Geforce 305.68 - Modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by atimaniac, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Kurg

Kurg Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II
    Placebo effect, are exatly the same.

2. Carlos_ring

Carlos_ring Guest

For me, the performance of Extreme G is about 10fps better without program or 3d settings changes.

But i think that the image quality is not as good as original 305.67. Something is worse, but i have no pics to decide what the difference is.

3. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    LOL! I'm not falling for that trap. I'm too busy playing games to take screen shots and have a image quality shoot out. :biggun:

4. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    For me performance/IQ is the same with WHQLs, betas, Quadros, XtremeGs, etc.

I've tried comparisons between same branch driver versions (ie, quadro vs whql, or whql vs xgs) and between different branch driver versions. At most what I've seen is very slight differences in shadows for example (back in 18x.xx series) but its just a little difference, not "better" IQ nor "worse" IQ.

I still used XGs cuz they came out quickly, they weighted less (i couldn't care less for Physix) and they had a nice uninstaller for the files. Nowadays they take a week after driver release or so to have an XG'd version so I don't use them anymore.

Respect to those people who put effort into repackaging drivers and such, but I don't think that you can achieve big differences unless you happen to have the source code for the compiler that takes shader code and outputs GPU machine code (or you happen to discover some misplaced value in the config, which is clearly a bug, and you fix it or something) but I haven't seen driver modders who actually know much about GPUs nor programming for GPUs (ARB, HLSL, GLSL, etc), so in my eyes they don't have lots of credibility.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Haven't tried these yet and personally don't see much reason to. But I would like to add that I'd LOVE modded drivers that were trying to reduce input lag as much as possible.

6. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    For the most part all it takes is limiting fps or reducing GPU usage.

7. Doesn't work for Win8 x64 for me.

8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I hope you are not surprised by that ;) There are always things that new versions of Windows will break.

9. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    you need to disable driver signing enforcement they work fine.

10. ghost_one

ghost_one Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    the first link doesnt work for me , should i download the extreme mod win 7 ones ? ( second link ) /

will they work on Win 8 ? ( with the signature disable thing )

11. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
  12. Warboy

Warboy Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 2080 Ti
    I'm using these and My GTX680 isn't boosting while playing Sleeping Dogs, anyone else have this issue? so my card is only running at 1006mhz

13. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    My card boosts when I play sleeping dogs with this driver.