Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    that would suck i spent $600 on mine and enjoy it allot :nerd:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I'd quit the game, but sadly I'm addicted to it.

When it's working fine I'm usually having a blast.

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    UPNP off in your router? Updated Punkbuster?

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hmm...no issues here..
    Did u test to open some ports in your router/firewall for the game? i needed that with bad company 2 also..
    also what are ur internet settings..

command:
    do that in teh command prompt and post it here..i might be able to help u out :)

Also, what router are u using?
    Is it up to date?
    Are u using an firewall?
    did u get messages why it did disconected? LOG files? in battlelog et cetc. is punkbuster up top date?

-BetA-

Edit:

it also might help to give ur PC a manual IP set that stays..like i have it..And like the poster above sayd, upnp disabled. also i have dhcp disabled, since i have set each IP from my devices manuall

5. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    UPNP Setting:
    [​IMG]

It was enabled by default on my computer until now. I don't know how to disable it on my router.

netsh int tcp show global:
    [​IMG]

Also, what router are u using? It's a Linksys BEFSR81
    Is it up to date? Not sure
    Are u using an firewall? Yes, for both router & on windows 7.
    did u get messages why it did disconected? LOG files? in battlelog et cetc. is punkbuster up top date? Yeah (I deleted the PB folder located in BF3 directory than downloaded the latest version from evenbalance and selected BF3 and clicked on update)

Game disconnected: Your connection to the server timed out.
    [​IMG]

Other times it's "lost connection to ea" or "something went wrong"

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    ok..looks liek we have some differences in our settings..
    Check if dhcp and such is also disabled in router, BUT make shure to give u an manual ip before..

like this here:

[​IMG]

might be different ip´s for your country or modem/router

so the router knows its ur PC..dunno if u have to set that up in ur router too..i didnt had to, but i added the mac adress so my router knows what pc is what..

here are my TCP settings..u might wanna try them out..i marked teh ones that are different from urs..with these settings i had less drop outs on sites..

[​IMG]

What firewall are u using?
    Do you also have problems connecting to ea.login site?

u shouldnt from what i see regards teh TCP settings..
    ECN needs to be DISABLED..its very very bad..with it on, i cant even login to EA.login..took me days to figure that out, after allmost killingh teh EA support haha..

EDIT:

does your ROUTER have LOG´s?
    do they say anything about connection lost?

also, i guess we can rule out Punkbuster since u would get an message that u where kicked by it..

i suspect the router and or the settings in it and around teh system area..

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have you tried resetting the TCP-IP Stack?

Open up command Prompt and type in the following

netsh int ip reset reset.log

netsh winsock reset catalog

Now restart your machine.

If your assigning static IP try using the Google DNS

Preferred 8.8.8.8
    Alternative 8.8.4.4

Your are connecting to net with Atheros Wireless PCI card correct?

I can't see what model it is, but have you tried getting the newest drivers for it?

What browser are you using to run the game? IE/Chrome/Firefox?

Try another browser.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    The one that's implemented in Windows 7.

No, I'm able to log in just fine. There's no issue web-surfing, just online games.

I don't know, to be honest I haven't messed around with router / network settings before. I just google "how to's" when I get stumped.

I had just downloaded BFBC2 & COD4, both have the same issue online as BF3. My ping, temps & FPS look fine until randomly it gets laggy for a minute than the game stops (characters running in place, sounds repeating yet I'm able to still roam around freely) It's almost as if someone shut the internet off for a second and the game crashes showing PB error message.

Whilst playing I had a friend surfing the web on another computer and looking at the modem to see if it shut off when I lost connection. He was still able to surf just fine and the modem didn't shut off.

Here's my net speeds.
    [​IMG]

As for the DHCP & UPNP settings, I have to change that for the router as well as in my PC settings?

It would be nice to get this fixed, I've had the ISP maintenance guys over here quite a few times without resolving this issue. They're usually here for an hour fidgeting with wires and typing stuff in their handhelds not really doing jack-****...

9. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    ^ Ok, just did that.

I'm using onboard LAN (the one off of the motherboard CD). As for the IP I don't know how to change it

Firefox (I've tried IE & Chrome before and it didn't change it, but I'll try them out again)

*EDIT*

Game still lost connection, I'll resume trying the fixes after a nap (currently exhausted from staying up all night raging over this sh%t.)

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Go to Device Manager and click on network adapters like I have here so I can see what model you have.

[​IMG]

This is how I set up my static IP for connecting to my router.

[​IMG]

Find out what your default values are by going to command prompt and typing

ipconfig /all

it will show your current values

Here is mine for reference, I have highlighted the important parts.

[​IMG]

Take what it shows there in the command prompt after typing ipconfig /all and manually type them in for your adapter, you can use the google dns server also like I have instead of the one your isp provider provides.

11. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    Guys, i wouldnt post ip information anywhere. it isnt the safest thing in the world to do.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    [​IMG]

I had done the following accordingly and I still lost connection.

*edit*
    DHCP is enabled on mine
    Also in the command prompt I have 3 DNS servers listed. They're not 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 (which I typed in the Internet Protocol v4 TCP.IPv4)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The problem is not BF3.

8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 is just Google's free DNS servers, anyone in the world can use them.

I can't come to any other conclusion other than your Service Provider could be the issue.

Have you tried playing BF3 or another game on a different computer on your internet at home to test if it's your PC that is the issue.

If it drops on another computer the problem is either the Router but unlikely seeing as you said it is a new one, The problem could be your Service Provider.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yup, I'm experiencing the same BS on the other computer with online games.

I guess my only alternative is to sign up to Century Link, the fastest I can get is 7Mbps DL...

If it's too slow for gaming I'll just buy a console and play Mario or whatever. *tries to contain self from punching hole in wall*

By the way, thanks guys for trying to help me sort this.

15. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    7mbps? i wish i could get that. I game on a 1meg line, that is considered "fast" in South Africa. It's not too bad, i still do alright in BF3.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You don't need more than that for multiplayer online games. As long as the line is steady (and maybe has enough upload for Teamspeak) you're fine.

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Make sure you turn avast off if your using it as it blocks bf3 from connecting to servers,even though i dont play the game i remember a friend having this problem and when he turned it off all was good.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Don't worry about it dude, it's just the ip between the pc and the router.. not the router to isp.

19. GMtm

GMtm Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB
    Same issues here with BFBC2 and BF3. Got around it by disabling the Windows Wireless Service and using the Wi-Fi connection management software supplied with the wireless card. I also changed the wireless channel to one that wasn't so heavily utilized.

20. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I don't have Avast installed or any programs running in the background when playing.

As for Century Link, a family member of mine has it. I'll see if I can haul my computer over there and try it out on some games before getting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.