this place seems to be my last hope...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Surebrec, Aug 29, 2012.

1. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
  2. Surebrec

Surebrec Guest

GPU:
    2GB ATI Radeon HD 5970
    I'm not sure I understand that, but I read through it and tried to replicate it as best as I could make out, but it didn't work

3. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    hmmm boyyy... U Badly need a Technician. . . :thumbup:

4. Surebrec

Surebrec Guest

GPU:
    2GB ATI Radeon HD 5970
    I'm not computer illiterate. I know enough about computers, but what I do know is from personal experience. seeing as I have never really had to deal with this sort of thing before, I don't know how to address it.

5. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    The CAP is meant to disable CFX for your card but it isn't working. Download Radeon Pro and create a profile for F1 2011, then manually disable crossfire as shown in this picture . You may have to select "Force aggressive API detection".

6. Surebrec

Surebrec Guest

GPU:
    2GB ATI Radeon HD 5970
    I've already tried radeon pro

7. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I've had this problem with F1 2011 and I managed to fix it, but I forget exactly what did it. Bear with me.

8. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Can you use Radeon Pro and set >Advanced >"Texture Filtering Quality"> to "Performance".

Make sure "Force aggressive API detection level" is checked under "Tweaks".

9. Surebrec

Surebrec Guest

GPU:
    2GB ATI Radeon HD 5970
    just tried that, didn't make any noticable difference, still getting frame rates that are averaging well below 30fps.

10. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    - Can you delete the profile within Radeon pro, then make sure Radeon Pro is only detecting API for known programs (or uninstall it if you don't use it).

- Then set the filtering level in Catalyst CC to Performance (AKA Catalyst AI - off). Preferably, if you can, create a new profile for F1 2011 from within CCC and disable Catalyst AI specifically for the game .exe.

- Remove all compatibility options.

- Put these files into the root directory and set them to read-only. (This might not work because I'm not at home and can't check the exact file names, but try it anyway. You may get a BSOD after launching the game, but don't panic, just remove them when you reboot).

- Try running the game in windowed mode and see what happens regarding FPS.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012

11. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Did you catch my post about running it in XP compatibility mode? I can now actually get a solid 60fps in DX11 (!!) with decent GPU utilisation across all my cards. I think I just used the AFR-Friendly D3D profile in RadeonPro to get it working fine.

12. Belz

Belz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5870 1GB
    Wow wow, hold your horses!
    That screenshot from Gpu-z clearly shows low clock after exiting the game.
    There's no problem with his clockspeed...

Things i'd try / look for:

- In Catalyst A.I: disable crossfire (you can do this for single card dual gpus too)
    - After running the game, check cpu-z if pci-e linkwidth is at 16x and not a 1x (this can happen for many reasons, including a badly seated card, power connector, oc / bios glitch...)

13. Surebrec

Surebrec Guest

GPU:
    2GB ATI Radeon HD 5970
    tried all those things (apart from the drivers) to the best of my ability, didn't seem to fix it.

yes I did, it didn't work, if anything, it made the frame rate drop even more.

14. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Are there two selections in the drop down menu in GPUZ? Like this:

[​IMG]

If yes, launch two instances of GPUZ and select the top GPU in one instance and the bottom in the other, then have them both run in the background while you play the game for a bit. This will tell you if crossfire is being disabled correctly.

15. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Errrr...4870x2 is DX10.1, So it's DX9 for F1 2011 only for me. I don't have DX11. Still X-Fire has to be off for this game or it drags like a bitch below 30FPS. Changing the gfx settings seems to have no or little effect on this either.

I tried using the Racedriver grid, Dirt, and F1 2010 profiles all to no avail. Worse FPS.

It's just crappy game coding...

If you use the tip above about multiple GPU-Z windows for both cards it will show using the profile, that it has negative scaling below 50% for both GPU's. Well at least it does in my case. I don't run the profile, just disable one GPU from being used, and it's back above 30fps, approaching 50fps on ultra. You could always give the 11.9's with 11.9 CAP 4's a go, the first driver/cap in support of the game.

16. Surebrec

Surebrec Guest

GPU:
    2GB ATI Radeon HD 5970
    [​IMG]

17. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    In the Windows 7 search box type "Device Manager" and open it. Under "Display adapters" there will be two GPUs. Right-click on one of them and select Disable. Then check your FPS.

18. Surebrec

Surebrec Guest

GPU:
    2GB ATI Radeon HD 5970
    disabling either of them makes the screen lose its default resolution, as well as aero effect, effectively giving the same appearance as if there were no drivers installed at all.

also, when trying to run the game with one disabled results in it not succeeding, but instead I get a warning box saying no AMD drivers are installed.

19. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    And if you right-click and choose update driver? But this is just a work around. For some reason your drivers are not disabling crossfire for this game. Uninstall them and try 11.9, but don't install the CAP.

Or you can try to take the following extracted files from (11.9) c:\AMD\... and place them in the F1 2011 executable directory: aticfx32.dll, atidxx32.dll and atiumdag.dll. You'll have to rename the files from *.dl_ to *.dll.

20. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    No you won't they need expanding from a cmd prompt, they are cab files, simply renaming them won't change that fact.

C:\MyWorkingDirectory\Expand atiumdag.dl_ atiumdag.dll etc.

Then they can be supplemented into the game folder. Renaming them won't achieve a thing...

The best way to kill a gpu on a multigpu card like 5970, 4870x2 which is hard since crossfire is always enabled is by making a user profile for the game with crossfire mode > disabled and also disabling Catalyst AI in the profile. Or changing the game exe name to ForceSingleGPU.exe. Shouldn't really have to be fooling around with device manager disabling things to do it...