Still waiting on those offical beta drivers amd!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Valagard, Sep 15, 2012.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Think what you want of my opinion....regardless it doesn't change the facts. Intel is only responsible for supporting their chipsets, processors and iGPU. They have no responsibility towards AMD's "switchable graphics"...nor NVidia's Optimus. The full extent of the manufacturers and AMD is to ensure the technology works as described when the product is shipped. Whether games run properly or not, legally isn't their responsibility as they don't design the games. You're expecting them to support a product (games) that they have no obligation to.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    "The full extent of the manufacturers and AMD is to ensure the technology works as described when the product is shipped."

It doesn't in many cases. I mentioned nothing about game support. The switchable technology itself is hobbled for a lot of folks unless one spends hours updating BIOS (modded) and modded drivers. I'm going to quit beating this to death. :bang:

Thanks for at least giving your input.

3. Valagard

Valagard Guest

So by your very statement, I can make a class action lawsuit against AMD because their chips rarely work on launch, or Intel with Sandy/Ivy bridge, where their built in GPU they haven't had functional drivers -ONCE- yet.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah thats what those manufacturers chose to do, so you can't blame AMD for that :)

Same goes for Nvidia, its just inevitable with everyone not running the exact same PC, we've all got different cards, motherboards, Ram, CPU's etc... etc... :)

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Good luck with that lawsuit.
    AMD (or Nvidia) aren't required to release driver updates to improve performance. The only time I would think they are actually required (or should anyway) is when a driver prevents the product (game) from working at all. You have graphical glitches? Sorry about your bad luck.

Like sykozis said, 15 years ago you got the driver that came on the CD. Now everyone thinks they are entitled to new drivers and AMD/Nvidia "owe" it to their customers to release updates that rarely do anything. I see people bitch and moan that a new driver broke an old DX7 game. Who f-ing cares?

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

And then there are different manufacturers of said GPU's, different VBIOS's, different implementations of technology on the card and VBIOS itself, different quality of chips, some people overclocking their GPU's and then complaining of artifacts, etc...

7. Norezar

Norezar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB
    Releasing beta drivers to us with nothing better to do = beta testing.

8. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Then you should check again. AMD will be providing support for switchable graphics just like desktop GPUs. It's called unified drivers for a reason.

And of course they should, Windows 8 prohibits fixed switching anyway, so AMD has to get on the ball. Good for us and I look forward to these releases.

9. headkase

headkase Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 380 4GB Nitro
    Catalyst Creator on Twitter brings word to expect Catalyst 12.9 beta next week:

Here

That twitter account is practically the only source of news for what's going on with AMD drivers.

10. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    it is? http://www.anandtech.com/show/6243/amds-enduro-switchable-graphics-levels-up/3

dont people see how messy things get before a big launch? march/april before trinity, october-december before GCN/profiles feature

but it looks like we're almost there, sudden rush of leaks, these enduro 5.5 slides, the 55.blb that appeared a few months ago, trinity desktop, win8, the 9.00 branch that first showed up in june...