RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Let me check, thanks.

EDIT

RP is not saving the OSD settings in global profile, it reverts back when i close it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  2. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    OK, thanks. The Double Vsync isn't working yet though as I can see the FPS OSD and it's still running at 50-80 FPS. Do I need to also enable Vsync in either the Visual tab or in-game?

I ticked a few other items in the OSD tab, for both GPUs as I'm not sure which one is the real one, but the only thing that shows in ArmA is the FPS.

As RP seems to think I have two GPUs, it displayed the Crossfire bar in ArmA initially, until I disabled that.

3. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    I'm trying to do this to see if it helps with ArmAII but if I enable and tick some items in Global OSD and then go to the profile tab (where I've unticked the OSD Settings checkbox) when I go back to Global, it's unticked everything and reset to Disabled.

EDIT: This doesn't happen the other way round, i.e. if I set OSD settings for the profile and then go to Global, it doesn't mess with the Profile settings. However, all the items in Global have been messed up, so OSD Settings is ticked and can't be unticked, likewise for everything on Visual, Advanced has the first three items clear, the rest down to CrossfireX Settings ticked and I can't untick any of them. Maybe it was like this before but I thought I looked and it was all unticked.

Also, I have a lot of trouble getting RP to show from the tray. Clicking on Open RadeonPro tends to do nothing the first time and double-clicking on the icon likewise either gets ignored the first time or tends to show then hide the window, requiring another single or double-click to get it to show.

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    You should a atiman uninstall, and reinstall the drivers to get rid of the crossfire issue.

Something is seriously wrong if you have one card, and it thinks you have two.

Since its not supposed to be there, anything we do may have no effec ttill thats fixed.

5. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Yup, Same happens here.

6. And0r

And0r Active Member

GPU:
    Here is the LA Noire DX11 log you asked for Japamd.

7. yaji

yaji Active Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512MB
    I think I found a bug. OSD is not working if its position is set to bottom.

8. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    OK, I've been meaning to upgrade from 12.4 to 12.6 anyway, so I'll do a clear out and reinstall.

However it seems to be a RP bug as neither CCC nor GPU-Z think I have more than one GPU.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its probobly just some leftovers, i doubt its RP.

12.9 Beta just came out, might as well go for those...

10. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Nah, I'll wait to see if they're OK. 12.8 were pretty bad so I'll stick with 12.6, which I know are OK and let someone else be the guinea pig ;)

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Did you clicked on Save changes after changing things on Global profile?

I am asking because people are used to have settings saved automatically for profile level, but not at global level.

Same for dove.

Thanks.

Works for me. Which games aren't working for you? All games?

12. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    My bad man I wasn't saving the settings and OSD info is working with global profile.

I never tried using the global settings as I thought it was the same as per profile.

Still TPB is not working.

HUGE thanks.

13. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Ah thanks, that was it. I had trouble finding the Save Changes button even after reading your message but I located it eventually. Maybe it could be more prominent?

RP's correctly showing that I've got one GPU now. Don't know what fixed it, maybe opening CCC or GPU-Z.

OSD is working OK now as Global. Still not getting any effect from Double-Vsync though, even if I set it in Global. OK, if I disable triple-buffering (in profile, Vsync settings not set in Global) then it limits it to 60 FPS but I need it limited to 30.

How about if I put 30 in the "Display refresh rate" box and tick "Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate". Would that work?

EDIT: No, that doesn't work. "Lock frame rate" can only be ticked (or at least will only stay ticked) if Vsync is also enabled, so I tried with it on Always On and Double Vsync and it's still showing 60 FPS in ArmAIIOA.

EDIT2: I've also tried just Double Vsync, refresh rate 60 Hz, Vsync Always on under Visual, still 60 FPS. Then I enabled Vsync in ArmAIIOA and still 60 FPS.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    No problem. So it looks like Steam is the culprit.

TPB is not fault-proof, some games can't have it applied by force, I've explained it in this thread a couple of times how it works.

Don't worry, you'll get used to it eventualy, the link Save Changes appears only when you change things at global level.

If you want 30 FPS cap, seting DFC to 30 FPS is enough. If you don't want screen tearing, set vsync always on. Triple-buffering might be needed depending on game engine.

Forcing display refresh rate is not ideal, but you can try it.

Double vsync may be broken, I made some changes to vsync control internals and forgot to check if it is working. Better stick with normal vsync and DFC.

15. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    OK, thanks. DFC set to 30 and Vsync Always On works to keep it at 30 FPS. I have to disable TB though, otherwise it runs at 60 FPS. I disabled Display Refresh Rate by setting it to 0, so that's not in the equation.

EDIT: I still can't unlock Overdrive though.

16. yaji

yaji Active Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512MB
    For now I tested it on Hawken and some small benchmark (rthdribl), but I will check some other games soon.

edit.

Ok, I think I got it. OSD is not working if position of OSD is set to bottom AND game is running in window.

edit2.

I'm a bit confused, it seems that if game starts in windowed mode, then there is no OSD on bottom, but if it starts fullscreen and then mode is changed to windowed, OSD starts working.

17. King Kong

King Kong Member

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Out of interest: can FXAA and SMAA be used simultaneously together or just one at the time?
    Thanks in advance.

18. Chrisoldinho

Chrisoldinho Guest

GPU:
    CF HIS 7950 IceQ's
    simultaneously :)

19. creepyMatt

creepyMatt Guest

GPU:
    Hd 6850 1GB
    Japamd, I just installed 12.9 beta drivers, and while RP works in Borderlands now, fxaa doesn't work at all, in any game. SMAA works ok, except for some games.
    RP still doesn't work in BF3 or Kingdoms of Amalur for me. Just wanted to let you know about that. :)

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    FXAA stopped working after Catalyst 12.9 install in ALL games? Are you sure? I need to check this. Unfortunately the leaked 12.9 crashed my CFX setup, so I revert it to 12.8 WHQL which is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.