How to buy my 1st dslr camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Tranceholic, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    What to look for? i'm using it for personal entertainment, looking for good graphic quality at affordable price.

are these good?
    Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP
    Canon EOS 60D 18 MP

is the dslr usually require separate len?

sorry noob here, just tired of taking photos with my camera phone :stewpid: :bang:

2. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You cant go wrong with any of the top brands like Canon and Nikon.
    The lens is usually seperate, but some do come with a kit lens.
    This is usually a zoom of some sort like a 18-55mm.
    This is a great for a walk around lens, but you will soon see its limitations.

When buying a camera, you are really buying/investing into a lens choice.
    What this means is that you will change your camera from time to time, but you dont need to change your lens (its not like a PC where you need to buy a better graphics card to go with your new upto date motherboard etc).
    If you go for Canon for instance, then all the Canon fit lenses will fit all the old (to an extent), new and future cameras (crop sensor only). Its the same with Nikon too.

The 2 your have listen are both great cameras.

3. Rudlin

Rudlin Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Try also considering Sony Alpha 57. I've chosen this camera over canon and nikon counterparts. Eagerly awaiting for it to arrive on Friday.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  4. saud1

saud1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    yeah baby nice topic :D anyways
    for the past few months photography's been shadowing on my heart!

tranceholic since u may be a beginner in PRO-Photography and you using it for personal entertainment so i would recommend u going with Canon T3i 18MP y? because its more user-friendly, easy to learn.... 60d is more advanced and i don't think u'll be playing with its advanced features in the beginning

you can get T3i either with the kit lens or without....i'd suggest go with the kit lens its cheaper and will easily satisfy ur needs....DSLRs don't work without the lens obviously :p

i myself was looking for Canon T3i but as im tight on budget I'll go with Canon Powershot SX260 HS compact camera!

When u glance @ ur first shots you'll be mind-blown by the image quality DSLR produces....mobile phone cameras r just there for fun!

there's so much in photography man just close ur eyes and go for it! don't wait a second i guarantee u won't regret

im just so excited im going for the camera todayyyyyyy:banana::banana: been awake the whole night waitin for the shops to open :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I wanna buy the Nikon D800 36Mp but I cannot afford it at the moment. :(

It's 14000 AED over here in Dubai which is around $3000...

6. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    Go for the T3i,I have bought my first DSLR a month ago and I really enjoy using it.I bought the Eos 550D(T2i) with a kit 18-55,70-300 lenses.Try to grab a kit which usually comes with a lower price than the separate body+lenses way.
    The Eos(Rebel) models are great entry levels.

7. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
  8. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    hell yeah i got a deal of the same lens/camera... the telephoto is great for viewing your naked neighbor up close from far away, oooops i mean bird watching.

9. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    Is this reply directed towards me? then heck yeah! i have a cute neighbor i wanna see also :D

10. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    yes be sure to play around with manual focus because auto focus sucks :wanker:

11. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
  12. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    lol

Price: $13,899.00 :puke2: