306.02-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hanschke, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Fiatsu

Fiatsu Guest

GPU:
    GTX 590

It's been fine for months.
    I've had the card for nearly a year now and only once before did i have a similar issue.
    290 era drivers i had driver crashes and open gl timeouts or w/e it is constantly.
    But it always recovered and when i installed the next version all was fine until now.

From 304 to 306 and well i can't play any game or use photoshop safely, i have to save while working constantly to not loose info from random crashes or timeouts whichever it is.

Kinda rules out hardware side as the only change has been the drivers.
    It's been torturing me all week and i'm at my limit.

2. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    try cleaning fans and heatsink then up fan speed, just done mine it helps alot, i clean mine every 2-3 months...your bottom card reached 97 ...:eek:c:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    A 590 needs a higher power PSU than that bro. It may not be your problem now, but it can/and most probably will surface problems in the future.

Underpowering your card can damage them as well as overvolting.

Just because it's been fine for a few weeks, doesn't mean something can happen later. Of course its not wished to happen, but it's a warning about you needing a new PSU.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  4. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    If you've ruled out hardware, then I think you know what to do. Roll back to the only drivers that worked, and stay there forever. Either that, or continue to troubleshoot hardware, where the problem might still reside.

5. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Fans are clean I was running fans at 100% !!
    I decided to go back to 301.42 temps went back to normal..

Btw downloaded the drivers from evga website since my cards are from evga
    which gave me those bad temps however I did see an fps increase was hitting around 423fps in some places and once i reverted back to 301.42 lost around 100fps but temps were much lower.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    A long few days for the officials :p

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    heh. no sh!t :nerd:

8. Improv

Improv Guest

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    Nvidia time:

A few days = A week or more
    Soon = A month or more
    Next week = The week after or the week after that
    A month from now = 2 months from now. Heck maybe even 3

PS: Anyone who says they can't notice the difference between 30 and 60 FPS while playing a game with a mouse is just lying. Especially when it's an FPS game.

A controller it's fine for the most part but a mouse? Talk about sluggish movement. The difference is night and day. FPS games are unplayable at 30 frames with a mouse.

9. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    heh yeah was waiting for officials as well but never showed. These will prolly be the WHQLs just re-branded. :3eyes:

10. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    I don't agree at all.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  12. robolee

robolee Member

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX 570 4GB
    423fps? no wonder temp shoot up high. If i were you, i will set 60 fps limit on msi afterburner if my monitor only support 60hz and so forth for 120hz.

13. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    Hey guys. Been eyeing this driver for the last few days, however i never got around to install it yet. I'm mostly playing Diablo 3 with a 2560x1440 res, is it good for this game ? I am currently with the 305.53 and so far i have no issues. Thanks for the time and feedback guys.

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I somehow doubt that. An i7 930(Especially if Overclocked to 4GHz) is not a weak CPU and should certainly be enough for a 590. Also consider that X58 platform has 40 PCI-E 2.0 Lanes. So it certainly won't be cockblocked by limited lanes .

Look at the 950(Which is the same as the 930 except higher clock speed) clocked to 4.2Ghz and 7.18 GT/s QPI
    http://min.us/mdnee92Nt/1 Benchmarked using the latest ver of AIDA64 (While it's not the fastest and it's low rated in AES. It's still one of the fastest and is frequently the 2nd fastest 4 core CPU on the list)

And look at this

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-590-review/10 (Review of it using a 965)
    And then
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-590-dual-gf110-radeon-hd-6990,2898-4.html Running a 990X @4GHz @6.4 GT/S QPI

The common games (Such as BFBC2) results are very similar @2560x1600.(Difference can be seen from the fact Toms used the opening for a bench. And 3DGuru used the level "Upriver"

So I think a 930 should be plenty enough for a 590

If anything judging by his specs(whether it's up to date) it could be a PSU problem.

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Ummm...what...are you talking about??? I said PSU...

EDIT...

Wow I did say CPU, HAH! Totally meant PSU! Go go posting when half asleep.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I have a 930 clocked at 4.4 fully stable,my cards are not bottlenecked as im getting same scores as people with cpu's at 5ghz.

4ghz and above is more than enough.

17. Hu1kamania

Hu1kamania Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT 256
    AO has been disabled via nvidia control panel, and confirmed with nvidia inspector but flickering still occurs with SLi.

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    haha yeah, I mentioned in my post it could be a PSU problem. Because some "Piece of ****" 500Watt surely would not be able to support a 590 with longevity!

19. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    No need to upgrade if you don't have issues. I don't experience any problems with D3 and this driver though.

20. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    the fan may be clean, but the heatsink under it could have a layer of dust blocking it.....just a thought....case ventilation needs to be very good and even, if you have sli...!:)! sli the cards sit sooo close together they cant breath properly .......bad design:wanker: one trys to cool it self with heat from the other card and they and up REALLY hot.....try removing one to see the temp difference that will knock 20c-30c off

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012