Moving to US. Need help..?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Ice Cube, Aug 5, 2012.

1. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Fights (with an "S") in the US and Canada .... something is telling me it has less to do with the country and more with the person !

2. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    Could be some truth to that!

3. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    His posts so far in other threads, none of them related to the topic or the conversation

4. XL_ence

XL_ence Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 DC2T
    I work in a well known tech company near Google. So trust me, you will fit RIGHT in! Do not worry! I've lived here almost all my life and have not encountered any racism. I bet you will have some coworkers from India that you will be able to relate with very well.

If you say you are Indian, or are from India, most people will understand. Indians look fairly different from Native Americans. You probably do not even need to say you are Indian, and people will know.

I doubt you will encounter any racism here. California is much more open and accepting compared to some other states in the USA (at least that's what it seems like from the news).

What city are you planning to live in? There are a few places you may want to avoid. Generally the places with really cheap housing.

Also, do you do the circly nod thing where you tilt your head side to side? Nothing wrong with it, but most Americans do not understand what the gesture means and just get confused when they see it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012

5. Ice Cube

Ice Cube Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    LOL.. i think he's just trying to increase his post count so that he can get the "guru" tag in his avatar.. :D

6. Ice Cube

Ice Cube Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    He removed his post haha..