Best Android Apps?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by sdamaged99, Apr 1, 2012.

1. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    OK, as we know the Android store can be a bit hit and miss. If anyone knows any excellent apps, paid or free, please list them here

I'm looking for some good ones for my transformer prime

Cheers

2. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I just recently bought overskreen for my tablet and I love it. Its a browser that lets you run it in windowed mode and you can resize them and move them wherever. You can also have as many open as you want. For multi-tasking its friggin awesome. Especially for college. Its $2 but I think its worth it.

If you use facebook alot, then I would recommend facedroid ($1) as its made for tablets and a much cleaner interface that the facebook for android stock app.

Swiftkey X Tablet is awesome when/if you are not using the docking station. Its a little pricey but worth it imho.

Dropbox is a must (free cloud storage that syncs with all your devices, phones, tablets, computer and you can share folders with others).

Evernote is awesome for anything notes and can share folders as well.

I use kingsoft office for school but im sure yours came with polaris office.

If you dont already have it pre-installed, get the tegrazone app for all the greatest tegra optimized games.

The amazon app store is a pretty nice suplement to the google play store.

Airdroid is great for getting stuff off your phone and tablet. It starts a mini "server" on your phone/tablet and you just type in the ip adress it gives you in your computer web browser with a passkey (changes everytime) and it opens like a little OS in your webbrowser that you can transfer all your stuff to and from your computer instead of having to plug it in to your computer. Thats a terrible explanation but just get it and try it. Its free!

Splashtop is a really nice remote desktop app. I know the prime has a thd version of it that lets you stream high end games right to your tablet. Im using the HD version and as long as you have a good wifi connection, it dosent matter where you are, you can control your computer on your tablet pretty damn nicely. I went to my moms house and tried playing a 13 gig blu-ray rip and it streamed perfectly. Pretty cool. Its a little pricey at around $10 but its worth it if you need access to your desktop frequently as I do. This for me has made owning a tablet alot more worth it.

I have found the best email app to be the gmail client that comes with it. Just pipe the rest of your email from other services like hotmail to it and your golden.

If you have a wireless printer at home, get an app for the brand you have. I have a hp printer and i have the HP ePrint Home&Biz app and I can print from anywhere. I can even be at school and print something at home. Most printer companies have an app or you can buy an app for a buck or two that supports a crap ton of printer devices so you can print on any printer thats in the area. Depends on what you need.

Beautiful Widgets is a must if you love widgets. Its only $2 I think.

Now for Games!!! Gameloft has quite a few games that are pretty killer. They tend to support iOS devices way more than android unfortunately. and you have to buy the games from their website which is kinda annoying. but some of the games really are worth it.

Good Gameloft games:
    Dungeon Hunter 2- If you love Diablo type games, this game is awesome! Pretty good graphics for a tablet and just alot of fun.
    Asphalt 6- Sweet if you like racing games
    N.O.V.A. 2- Basically Halo on your tablet. Fps awesome and pretty decent controls too.
    There are a bunch more high end titles that I havent tried. Their games are usually 4-7 bucks but the quality is really good.

Tegra games that are awesome:
    Samurai II Vengence is pretty awesome. Nothing cooler than slicing people in half haha. Not as cool as chainsawing someone in gears of war but it will still make you smile.
    Shadowgun is just like gears of war. 3rd person shooter that has a tegra 3 optimized version thats pretty sweet. Really fun game.
    Meltdown on mars is an interesting take on tower defense games. just watch a video to see about that one. it seems to be a love it or hate it game.
    Dungeon Defenders: The second wave is the same game thats on the xbox. Another spin on tower defense and it looks suprisingly good on the tablet although personally I hate the controls.
    GTA III is a pretty damn good port for the tablet.
    Zen Pinball is a must if you like pinball. I friggin love that game. So much fun. The first table is free and the others are $2 each.

For other games:
    If you are into rpgs, almost any game from gamevil is good. All the zenonia games are awesome, Illusia is great and there are a few others
    Battleheart is a great little rpg for killing time. Its only a couple bucks too but check it out.
    Little Empire is a strategy based empire builder that is a location based mmo.

