Max Frames To Rende Ahead = 0

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by marcosamerio, Sep 5, 2012.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  2. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    We had some discussion here on G3D in topic named "Truth about pre rendered frames" or something like that, you can see quite an interesting results there for different configs. combos etc. and also dif. drivers, software etc. If you are interested, you can read it ;).

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yes i seen it, i made a post about the Arkham City 'one frame thread lag' setting, now i'm wondering if these are two different things (they'll be the same for sure now i take a minute to think).
    I've been setting mine to 'use 3D app setting' thinking that would be the least laggy ( i used to set it to 0), but it seems i'm looking for the '1' for my purposes, yes it's more demanding on system but it has the least lag, so it would seem from the link above ( i recognize the OP's name too).
    Wow! i gotta try sleeping dogs now with it set to '1', but sure all these things interest me, i'm a 1080 v synced @60fps man so i like it as snappy as can be (one reason i don't like nvidia boost but that can be sorted, just hope they don't go much further down the road they've started on with the 600 series.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  4. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Oh, sorry, i overrun sometimes over names etc. Well, at the end, before driver version 300 (that's all i know/tested), driver default was 3, or in some cases maybe to "application settings". Now maybe it is different, since 0 is removed from support.

For nVidia, i had high hopes few years ago that thing are changed (on driver function level), but it is not. If they do actually read what people write on forums (even nv forums) etc. they would consider to change old types if not to expensive, and if is possible, maybe 600 series is just a start point. So for next generation, they had to write completley different drivers that would be non working on older generations (if older are not packed separately, and that would increase driver size). For now, all things are good on nv side, thing that should be changed is 2D performance (and acuracy), and lag, some stutter problems also, but i think when they change drivers/arch. all those problems should be fixed with some clever but simple creation.

5. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Why do you even talk about gaming when you apparently know nothing about it at a competive level. As per usual you are talking out of your hole with poorly thought out arguments and a possible tech knowledge.

I don´t know why you remotely consider yourself so good at this, but maybe you should study and think about what Schroedingers cat means.

6. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Member

GPU:
    MSI 290X Lightning
    You are missing the point, clearly.

7. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    General question to all, the new brand of driver 3xx, if i leave choose "Use 3d aplicaton

level" on "Max Frames To Render Ahead"

1)- ¿What value take at default?

2)- If i leave "Max Frames To Render Ahead" to "Use 3d aplicaton level" and use

Inpector and force to take a value of 0, ¿it will apply correctly?

Bye all

8. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    1. It was 3 for D3D, ad as far as i know, they didn't changed that on driver version 3xx.xx

2. Nvidia Inspector is basically same as nvidia control panel, but only with beter interface (tho, it is personal opinion), so, any change in Inspector will change your settings in control panel.

Forcing in Inspector to 0 will change nothing, since that option is removed on driver level.

9. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Thanks tweakpower for the reply

Bye