Borderlands 2 in 2012

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Aug 2, 2011.

1. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Sort of - they seem to have put more definition into the manufacturer types in this one than BL1. Here's my observation so far:
    Dahl - burst fire
    Maliwan - better elemental effects (chance and damage)
    Torgue - all bullets are explosive, but they travel slightly slower. If you find a Torgue minigun with decent rate of fire, you'll kill anything.
    Tediore - you know, the reload grenade thing. So much fun... I could throw reloads at Rakk all day.
    Bandit - otherwise crap weapon, but they come with DEEP magazines.
    Jacobs - extra damage, period. Their pistols and rifles come with semiautomatic fire, which I don't care for, so I basically only have Jacobs sniper rifles.
    Vladof - high rates of fire. I'll keep one if it's got decent damage, but otherwise, meh.
    Hyperion - the accuracy improves as you fire, so you need to make sure you find one with a decent magazine size. I avoided these for a while, but picked one up to try it out, and it does take a few shots, but they are wildly accurate once you get to the end of the magazine. If it reloads fast, the accuracy won't have to start over from scratch. This is why I don't use Hyperion sniper rifles - the accuracy needs to be there on the first shot, otherwise you have a lousy combat rifle. I think these weapons are the ones you're experiencing the sway on, as it's more noticeable on these, but go through a magazine and that sway should go away.

Magazine size can be increased with artifacts, class mods, badass points, or on your skill tree (or get a Bandit). I only kept (and lost, sadly) one Bandit weapon - a special with high damage, zoom, shock damage, and homing bullets. They were slow moving, but it was a good lazy sniper rifle.

Related - I am freaking loving this game. Anyone using the AMP shields? I have one with around +200 damage, and it's a pretty serious weapon buff that adds a fun gameplay dynamic... I have all my points set to shield recharge rate, and I get these AMP buffs maybe every second (if I'm not taking fire). Wait for the 'shield full' beep, and fire away!

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I had to start new game after i left my fireworks grenade lying on floor, so i got it re-activated now again.
    I looted Golden chest ten times at level 11, picked up a nice electro-shock cannon and an electro-shock grenade, i'll miss the other items too, but not as much as i missed my fireworks.

3. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Anyone know how cpu phyx on medium is on bulldozer? Im only asking as I need to upgrade my mb and was thinking of seeing how pikedriver is. And no I can't get intel as 8 serial ata slots isn't affordable and addon cards suck.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it's weird because i have no issues running this all maxed, with physics on high, even in combat heavy zones.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i couldnt resist and bought the game. darksiders 2 became repetitive anyway.

such good game and physx really added BONUS to this game.

just cant decide which class is good with pistols. i started with that SWORD guy. Zero? not bad but wish we can use sword more efficiently like it is a real weapon instead a melee thing.

playing with gamepad and HTPC setup.

i just want two things.
    1- weapons looks so big in hand . wish there is a way to ZOOM OUT in FPS view.just a littlebit.
    2- a third person view as in B1. via ini edit.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    according to steam you have played 40 minutes so far. the slowdowns began for me with a mission where you had to rescue a guy from prison. that was a few hours in.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Have you tried the same ini edit from b1 ? should work

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    alright stalker :) I've played more than 40 minutes, more like 2-3 hours, am level 16 atm. steam is weird, it says I've played 6 hours of Rift when I've played more like 200 ;) I'll keep you guys posted on the performance if i run into slowdowns.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The lowest performance with PhysX via CPU so far has been Frank's (Fred?) Slaughterhouse which is a human arena with five tiers and about five rounds in each before you succeed, later waves will see a lot of physx interactivity, went down to just above 20 FPS but such a amount of enemies is rare outside of multiplayer. (Or mods tweaking player count for offline usage.)
    (Or certain areas where there's a lot of environmental PhysX in use.)

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes stalker assasin that is :D

what resolution are you playing btw ?

wow level 16 2-3 hours ? lol it took me 21 hours to reach level 16.

what character are you playing ?

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ive also had drops down to 25fps being the lowest.
    was playing with a few guru3d people and that mission where you had to resque the guy from prison (before the robot gets him).
    well it looks awesome anyways

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    He is probably powerleveling which means joining a group of players who are much higher level than you,when they kill you get more exp,its a good way to make a second char once you have seen all of the game.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oh i see, didnt know that was in the game.

yeah im gonna go through the game with the assasin since i love the sniper rifles so much. still havent tried out any other characters lol

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    1080p. and yeah, what veteran said. ;)

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Some missions are tedious and boring, ie, that matchstick character sacrifice and the related sub-missions that have you running all over the place. Time for me to put the game down for a few days until I can rejuvenate my enthusiasm for it again.

16. TachiFoxy

TachiFoxy Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080S
    Am I mad/crazy for playing this at 30 FPS capped? I kind of enjoy that... Well, I also have it run at 2880x1620 so it looks gorgeous, especially on a 1080p-screen (via downsampling). Looks pretty nice if you ask me, even though I cannot use PhysX. It just won't run well with my old Core 2 Quad Q6700.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  18. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
  19. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    Indeed. I´ve played it for 2/3 hours max and was bored as hell.

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    actually I thought it would make it slower. in some games i played you get a negative.

tbh if someone lower level was getting a free ride i'd boot em and tell them to play the game like everyone else. but that's just me i guess...

am enjoying this so no rush...

p.s my adventure with physx on high is over. just couldnt get the heavy parts to run smooth.

my gut feeling is A)the game isnt well optimised to take advantage of a 2nd physx card B)I need a beefier gpu i.e a 780.

What will be interesting is when I use the 580 as a physx card with the 780 :)

hopefully i'll keep the waterblock on the 580 to passively cool it. should be enough i reckon n then stick the 780 on water....:3eyes: