NVIDIA GeForce 305.67 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Darren Hodgson, Aug 15, 2012.

1. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Hi guys,

Pretty cool driver expect one issue. Just cause 2 launches to main menu and completely freezes my PC (with black screen) when I'm trying to load save game. Can you check this out on any 2XX series card? I'm experiencing this problem on all drivers above 301.42.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hi,

I tested on my 570gtx and its ok., I loaded last save from ~ 1-2 months ago and it started fine..

NVcpl Justcause2 profile was at default - adaptive mode and yep no problems.

Did you change any settings in nvcpl and did you import profiles from older drivers?

Nvidia changed Transaprency AA and set to nvidia recommended with latest 30x.xx drivers, maybe it something with that?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  3. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Thanks -Tj- :)
    So if the driver wasn't a problem it was much easier to find a solution. Already fixed by delete "JC2Settings" file from Documents\Square Enix\Just Cause 2\Saves\

4. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Is the 305.68 - WHQL for 660 Ti any good? They are on Nvidia site...

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    From what my friend told me, they are similar to this set, just without OpenGL 4.3.

He said he had a problem with Boost not...well boosting with the .67's. the .68's worked fine.

6. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I'm not sure if it's this driver or CS:GO issue. But in Single-GPU mode, frame rate is capped at 120 fps. (My other desktop with 560Ti doesn't exhibit this problem).

With 4-GPU Alternate Frame Rendering 2, there's no problem.

7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Member

GPU:
    MSI 290X Lightning
    Is it normal for a driver that is actually made for a superior card to mine, to overheat my card if I used the modded INF file to install it?

I have a GTX 550 Ti, and after the installation, it disconnected my card while playing Crysis 2. Upon investigation, I saw via Afterburner that it went up to 86 degrees Celsius, which isn't good.

It has to be noted that I have previously played the game to the end with normal drivers where it never went above 75 degrees, with mostly similar graphical settings in both Nvidia CP and the game itself.

This really has me worried now...

8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    What about Ambient Temperature? That can influence things.

My card is at least around 10C hotter on average now because of the hot weather.

9. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
    I have GV-N670OC-2GD. On 305.67 in STALKER Clear Sky i see strange situations - sometime fps rise to 220+ and my card starts overheating more than 80 C(not crushing, but 3 fans became very noisy), and sometime fps drops to 35-40 and temerature of GP drops too(~75 C). I dont need fps more than 120, if it'll overheat my card.
    In BF3 i have good fps on Karkand maps (avg. 45-65), temperature is about 65 C and fans frequency is about 2400(it's quiet).

10. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I have a 550 ti. I did a fresh install of win7 about 4 weeks ago. Install the drivers from the nvidia website, 301.42 and i have my control panel settings , set like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2tpfuwZCJM

And every game works perfectly, no issues with anything. So if youre using the 550 ti i would use the drivers from the site after a fresh install and set your nvidia control settings to what i have and you should game smooth.

11. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Installed these, Windows 7. Aero got fckd up, cant use transparency, only "basic" style with that stupid light blue theme (this is something that annoyed me to no end, that you cant change the colors of the basic theme, derp).

Everything else is fine. I do did something else besides installing these drivers, though I can't rember what exactly... AH yes, I uninstalled all Visual C++ redistributables and procceded to install the most recent versions of every one of them. (2005 SP1, 2008 SP1, etc). Maybe that fckd up areo, though I doubt it.

In any case, besides that issue, everything else is fine, games work well and there is OpenGL 4.3 support so I can keep learning most recent GLSL without buying new hardware :D

12. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Ah.. that is not a v-sync issue. V-sync was never enabled. (I never said anything about v-sync in the original post).

13. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    Um interesting and now is that PowerK or is it PowerUK ????

14. tekin77

tekin77 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 690 gtx
    +1 :):):)

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Odd, maybe reinstall the driver?

I had this problem once (some old 28x,xx driver), it looked like a laptop2go inf conflict, when i reinstalled the driver it fixed itself and i never had it since. :)

btw, these are ok for me in both windows 7&8.

Edit:
    If it still doesnt help, maybe you have corrupt WMI repository?

Idk the correct CMD, but you can fix it with windows7 manager > repair center.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hm does anybody else have problems with TeamFortress2? After intro video it stops responding...

Idk I didnt play it for a while and I saw it update at least 3-4 times since then.

Driver or update fault?

EDIT: nvm I had both MSI afterburner and fraps 3.5.7 enabled at the same time lol.. Its ok with only fraps or only MSI afterburner :grin:

And speaking of TF2 now its DX9E :nerd:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  17. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I'm running GTX 570 in SLI and with this driver my cards can go up to 80C but with other drivers about 70C. That is by playing battlefield 3 with vsync on so my fps isn't even going past 60FPS. Oh and that is twin frozr III cards

18. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Thanks for the help but nvm, it was easier than i imagined. Desktop settings got reverted to 16 bit color for some reason. I made a custom resolution (1280x1024, 68hz, 32 bit), fiddled a bit with it and works fine right now. I'd have thought that the desktop icons and such would look weird in 16 bit but no, they looked fine so I didn't noticed it until I was messing with CapViewer and spoted the issue.

19. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    I had problems with this drivers on two cards .GTX 680 and 8800 GT .Drivers not respond and BS on

20. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Has anyone gotten 3D Vision (2) to work properly with anything since the 301 betas? Every driver since then has no option under "Select when the display is in 3D mode:" Except "Only while 3D programs run" which launched 3D visual mode every time a game starts automatically, (VS me turning it on manually in games that I actually want to play it in vs those I dont) but for some reason the IR Emitter will not turn on with it. It is really pissing me off now that its been quite a few versions since and it still doesnt work unless I am missing something.

I can switch 3D on and off and the 3D portion change is evident, but the IR emitter never turns on.

Switching back to the 301 or earlier drivers and everything is hunkey dorey as normal. Clean installs, driver cleaning, nothing seems to change this. :bang:

Ah its been one of those months with this beast. This and the phantom USB port random reset are really starting to get to me.