Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryankhart

ryankhart Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 560 ti 2GB
    Live Commentary / Record game audio + Microphone

I can't say how badly I want MSI Afterburner to have this feature. It works so well for recording the video without any hit on my system, that I am using Audacity to record mic audio separate from the video recording and then merging them later in editing, which is a pain.

This is a feature request, not a help/support request. I know there is Fraps, Bandicam, and several others, but I want to use MSI Afterburner, not because it's free, but because it captures better video without my performance taking a hit.

2. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Yea I love Afterburner so much. I have been using it for I think 3-4 years now and its one of those <5 programs I always install.

I also have 2 feature requests:

I would like the ability to manipulate how the on monitor text looks like in greater detail. Ie what text and on which line #. Also the font size, which I cant choose atm.

The second thing is I would like to not be notified when Afterburner has looked for an update without finding anything. This if there is no error ofc.

Edit: the > was wrong, Keyboardfaeries are apparently rampaging this year!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  3. AHPD

AHPD Active Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6800 XT
    I would like to have a way to re-order how the sensors are displayed on the OSD.

4. Psychor

Psychor Member

GPU:
    pc.thedigitalfoundry.com
    OSD sensor reorder and rename support please. :thumbup:

5. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4080 frostbite
    You could add support to the P states for the 2d and voltage

6. Valagard

Valagard Guest

The ability to use custom video capture codecs.

This is the -ONLY- thing that prevents me from using MSI Afterburner and makes me use DXtory.

Afterburners capture quality is outright crap, using x264 codec I can capture video that's 100x the quality with far less then half the space MSI Afterburner video codec takes on its lowest quality setting.

Seriously, why can't we do this? Is it a programming hurdle etc? MPEG/MJPG capture is crap, its the only, repeat, only thing that holds me back from giving MSI afterburner the seal of approval

I mean, yeah, you compare MSI afterburner to FRAPS, this craps all over it, you compare MSI afterburner to DXtory and using x264 codec, DXtory is so far and above above it its scary.

EDIT: Why do I want custom codecs? I do video playthroughs for Youtube etc, and seriously, its a -NO BRAINER- when I need to capture two hours of footage and FRAPS/MSI Afterburner I need 600gigs+ to capture a hour of footage, or DXtory for the exact same quality I can capture with less then 40 gigs.

That and processing x264 is 4x faster then using FRAPS/MPEG encoded files when I'm encoding the video files.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  7. WerderFan

WerderFan Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD5770 OC
    I have read in this Thread that Afterburner now supports OSD video memory for ATI/AMD cards.
    I have Club3D HD5770 OC, but i cannot find in option for video memory in settings of Afterburner.

What´s the reason for that? Do I need a plugin or something like that?

Many thanks for help!:)

Werderfan

8. Silithas

Silithas Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SC 3GB sli
    The features i want to see in evga precicion is:
    the function to increase text size of OSD items
    Avi in filetype of the recorded files (mjpeg aint supported by sony vegas)

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

What's a nice request :)

1) It is not EVGA Precision forum
    2) There is OSD text size adjustment feature inside the OSD server
    3) AVI file type is the only one supported for video capture from the very beginning
    4) Lack of MJPG support in Sony Vegas is Sony Vegas issue and shoud be asked in Sony Vegas forum

10. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Hello people.

Would it be to spoiled to ask a generous soul with "skining" skill to modify just only the theme color of the "Default MSI Afterburner Skin"? I would like too much to have it in blue as it was in older versions.

Kind Regards and thanks in advance!

11. Dr. Krieger

Dr. Krieger Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB x 2
    Crossfire switching and fan speed detection

First off thanks for your work over the years. I've been using RivaTuner, D3DOverrider and Afterburner for as long as I can remember.

One thing that bothers me is having to restart Afterburner every time I switch back and forth from crossfire due to the fan speeds being lost. Is there a way you can have AB detect when someone has switched to crossfire and back and have it re-detect it so it can apply the corresponding fan speeds?

If I don't remember to restart AB when I've turned crossfire on the game I'm playing will eventually freeze up because the video cards are overheating; That can't be a good thing.

EDIT: I should mention that I have 2 x 30" monitors which I haven't been able to run off of one card. However I just realized that, since I got Dell to send me a display port cable, that I can run both monitors off of one card now and overcome this problem. But I seem to be noticing higher idle temps on GPU1... so I'm still sticking by my request.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  12. skyboyextreme

skyboyextreme Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970 Vapor-x 3GB
    please make afterburner support voltage adjustment in new AMD video cards that come with the "boost" mood feature , sapphire trixx add support for them in it's latest build v 4.0.4b , please consider thanks !

13. pasturepatty

pasturepatty Guest

GPU:
    ATI/6690m/2048 mb
    I use your hardware monitor all of the time , it is the best utility I have seen .
    the framerate graph helped me tweek my game settings, the framerate limiter keeps my laptop cooler, the GPU clock lets me Know if another program is lowering my clock speeds (youtube with hardware acceleration enabled, lowered my clock to 400 MHZ well opened)
    I love your utility , I must admit that I am also using Saphire Trix because they allow me higher overclocks.
    I would love to see a second hardware monitor graph that includes individual cpu core temps, turbo mhz , system memory usage , I would use this all of the time
    a second graph is needed because I dont like the monitor to have more than 5 items on it at a time even at full screen

14. Ozzy

Ozzy Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 560 Ti
    64bit support would be great.

15. nuno_p

nuno_p Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE\OC
    +1. 64bit support would be great.

16. Unwinder

Not expected in the nearest future.

17. Clean

Clean Guest

GPU:
    GTX690
    I use the detachable docking hardware monitor on my second screen. I keep an eye on mainly FPS, GPU usage temps and fan speed, as I have an SLI setup that uses a lot of space. Even with a second screen I run out of space when other applications are running and using numbers instead in the taskbar means nothing to me.

My proposal is to allow the user to be able overlay data. For instance I have two GPUs. I would like to lump the trace for Temp, Fan Speed and Usage all on the same graph. If each line is a different colour I believe that I would know at a glance which is which. The line does not have to be a constant colour either. It could run hot at the trace end and trail off cool (like a heartbeat monitor) on an aeroglass background.

I reckon this would look the shizzle and take up much less space but still provide useful information at a glance.

18. Ceterrec

Ceterrec Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX460 TOP 768 MB
    I would like to see support for Windows 8.

Overclocking seems to work but recording videos and making screenshots don't. EA Origin and Battlefield 1942 don't work but the new Need for Speed: Most Wanted does.

When you start Origin while MSI Afterburner is started it crashs. The solution is disabling the application detection of OSD Server, so the problem seems to be in the OSD Server.

What's working:
    - Overclocking
    - NFS: MW (2012)

What's broken:
    - Battlefield 1942
    - EA Origin
    - OSD Server (overlay, recording videos, making screenshots)

19. Unwinder

Nothing is broken. Search!

20. drSHLEFF

drSHLEFF Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD7870
    Applay settings after sleep

Apply settings after S3 sleep mode or Hibernation automatically!
    Otherwise, after awakening from sleep mode, if I forget to apply my settings with modified voltage manually, my video card crashes.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.