Router Can't Find Internet

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Alexstarfire, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    This is a very unusual issue which happened about an hour ago. Our router, a Linksys WRT54GS (v3 I believe) running DD-WRT 24 SP1 mini, decided it was no longer going to connection to the internet.

At first it seemed like our internet service had just gone out again, which isn't entirely uncommon, as I got disconnected from the game I was playing, League of Legends. I tested out Firefox and sure enough it didn't connect to my homepage so I attempted to connect to the router interface to confirm that our internet was down. Except that I couldn't even get there. Everything is plugged in and should be working but it's simply not. Went to reset the router, via power off/on, and the same situation occurred. Plugged my ethernet cord directly into the modem and it works just fine. Also, at this time I decided to see if my phone could connect to the router and bring up the interface. This worked perfectly fine. And for the record, if I hook up my PC back to the router I can get to the interface just fine now.

Since it still wasn't working I tried to reset the router via the reset button on it. So, after going back to default setting it's still not working.

Tried a round-a-bout method of hooking the router up by having the WAN cable come from my computer. I just happen to have my computer sharing internet to a couple other computers so it was just convenient to test it out. Still, same issue.

I haven't heard of anything like this happening so I'm just wondering if my router kicked the bucket or if there is something I can try to fix this. I'm going to try flashing a different version of the router firmware, but since they don't have any updates for the firmware I'm not counting on it changing anything.

Am hoping to resolve this issue quickly because ATM only my computer can get on the internet and I doubt my family will be thrilled about that when they wake up.

2. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well, nothing I did fixed the problem, but after sleeping it has appeared to fix itself on it's own..... ****ing computers.