Welcome to Guru3D v4.0 !

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Alright, cool.

I remember you let the community choose the last skin (VooDoo), it would be great if you let us discuss any new one's you have in mind. Or let us donate a few bob and get ourselves one.. or two, more is always better ;D

Last one, promise;

[​IMG]

*Get's back in box*

2. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Looks good Hilbert.

Cheers.
    Ken

3. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    Do not like it at all.

The old layout and colors were way easier to navigate on.

Now it is blue on lighter blue with some greyish blue mixed with darker blue.

Yuck... do not like this at all.

I would've much more like it to go minimalistic like for instance Microsoft have done with their site.

The important stuff is now relegated to the sides of the frontpage, where a big add takes centerstage, complemented by a facebook likes section. Wow... that's so... teenish... Guru3d should not lower itself to be a like-counter.

Text is also imo too small in fontsize. I should dump that carousel and replace that area with latest news and downloads, if you'd ask me.

4. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    Was confused at first and I'm still trying to get used with the new look. Is there an option to use the old look? :)

5. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    For a second there I thought I clicked something wrong.... total surprise and certainly something to get used to.

The only thing it could stand to lose is the Facebook junk... everything else is nice, maybe increase fonts some to be easier on the eyes for large resolutions.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  6. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Who cares - I go straight into the forums.

7. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    I like it ... some. Here is what I don't like. First off the Facebook crap. Delete it, please.

When I click on "News" I expect to see the "latest news" of all categories (downloads, reviews, articles aso), but www.guru3d.com, and www.guru3d.com/news is the same. The "latest news" is just a small menu at top right corner. On the "News" page, please bring "latest news" of all categories to front in the middle ABOVE that Facebook-thing.

8. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    haha why are you guys complaining about the facebook bar thingie? i like it, it will get more people to 'like' guru3d on fb

9. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Okay, well..
    Buggy as crap? :p

It asked me to log in to enjoy all features, so I click log in. Then I get an error 'already logged in'. And then the page keeps refreshing forever.
    Also, it lags as hell compared to the old website.

*The bug is completely reproducable. Every time I go to guru3d.com it asks me to log in again. Better get to v4.1 asap :p

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  10. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Wow literally just yesterday I logged on to guru3d.com and said to myself this needs an update looks like it's from the 90s lol, now it looks good.

11. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    More bugs, which maybe have to do with the old content management system, but links to old news items do not work anymore.

For example go to the http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366656 Thread about the new DOOM 3 levels and click on More...

results in:

12. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Well, I need to get used to it, but it sure does look good... Blue is hard to beat and the layout seems to be more user centric, which is a good thing too. :)

13. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Uff sorry for yet another negative comment, but it seems more add-centered to me :s The adds are even more annoying than they were. They are all over the place. In between somewhere is the text that the user cares about. The adds also crawl through the news items now. I do not like it.
    What the user can do is even less visible than with the old design. There is LOADS of text and it's very small.
    I can name a lot more things that I dislike unfortunately and not many things that I like...
    Maybe I can get used to it eventually, but even then it definitely needs some bugs ironed out.

14. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Had to make sure the site wasnt hijacked. Looks good on my 42" HDTV.

15. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    The login bug here, too.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    My main gripe is that graphically it looks dated. Not dissing the accessibility and stuff but seriously... get a Guru with Photoshop skills to touch up the design with modern buttons and a neat banner :p

17. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thats great, didnt notice it earlier! Overall great job! :thumbup:

18. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Wow...love the new look...clean, crisp...professional....fantastic job.

19. Lethal Abz

Lethal Abz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    The old Website was better. This new website colour scheme is totally grose.

20. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Oh god, it looks like it was designed by a high school student D:. Front page is a mess, why WHY have you put news articles in a grid? I iterate over news articles, like most people, this best fits a list structure, you'll get lost in a grid. WRRRRRRY?!

I think a lot of people are giving you pitty comments, if you look at any modern website today this just falls flat on it's face. The text, colour technology and layout are your biggest problem. Too many gradients, too complicated, too noisy. The text font is naive, it looks like a kids fan website, not a professional review website. The gradient around all the news articles looks terrible. The colour of the banner at the top is completely out of synce with the rest of the webpage. Ads are in your face and break up the content, as opposed to being to the side where ads belong. The assymtery of the news articles in the grid really breaks the page feel. Everything is just everywhere, a real mess. White space is your friend :p. I'm sorry but I can't find anything good about this page, and it's obvious it wasn't designed by someone who has no design knowledge.

Mind you with the quality of articles on this site this kind of thing is expected (no offense). Editing (spell checking) is absolutely shocking. There's no fact checking and the cell phone/ tablet articles are completely misguided (nobody cares about arbitrary performance numbers when it comes to smart phones and tablets). Average FPS is not a measure of in game performance, the thing that matters is the subjective performance, how the game actually FEELs, the smoothness factor, see techreport.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.