The Quest For Dark Souls On PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Final8ty, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the aquaducts, that's where the rat is? If I follow the sewers... all the way down on the opposite end the door is shut. On the other end is the giant rat with a corpse dangling from the bars. But there is no merchant.

Am I in the right place?

2. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    to get to that place u need to go to the depths which are below undead burg..

to get there u need the basement key which is found at the undead perish just past the gate of the war hog mini boss.

the door u need to open is the one u saw when u 1 saw the drake on the bridge when u ran to evade the fire he breads(an awesome farm point for souls and humanity) the bonfire is very close so u can farm easy.

after u got the key open the door on the bridge(there is also a sun covenant npc which can be if u are not HOLLOW be summon to help u against the gargoyle boos).. after u opened the door u will go down on a staircase on to the street level now be careful because there u will find war hound that give bleed effect and assassin/rats that give poison effects.. walk slow because the assassins come in 2 waves of 3 along the way.. now the hard part:)

at the end of the road u will see the white light there is a dual wielding boss with 2 war hounds that will attack u as soon u got out the white light so put your shield up as soon as possible..

kill the hound as fast u can, then run to your left on the small staircase the boss will follow u, when he gets up u jump down he will do the same but because he is large he will stagger to regain his pose at that moment u can put 3 to 4 strikes on him and repeat the pattern. when he dies he will give u the depths key.. now when u walk out of the "place" on your left there is a staircase that u follow down again there a re 2 more sins one in plain site and one hiding behind a wall kill those 2 and go straight, u will come to 2 doors one on the left the other on the right take the left one 1 u will get in the waterway from the other side the merchant is there and if u run through the waterway u will get to the door u cant open from the fire link shrine side

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  3. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Yes, the gate is shut because you can only open it from the other side, you need to go through the lower Undead Burg to get to it and the merchant, as that gate is a shortcut. To get there, you need to unlock the door at the bridge in Undead Parish, the one where Hellkite (red dragon) defends. The key is somewhere in the parish if it turns out you never picked it up (you should have though).

Be careful down there though and make sure to go open that gate before fighting the boss so you don't have to go through the whole area again. I would advise against going to New Londo Ruins if you haven't done Anor Londo first, you'd be wasting your time if you don't have two specific items.

You will easily guess where you need to go after defeating the boss in the lower Undead Burg, that's all I will say though, good luck with him too, he's very easy once you understand how exactly you have to beat him, but for a first time player he will be a gigantic pain, expect many many deaths.

4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    read my post above :))

5. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Man, the 60fps patch is stunning. Its like night and day. It still drops to 30fps in some instances but so far its great.
    Im using it on top of dsfix with 1080p render,SSAO,Smaa ultra. Awesome stuff.

6. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Yeah hum, I kind of tried not to giveaway too much since it's his first time playing the game and I thouht he'd prefer to figure some things out for himself and that if he had too much trouble with capra he'd just ask for advices himself.

I really think just downright telling him how to deal with the area is actually kind of mean.

7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    so any walk-through on you tube is evil? :)

8. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    I agree, half the fun is finding out for yourself :)

9. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Nah, that isn't what I meant when I said that, I meant that maybe he wants to figure out certain things on his own and telling him exactly what's in the area and how to defeat a boss can spoil the surprise.

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    wait, surprise in dark soul good idea and notion :)

11. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    So, you cannot run the 60fps fix with a saved game from the normal (30 fps) right?

12. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Yep that's right. Something to do with GFWL being disabled I think.

13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I missed the alternative dragon/whatever the one in firelink is and the prepare to die only area on my play-through but I find very little incentive to go back and replay it now.. Dont find the pvp in any way attractive to justify replaying this to gain more levels.

14. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    the tomb of the giants is crazzy harddd...

15. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    can someone help me with the screenshoot features in the Dsfx?how to set it up and where is the folder?an example from a working ini file would be a big elp to me.thank you guys

16. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    ****, I just killed Andre by mistake. Pressed the wrong button. Now I'm screwed. There is no way I'm starting the game over again.

Is there any way I can resurrect Andre from the dead? Because if I can't max out my weapons past +5 then I might as well call it quits altogether.

17. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Sorry, you can't, but you can still upgrade a +5 weapon to a magic weapon with Rickert, the blacksmith in New Londo ruins, he's locked behind bars down the stairs near a hollowed laying down on the ground in the starting area of the place, close to the elevators basically. You can still make them into fire weapons as well, and those fire weapons can then be made into chaos weapons, but that blacksmith is hard to reach.

Alternatively, there are some unique weapons some enemies drop that can only be upgraded to +5 but are powerful enough that it doesn't matter, basically, all the weapons requiring twinking titanite max out at +5 and are strong enough to rival +15 weapons.

So in short; don't despair just because you've killed him, you have alternative to standard weapons, I'd recommend using the uniques, since magic weapons are kind of weak and mostly scale with intelligence.

18. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    It all depends on the playstyle..

(This ain't diablo 3, where your weapons/equipment gets obsolete after getting new ones..here every item is unique and can be used differently)

What most would do is, always use a weapon with maximum damage all the time and keep upgrading them. (same with the armor) <- This doesn't make sense in this game thou, because in Normal_Game/New_Game(NG) you can kill anything with any weapon* scaled to any level.

This game has bit of Roleplaying into it, so..roleplay :p. Also you can enchant normal weapons with buffs, via items, via magic and via faith (
    2 miracles).

Note: I always move around with Witch's cloak (coat), Dusk's head piece..with some random gloves and boots. ie..like this -> http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1136287278670576523/154C01670D429FE6663D554936B30D7E2822FCBE/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  19. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    How about a camera patch that brings the camera in a little......the camera moves out too far behind you.......also so you don't have the problem of things blocking your view....Its real anoying when you die because you can't see....

FROM
    [​IMG]
    TO
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  20. Wanny

Wanny Guest