Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by sdamaged99, May 7, 2012.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well, if you really wanted to save battery on a s3, you should turn on airplane mode, I would say in 3 hours, screen off, airplane mode on, my s2 would use about the same, 2-3%

2. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I don't know a single blackberry owner who didn't have it break, also aren't they pretty much only used by teenage girls now?

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    teenagers, not just girls, it's handy for the free bbm service, chat rooms and all that

4. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    My Galaxy S3 arrived this morning, sat on the table in front of me, so tempting to open it but I can't, hope this discount works (will know in 3-5 days), be gutted if I have to return it.

Teenage girls, I only know two guys who had blackberrys, one his girlfriend made him, the other got it because the contract came with an xbox 360, not a single other one, loads of girls though, although they all only had one blackberry hated it after a bit and couldn't wait to get another phone as so unreliable.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Lol, in Turkey only businessman uses BB, never seen BB in a hand of young person. And BIS service they call it here, is corporate service for corporate workers etc. didnt know it has free of charge for using social apps.

Besides, im running from iphone(which i really love) because of im bored with it but also all teenagers have iphone4 in their hands. S3 is great but bluky and battery is sht.

BB 9900 is small, easy to use, and battery friendly. I carry my ipad3 with me so i can manage other stuffs that i cant do with BB. Such as LOGMEIN, remote desktop app and I-RAMS ip camera app.

On BB there is dropbox which i already need to use. It has shazam and tuneinpro radio i love to use etc. what else i need? Games , no i dont game on phones.

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    BlackBerry still accounts for a good chunk of the Canadian smartphone market (not surprising as RIM is a Canadian company), many people still praise it for its keyboard and durability. No one I know praise it for battery though as they constantly ask me for my charger while at work and my Nexus S would still be humming along.

The SGSIII is still quite expensive and personally I still rather the Galaxy Nexus over it, there's better software support on it over the SGSIII and SGSIII's hardware is not so much better that I can no longer recommend the Galaxy Nexus...

deltatux

7. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about.

The S3 easily has the among the best battery life of modern smartphones, and does it while having siginificantly more power. 4 hours of screen on time, and a full days charge...What more can you ask for? I charge overnight. I browse the internet and text throughout the day, at lunch I'm on reddit, or playing games, when I get home I recieve calls, texts, skype for hours, etc...With a work email and a gmail account syncing constantly, GPS on all day...

All while connected to 4g...and I end the day with about 30%. Not sure where your battery is going, but my battery life is amazing. At this point, I've hidden the indicator because it's a non issue throughout my day. I literally cannot kill this phone with any reasonable amount of usage.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Well i have s3. And my s3 doesnt go 1 day well. No sync no emails. I think my battery is broken. But bro has s3 too and he has the same battery issue. He gave his s3 to his wife as i did.

9. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Just ordered mine, white. :)

Will be arriving tomorrow, though I'm most likely going to be at work (overtime) and so will the missus, and they don't deliver to work places due to the cost of the phone, bah!

Gutted there isn't a choice of black yet, but I'm too impatient to wait, went with white.

Also got a leather flip case.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Was on a half price sale, so thought I'd have that.

Just got off the phone to a very helpful guy who's sorted out my PAC code, so I can keep my number when transitioning to my soon-to-be new network (o2 to T-mobile).

This is the contract I signed -

[​IMG]

10. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 4GB Jet****** SLI
    Hello!

Had my S III for a week now and it is fantastic!

Been an iPhone user for 4 years and I can say I wont miss you iPhone one bit.

I`ve "Rooted" the S III and have paired up my PS3 duel shock 3 controller via bluetooth and im now playing games on emulators, Its brilliant! N64 Zelda on my phone and runs beautifully.

I`ve also overclocked the CPU from 1.4ghz to 1.7ghz for a little extra speed....

Brilliant :)

11. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Well my gamble on my deal didn't pay off so my Galaxy S3 is going back tomorrow :(.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    damn :(

what happened?

13. Sabrina

Sabrina Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 6990 2MB
    Wow, I need a phone with good battery life too. It's frustrating for me because most smartphone these days can't even last for one day with minimal usage.

I've never used a BB phone before. Over here in Malaysia, they are less preferred because of the lack of apps I guess. But I'll be checking out http://www.lazada.com.my/mobile-phones/ and some of the stores like ICT Mall Capsquare or Lowyat marketplace, etc. that we have here.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Im very happy with the 9900. It is amazingly user friendly.

Yes, the apps r limited. But if u r using ur phone as a real phone, emails, some basic apps like drop box, good battery life; then i stronly recommend 9900.

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Nice! What effect has the increased clock speed had on your battery life?

16. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Of course the battery life would be better on the 9900, it has an underpowered CPU, and BlackBerries aren't really graphics intensive or anything. However, you're going to lose out on the fluidity of modern mobile operating systems like Android, iOS or Windows Phone. You're also losing out on apps too.

This is why RIM is failing to gain marketshare, it's because their phones are often underpowered and everything you can do on your BlackBerry aside from BBM, can be done on every other phone and they can frankly do more.

I don't recommend BlackBerries unless you're a corporate user. That's where BlackBerry still excels at. For everything else, you're just better off with another phone.

Also, this is a Samsung Galaxy S III thread, please spawn a new thread this topic as it's derailing the original topic.

deltatux

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    first of all, a person like me; will prefer long battery life over 4 cores. 2 core is already enough. stupid S3 cant handle what it is for. it is the BEST smart phone on the market for now. i love it too..but battery life fails.

and i reply that friends question and express my experience. what now? cant we talk about about STALKER visuals in CRYSIS topic?

Delta u disappointed me man about that POST on other topic. im not trolling around "hey BB is that, hey bb is this" i have (still) a S3 and S2 so im posting my experience with those devices and lately bought a BB so posting and comparing it to S3..i dont see a WRONG in this.

18. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Nearly ordered a pebble blus S3 today but gonna wait a little longer, see if the price drops a bit more & my S2 is more than good enough for the time being.

19. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    BlackBerry doesn't have dual cores, all their phones are single core phones because BBOS 7 can't handle it.

As for staying on topic, this topic is about the SGS III. If you want to talk about how great Blackberries are, I suggest you start a new topic about Blackberries (and you're more than welcome to do so, Blackberry topics are quite rare on this forum).

deltatux

20. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    install betterbatterystats and cpuspy. Leave phone off charger overnight. Check it in morning and you'll see what's eating your battery.

I have a Galaxy S2 and on ICS easily could get over a day with it...sync on and all. Right now I'm on JB but it's an experimental build so it's a little tougher to get my old battery levels since the software isn't perfected.

It's not your battery I doubt it.