AMD Catalyst 12.9 (9.001 September 13) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Lock3h

Lock3h Guest

GPU:
    7970 trifire water-cooled
    7970 trifire here.

Anyone getting Game (or any other 3d app) crashing when overclocking, at stock it's fine.

I have to set a Gkey to a profile in MSI afterburner to overclock in game to get around it.

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

ah ok! as I am on Windows 7 I was only going by the other posters comment that the non-NET Framework version was installing Framework 3.5.

You are right though, as I said in an earlier post regarding NET Framework 4.5. If they are to include NET Framework with the installer, it should be the 4.5 version.

3. acereborn

acereborn Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 OC
    I did get artifacts in witcher 2 with 12.9 unfortunatly, but not with 12.6.

Tried to update the Bios on my card but it faild (first time a bios update has faild on me) and the card died. I hope the replacement card will be artifact/flicker free, but I dont think it will be.

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i got artifacts with 12.8, bur not this one.

5. FireFreak111

FireFreak111 Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 2GB
    Wtf

All drivers 9.00+ give me display corruption when gpu scaling or RGB is enabled. Really pissing me off as that means all future drivers will be incompatible with my GPU. Happened on Windows 7 on the original 9.00, now Windows 8.

Using an AMD 6850 self-oc'ed. No idea why this happens only on 9.00+ drivers

6. Faruk

Faruk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Noctua 4080
    Look at the GPU Usage and Core Clock. It is not stable and slowdown to GPU clock 450MHz. Horrible since 12.8!

[​IMG]

7. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Have someone tested it with Battlefield 3? How did it go?

8. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    [​IMG]
    All is fine here with GPU usage, but sometimes I have image corruption :(

9. Faruk

Faruk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Noctua 4080
    I think this issue specifically seeing on 7800 series. Someone mentioned same issue on previous page.

10. usuk

usuk Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 7970 @ 1100
    Installed and uninstalled 5 minutes apart. In a browser scrolling down the page the screen goes bonkers, like it jumping all over the place. So 12.8 whql and no problems.

11. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    After installing these drivers and upgrading .Net to 4.5. I can not play borderlands 2. Now nothing is happening whenever I click play.

12. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    Battlefield 3 runs great on this driver. Im getting alot more frames compared to my previous 12.6 driver.

13. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    thanks asder. :)

will try them on one of Hallryu's 5850's and report back.

14. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Got them installed and running on my 5870m, no games tested yet, but it looks like from furmark there will be a slight performance drop.

15. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    In Skyrim, shadows have disappeared outside when set to Ultra (although they work indoors), they come back if I switch back to High but that doesn't look so great. I reinstalled the 12.8 set and Ultra shadows work outside again. Has anyone else experienced this?

16. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Did you disable Aero? Happend to my old AMD when i was on "Basic".

17. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Gained like 10 FPS in Armored Kill maps, BF3 seems to be way smoother, me likes.

18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Working flawlessly here on DiRT3 and NFS The Run , objects and overall everything looks better , sharper image , fps stay the same but image quality really improved. No problems to report runnig Crossfire 2x HD6950s. Good Drivers , Keepers for me :).

19. Tyrael-D3

Tyrael-D3 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 XT
    8.970 april 18th drivers were the last drivers that did'nt make my screen go crazy in 2d
    every newer driver since...can't use any OC tool without creating a 2d fix via ccc preset. Need to set mem speed to 1300 in all modes.

20. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    These are the best drivers I got since my HD7k purchase. (along with the other D3D: 9.14.10.0926 drivers earlier available from Asder00:dave: = Thanks! )

With all the drivers from 12.1 to 12.8 I came across all sorts of BSODs with the games I play, futhermore often with crossfire enabled, and even Firefox and Chrome and even windows sleeeeeep :sleep2: was hard crashing bad:

But now, most of the biggest issues I was facing are fixed. No more BSODs
    It feels like I'm out of the alpha drivers phase of these CGN graphics cards!!!
    and FPS improved a lot compared to 12.4 WHQL

I don't have any newer games than Max Payne3, but most of my older demanding games run good now with their max graphics and Anti-aliasing enhanced with AMD's EQAA and Adaptative AA @2560x1440 res:

Alan Wake
    Alien VS Predator
    Assasin's Creed series
    Batman AA&AC
    Battlefield 3
    Bioshock1&2
    Crysis1&2
    Dead Island
    Dirt 2-3-Showndown
    Just Cause 2
    Left4Dead 2, Portal2 and TF2
    Lost Planet2
    Mafia2
    Metro2033
    RAGE (openGL)
    Serious Sam BF3
    Trine1&2
    ...+more forgettable games...

**Note that for Metro 2033 and Crysis2, 2560x1440 is still too much for a dual radeon HD7000 and I have to reduce to 1920x1080

p.s. Batman Arkham City and Crysis2 over abused of tessellation ! OMG !
    ex: In Arkham City, If i stick my face to the church's exterior walls or the big robot dinosaur in the museum entrance@1440p: 100% GPU utilisation and 15 FPS !
    Being that heavy to render for a not so better looking result is not worth it, In My Opinion or course... I would rather have better detailed and varied textures