AMD Catalyst 12.8 (8.982.0 July 27) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Pill, WF crashing the only issue you've seen?

3. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    The only issue i had with this set is that flash player thingy. At least i think thats the problem.:grin:

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah but I think it's due to my memory overclock...not sure yet, I keep getting 0x00005 exceptions which is a memory access violation. I've never had any trouble with Flash tho if that's what you mean...

I have HW acceleration disabled btw.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012

5. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    bah nvm isnt flash related... i installed a older version of flash same happened again... this only happens with this version 8.982.0 of catalyst. :bang:

6. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    even with HW acceleration disabled I had crashes with certain videos in same websites. I solved it with Chrome, not a single crash in more than a week.

7. link626

link626 Member

GPU:
    amd 6650m, nvda gtx660m
    experienced a weird issue with 12.8

when resuming from Sleep, wifi connection can't connect. hangs.

I wonder how a graphics driver can interfere with that.
    Went back to 12.7 beta, and don't seem to have the wifi issue.

You guys try putting Windows into sleep mode, then resume, and see if your pc acts wonky in any way.....

8. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    The 3d on my card looks good with 12.8 whol. It is not the best proformance but it looks good.

Regards

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I keep hardware acceleration disabled due to GPU folding. I was more concerned about issues such as corruption, BSOD, grey screen, etc.

10. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    I'm using FF nightlys and I'm not having FF crashing issues...

try them out. before doing so backup your profile directory usuaully under C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla

if you can see the directories make sure windows explorer is set to show hidden files and folders.

download 64bit
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...t-trunk/firefox-17.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.zip

download 32 bit
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-17.0a1.en-US.win32.zip

on a side note these 12.8s are junk anyways they artifact like crazy under WoT.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah I've had a few BSOD's, but I've been pushing my rig pretty hard today just to see what it'll do....

[​IMG]

Not bad huh? :p Managed to get the NB up to stable 3000Mhz as well...

E-peen waving aside, I've been overclocking my 6950 which gave me a couple of Grey/Red/Blue screens of death, so hard to tell whether it's the drivers or my not knowing when enough is enough.
    I can't get the GPU past 950Mhz without Fallout NV giving me red flickering textures.....

My BSOD's were all PFN_LIST_CORRUPT if that helps. Mostly caused by memory issues but can be drivers also.....What kind of problems have you been getting?

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I haven't installed it yet. I've been a bit slow on updating graphics drivers this go round. I've been reading the driver threads to see if certain people report any bugs/flaws/etc that concern me. If not, I go ahead and update, otherwise I stay with the current driver.

13. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    these driver better than 12.7 RC1.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Tbh I never experience any of the issues a lot of people complain about, and this driver seems pretty trouble free.
    I've decided it was my overclocking giving me grief as I haven't had any crash since reducing my mem/NB clocks.

I did have one issue while installing though, I'll just copy this from an earlier post....

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    hhgghhhhhh

16. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    It sure seems stable (not getting driver failed errors anymore) but I feel like performance in BF3 has dropped for some reason... I swear running the game with 2x MSAA and HBAO on ultra very smoothly but now I have to turn AO to SSAO to get it running silky smooth (60+ almost all the time).

17. sebastien^_^

sebastien^_^ Guest

GPU:
    6740g2
    So in terms of performance for diablo 3 is this the driver to have or 12.4b or 12.6

18. Methroix

Methroix Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    I've run into a problem in Skyrim with this driver.
    When reading books the left hand page is partially transparent to the far left, resulting in the page behind it too bleed through and making the text all but unreadable. Turning to the next page and then going back again solves this problem, when applicable of course.
    This happens in most books, but I've actually stumbled across a (very) few that didn't have this problem.
    This is by no means a game-breaking problem, but rather an annoyance.

However the compass and the xp-bar seems to be fixed, which is great.

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well I was thinking about giving this set a go, but I saw the firefox issue is still there.

I disabled hardware acceleration, and still had this issue on the 12.8 leaked set. So I'll stick with the 12.7 betas. Hopefully since AMD said they are working on a fix for this, we will see a hotfix driver soon.

20. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Skyrim Trifire scaling much improved!

My average fps in Skyrim @5670x1080 Eyefinity Trifire is finally scaling like it should. I've included a couple cropped snap shots of with the Default settings vs after AFR Friendly mode forced on. You can see a marked 50 percent increase in performance. The only thing is sometimes the water effects flicker a little but its not bad. I have vsync forced on and also am using Widescreen fixer. Anyhow before 12.8 the scaling wasn't this good. Shame that it took so long for AMD to support the enthusiast features for a popular game thats been out a year.

The following images have been cropped and have used Afterburner to make note of Temperature, GPU utilization, Fan speed, and GPU clock speed in that order as you can see.

Default settings:

[​IMG]

AFR Friendly mode forced on:

[​IMG]