven_hundred_gaming_case_review/4

If you are planning on internally mounting a Corsair Hydro H100 in the Antec Eleven Hundred, you will be limited to one location without modification to the case. Thankfully the H100 features a slim radiator and, although it is a tight fit, it can be mounted in the area behind the hard drive rail.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  8. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Antec 1100
    [​IMG]

HAF X

[​IMG]

Interesting. That 75 bucks is an interesting Deal. I need to know if it contains Brackets to fix my GPU touching problems... will have to look into it.

By the looks of it the HAF X has two upper fans and more room for the H100.

What if the next version of Cosair internal water cooling has a larger radiator.....these things are only supposed to last 5 years or so watercooling.

9. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    HAF-X is alright, though I find the removable hard drive bays largely pointless. Other than that, temps are good, quiet enough. Heavy though.

10. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Is the Haf X the best on supplied by Cool Master?
    (i dont care about looks)

I am looking at SilverStone Chassis site but i don't know where to start on their website to find something comparable or better.

I havent even looked at Cosmo II yet....
    Just looked at Cosmo it does not appeal to me price-wise.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    if you don't need a full tower, check out my case, has everything you need, including space for rads and comes with a gpu bracket.

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
  13. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT. You can put ANYTHING in it. Super airflow design.

14. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    I like the Roswell but it does not come with a GPU bracket....
    Neither does the Thermal-take..

Coolmaster seems to be the only one that sells a GPU bracket. I do wish that the bracket was designed for 3 cards instead of just 2.... I'm still looking but i like the choices!

15. KEZZA

KEZZA Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 670

Storm trooper is a nice case as i have one.Its easy to work with and looks good

Crap for lanning tho..weights a ton

16. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Depends which storm trooper he gets, window or non-window. the Windowed version is slightly lighter. Also I really don't think it is that heavy. Cosmos 2 will take all you have to move it.

The thing is, even though trooper weights like 20kg+- with all your components inside, the top handle really helps while going to lan or transport it.

17. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
  18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    agreed. have the same case, it's great

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I own and recommend the HAF XM.

Even though it's labelled as a mid tower, it's absolutely enormous - plenty of room for everything. It's also bigger than the 690 Advanced.

You could just about move your whole family in if you wanted to...lol

Takes 8 fans altogether; 2 side fans, 2 top fans, 1 rear fan, 1 front fan and 2 mid HDD fans.

Plus it has 2 front hot swappable drive bays and front USB 3 ports.

My 6 HDD's and SSD fit in easily, cable management is excellent too. No GPU brackets and mediocre dust filters are prob the only drawbacks.

Seems it has room for the H100...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  20. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    And also,it(CM 690 Advanced II) has the Gpu bracket for two cards.