Display problem with new his icqx 7850 on first boot of the day!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by docxxx, Sep 19, 2012.

1. docxxx

docxxx Guest

GPU:
    His 7850 icqx 2 gb
    Hello,
    i have bought my his 7850 icqx card 2 days ago..i was using 5770 before.and using catalyst 12.4
    i sold 5770 and bought new 7850 2 days ago..installed it

and my problem starts..its strange kind of problem...whenever i boot my pc for first time in day,it shows multy colored lines and dotted screen.
    no display just screen with colored dots..then i restart my pc and everything works fine....no problem in gaming also..all work well.

i must tell u,these happens only when i boot my pc first time in a day...like after rest of 10 hour..then in whole day it works fine.then i shutdown it ,go to sleep and when i boot again same thing happens..i have to restart it after 2 restart it works well..i know its kind of a strange problem but i m having it since last 2 days...don't know what to do...
    is my gpu faulty..?

my specs are
    Gigabyte mobo ga 880gm
    amd phenom 2- X4 965, 3.40 ghz
    his icq x 2 gb ddr5 7850
    windows 7 home preimium
    corsair thx 650 watt smps
    and at present using catalyst 12.8

please help guys...never had problem with my 5770....
    lots of thanks in advance.
    i m newbie to these stuff so please pardon my mistakes..and plz help

2. learners permit

learners permit Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt
    Motherboard bios is the latest revision? I see three different models of GA880GM with a quick google search specifically what motherboard and bios version do you have?

3. docxxx

docxxx Guest

GPU:
    His 7850 icqx 2 gb
    my mobo is GA-880GM-UD2H
    BIOS VER-F8
    BIOS DATE-10/11/2010
    do u think ther is prob with my mobo..? i tried uninstalling all amd driver with driver sweeper software..
    then installed catalyst 12.8
    again after 2 hour i booted my pc..same problem.colored doted screen immedietly i restart pc..and everything fine....
    is my gpu faulty?..dont havin problem in gaming though i just played for only 2 to 3 hour..but its annoying to restart every time..and if something wrong with gpu then i must replace it..plz plz help me

4. docxxx

docxxx Guest

GPU:
    His 7850 icqx 2 gb
    my mobo is GA-880GM-UD2H
    BIOS VER-F8
    BIOS DATE-10/11/2010
    do u think ther is prob with my mobo..? i tried uninstalling all amd driver with driver sweeper software..
    then installed catalyst 12.8
    again after 2 hour i booted my pc..same problem.colored doted screen immedietly i restart pc..and everything fine....
    is my gpu faulty?..dont havin problem in gaming though i just played for only 2 to 3 hour..but its annoying to restart every time..and if something wrong with gpu then i must replace it..plz plz help me

5. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    hard to tell, cant you replace it under warranty (of the store since it's only been a few days), or did you get the card from somewhere else?

6. docxxx

docxxx Guest

GPU:
    His 7850 icqx 2 gb
    yup..i had returned my gpu...they will replace it..and i will get my new gpu within 3 days..........:cheers:

great reilef..
    anyways thanx for ur advice guys.....

7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    not a relief until we see the new card working fine