Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by NiukNiuk, Apr 27, 2010.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  2. PerfectLifeform

PerfectLifeform Member Guru

GPU:
    4Gb 680GTX SLi 1200 Mhz
    i just dont see the hype behind this game.. i hope it does well but once the novelty wears off it will have very little staying power IMO. they changed way to much from the original GW and it doesn't feel the same. Ill wait for lineage or blade and soul, or even Arch age online..

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hmmm, well. you buy gems with real money which you can then spend on items. but those items are purely cosmetic and they will not give you an advantage in game. HERE is a list of things you can buy.

4. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    So you are comparing GUILD WARS 2 to those 3 weak games? If you compared Aion to them that would be fair, but GW2 is too good for them, really.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm glad ANet decided to change the game up. I doubt I would have bought it if it remained the same. The only thing i miss from the first game is the skill system. The other stuff i'm pretty sure i'll get use to sooner or later.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  6. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    I could live with that list. Only the xp ones bother me. I know gw's is supposed to be sorta anti grind. But with a lvl 50 cap some people will surely use those a lot getting up to higher levels faster giving an advantage. Especially when the game is new. The people who rise up to high levels early, get to sell high level items that are rare because the game is new.

Some of the crafting ones are a bit edgy but not to bad.

Overall though I'd say it's acceptable.

7. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Did they get rid of the "builds" system? Where you had to pick 8 skills and stick with them the entire map?

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    the level cap is 80. but I see what your saying.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    you have a set build for your weapons. But you can pick and choose myour slot skills.

Let me clarify that.

Weapon skills:

The first five slots (left of the health globe) are weapon skills. These skills are predetermined by the character's profession and the weapon(s) equipped: for each weapon, there are a different set of skills for each profession; for a given profession, changing the weapon changes the skill set. For example, a ranger wielding two axes will have a different set of weapon skills than a warrior with two axes; a mesmer with a staff will have different skills than one wielding a greatsword.

The skills are arranged as follow:

The main-hand weapon determines the first three weapon skills.

The off-hand weapon determines the last two weapon skills.

Two-handed weapons determine all weapon skills.

Environmental weapons determine up to five weapon skills skills, and
    temporarily replace all weapon skills originally equipped.

The thief's third weapon skill is determined by the combination of main-hand and off-hand weapons equipped (see dual wield skill) with the exception of shortbow, which is a two-handed weapon.

The engineer's device- and weapon kits change weapon skills according to the kit equipped.

Transforms change the first five skills while disabling the slot skills.

Weapon skills are acquired through proficiency, i.e. by using the weapon in combat. Each new slot takes progressively longer to unlock, e.g. characters need more practice to unlock the third than the second slot.

Slot skills:

The last five skills (to the right of the health globe) are slot skills. These are chosen by the player from a pool of skills determined by their character's profession and race. The first of these skills is a dedicated healing skill, the middle three are utility skills, and the last one is an elite skill.

In PvE, the utility and elite skill slots are initially locked and unlock as the character progresses through the game. The utility slots unlock at levels 5, 10 and 20. The elite slot unlocks at level 30. New slot skills can be learned by spending skill points which are acquired by succeeding in challenges.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skill_bar

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, but look, good players with a lot of free time will get there before me, that's for sure. Like in D3, where some people hit inferno ridiculously quick, it took me personally 10 times longer or so. So again in GW2, there will be people who hit 80 faster than others, but that doesn't matter anyway.

11. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
  12. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Good explanation. I really liked the build system the way it was. It was something that you could always do, go to some area and try to figure out new clever builds for an area. The mystery in that was exciting. And the entire game was made so that area's had certain strengths and weaknesses, so it was never the same build for every one.

Are the utility slots now like a mini build system? Can you change a skill on your bar mid mission?

WTF I was about to buy it and now guildwars2 DIGITAL download is sold out on there own website how lame...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  13. xtr3menubi

xtr3menubi Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460
    Hi everyone.. this may not be the right place to post this, but I am very new to Guildwars2, heard a lot of great things, so decided to purchase this game. I have played MMO games before, but this is different and seems that there is a lot of focus on being in a "Guild". I am currently not in one and would like to join as that looks like an ideal way to play based on what I have read. I am not sure where to begin as there seem to be too many of them! Any suggestions?? Is there a guild for guru3d members perhaps?? Thanks in advance for feedback. I appreciate it.

14. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Don't know about guru3d but when the game starts people will be spamming in towns about their guild that they want you to join. You don't need to be in a guild to play this game. Many people do not join a guild. In fact you don't even have to join a party for missions to beat the game. So you can play however you want.

15. xtr3menubi

xtr3menubi Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460
    Thanks, that's definitely good to know. What about the home world selection? Any suggestions there or just choose any one of them?

16. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Unless you have someone you want to play with just pick a random one. There is a pay for item that lets you change your server. Check the gems like above.

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    well i have preordered it from game. like somebody suggested i should get email with a key. Nothings come through yet. However i have found out that copy of the game i bought did include "3 day ahead start".

Cant wait either way. Eclap are you staying on the same server?

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    there is a few gw2 websites already where you'll find guild recruitment. Just Google guild wars 2 guild recruitment, you'll find them :)

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yes, desolation. weird you got the 3 day head start, that was only meant for those who pre purchased.

edit: shopto is much better than game and play.com btw for future reference :)

20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I have pre purchased it few days ago :p I didnt think i would get 3 day head start,coz it was from Game not their website. But i looked last night and say "bonus feature" 3 day head start. But havent received any email about it, only that my order been placed.

I used game coz i had about 5 pounds saved up on there :)