Does the AMD A10 support any 7xxx series cards? (Dual Graphics)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Renzeko, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Renzeko

Renzeko Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 570 1.2GB
    Hey guys, I want to build a system with a A10-5800K in it, but I want to pair it with something in the 7xxx series and be able to enable Dual Graphics, anybody know if this is possible? I looked around the net for a while and it says it supports the 6670 in Dual graphics, but I don't want to use last gens graphics cards :/

Thanks for any input.

2. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    I just read the gpu in that apu is a 7660.

3. Tyrael-D3

Tyrael-D3 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 XT
    6670 (turks vliw5) don't ask how it can xfire with northern island based vliw4 arch......
    same as Llano

4. Renzeko

Renzeko Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 570 1.2GB
    Yes I know this, what I'm trying to figure out is if you can dual graphics with a 7xxx series dedicated video card, instead of running a 7xxx IGP and a 6xxx DGP.

^I don't even ... Sorry. What? :|

5. Tyrael-D3

Tyrael-D3 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 XT
    HD6670 is a Turks based GPU, it was the fastest gpu to hybrid xfire with llano.
    it is still the fastest avail gpu to hybrid xfire with trinity apu as the 7670 is OEM only, i'm sure once the 7670(which is still a Turks based GPU) is avail to retailers and not an OEM only gpu, trinity will hybrid xfire with that.

6670 was at one time an OEM only gpu as well.
    Both are Turks based.
    Turks is a code name used by AMD.

Evergreen upgraded to turks, turks upgraded components to northern island, but not a true northern island architecture.

6. Renzeko

Renzeko Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 570 1.2GB
    Ahh, that was the explanation I was looking for, thank you very much! I suppose I'll wait for the 7670 to become retail before getting an A10 :p

Cheers!

7. Tyrael-D3

Tyrael-D3 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 XT
    ok, but the 6670 and the 7670 are the same identical product :D

keep in mind, ya would only expect about a 25% bump to performance while in hybrid xfire, vs just the 6670 used discretely and only with xfire friendly games.

about half as fast as a gtx460, which is lowest settings in pretty much all games, and very limited to which games would even run over 30 fps on it, nvm the game being xfire friendly :p

What are you using the computer for?

8. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Depends on the resolution your playing on but You really might be better off getting a phenom 2 and pairing that with a card a little more substantial

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012