Air Attack HD is a top down airplane game kinda like raiden. Pretty fun.

Good puzzle type games are:
    World of Goo
    Cogs
    Osmos HD

honorable mention goes to Sentinel 3: Homeworld. Its a tower defense game that I think is the best one ive played. Im just getting so sick of tower games lol.

I hope I didnt overload you there but all these will make for one hell of a tablet experience lol. Cheers!

3. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
  4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Dungeon hunter 3 is out now too :) zenonia 4 as well.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Here are the main apps (not part of Android) I use on my phone and tablet, round brackets denote where I use it:
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • ICS Browser+ (tablet only)
    • Trillian (phone only)
    • IM+ Pro (tablet only)
    • WhatsApp (phone only)
    • Google Docs
    • Amazon Kindle (tablet only)
    • Google Books (tablet only)
    • ezPDF Reader (tablet only)
    • Fruit Ninja (phone only)
    • World of Goo (tablet only)
    • PowerAMP (phone only)
    • PlayerPro (tablet only)
    • OpenSignal Maps (phone only)
    • 3G Watchdog (phone only)

That's about it, the rest I just use on occasion.

deltatux

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Here are my top apps, most are rated at 4.6/5 or higher, so no bull$hit.

Main apps:

MX Video Player Pro - One of the best movie players in the market, even allows subtitles. Plays anything you throw at it without a lag.
    MixZing Pro Music Player - A brilliant music player having an excellent equalizer that actually works...
    Home Launcher - A handy app to those of you having multiple home screens. A quick way to go from one home screen to another.
    Audio Manager - Handy to quickly alter your sound whether it be system sound, media, alarm, etc.
    Brightness Level - Another quick way to reduce or increase brightness with one touch.
    NoLED - Handy for those phones who don't have an LED notifier. Instead you get them on your screen. Very customizable. Your able to change colours, sizes, etc.
    Ultimate StopWatch - Good when you need it.
    Equalizer - This is the perfect app for movie/music lovers. It truly increases sound levels without distortion. Not only does it increase sound but even improves it!
    Battery Widget - Useful app in which you can fully customize & display in your home screen.
    Spare Parts+ - This is an app to alter your homescreen behaviour. You can change scrolling speed, transitions, effects, etc...
    BeWeather Pro - One of my favourite weather apps. Easy to use, accurate & is graphically stunning. A joy to use.
    SwiftKey Tablet X - My personal favourite sms app. It's fully customizable in every possible way and easy to use.
    RealCalculator - A good scientific calculator which can easily replace any other scientific calculator.
    Skype - We all know what this is good for, communicating with friends & family who are usually abroad!
    Yahoo - Once again, good for communication.
    Msn - Communication & chatting again.

Gaming apps:

Angry Birds (All)
    Hungry Sharks (All)
    GTA III
    Glow Hockey
    Reckless Racing
    Virtual Tennis 3D
    Castle Pinball
    Falling Fred
    Checkers
    Fruit Ninja
    Run Run Bear

7. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    These are my most used.

Easy Task Killer
    GameBoy Colour emulator (love pokemon)
    Google Goggles (i'm new to android)

8. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Also worth noting that some vary by Android version, for example, 3G Watchdog mentioned by deltatux is a really useful App, the same thing is now built into ICS by default so not needed if you have that.

9. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  10. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    The Steam App is quite good

11. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    To add for others.....

A lot of my friends in Europe are using "Viber"

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Whatsapp is really good. more people use that than viber, partly because it's available on more platforms.

13. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    True but for Wi-fi international calling it really does the job. Though i suppose Skype is similar in that aspect.

14. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Voxer is a similar type thing all free walkie-talkie esque app

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    i see some one played it on tablet

16. Schwarz621

Schwarz621 Guest

GPU:
    4GB
    Android has a lot of Apps but i like most angry bird Apps.It gives me a lot of pleasure.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  18. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    "Never rub another man's rhubarb. Ha ha ha."

19. Schwarz621

Schwarz621 Guest

GPU: