7870 Black Screen w/ Buzzing Sound & w/o Buzzing Sound

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rievhardt, Aug 2, 2012.

?

are you having the Black Screen issue w/ your 7870?

1. YES

40.0%
  2. NO

60.0%
  1. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    I have been experiencing this Black Screen w/ Buzzing Noise and Black Screen w/o Buzzing Noise with my 7870.
    Video 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8C4PmdBG5M&feature=g-upl
    Video 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8erBOaOBck&feature=g-upl

my Specs: all parts are brand new

VGA: Sapphire 7870 (Non-OC ed) <not over-clocked and is on stock>

PROC: Intel i5-2400 (stock fans/not overclocked)

MB: ASUS H61 M LE USB3 (BIOS is updated ASUS BIOS 4203)

PSU: FSP AURUM 600W 80+ GOLD

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2 X 4GB (8GB)

HDD: WD 500GB BLUE

DVD: Samsung 22X

Monitor: HP X2301 Sword

Case: NZXT Vulcan

Details:

Crashes on Battlefield 3 Multiplayer (Multiplayer only)

tried 12.3 to 12.7 Beta Drivers and the Crash still occur.

BIOS is already updated to ASUS BIOS 4203 (latest)

BF3 Drivers are updated

AMD Drivers are updated (currently on 12.7 Beta)

also Updated Windows Update (ALL of IT)

all drivers are from their respective OFFICIAL SITES.

I have contacted AMD Support and they told me to return the card to the shop where I bought it to have it checked.

I have already returned my 7870 to the shop I bought it and it was TESTED by the distributor.

Passed PRIME95, Passed Furmark, Passed Memtest, Passed Heaven DX11, Passed 3DMark06, Passed FFXIV Benchmark.

they told me that they cannot find anything wrong and was just returned to me w/o a fix.

the Black Screen occurs randomly...I can play for weeks w/o it showing up and sometimes it occurs day after another. It occurs with a Buzzing Sound and w/o a Buzzing Sound.

Sound is coming from the Audio Speaker and not from the FANS.

the Monitor will then SLEEP when it occurs (BSOD) and the only way to return to Normal is to Hard reset the Computer.

the black screen doesn't occur when I'm using IGP of my mobo. so the problem is the 7870.

There are so many 7870 users with this problem.

just search 7870 BLACK SCREEN and it would show up.

I can LINK you to other people who I've talked with in other forums that are having the same problem.

This Black Screen occurs with Battlefield 3 Multiplayer, World of Warcraft, SKYRIM, League of Legends.

Browsing are fine, other games are FINE too.

ALL TEMPS are Fine too. it's not Overheating in any way.

PLS. HELP.
    to those 7870 user having Black Screen issues....
    Pls. also go in AMD forum, I created a thread there so AMD would know about our problem.
    http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=428&threadid=160398&enterthread=y

2. clexzor

clexzor Guest

GPU:
    Hey guy most people still have not found a fix however I believe I have. I was getting crashing using Firefox however by disabling all forms of hardware acceleration I seem to have eliminated the issue 3 days 0 lock ups disable w7 HWA your browser HWA and adobe flash HWA right click on any flash and disable hope that works for you! Clex

3. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Same issue here, I can go a week or two without a single crash then it'll decide to crash 4 times in one night. Happens in most games such as Witcher 2, MP3, BF 3, Crysis 2 etc. I hope it is a driver issue and can be resolved sooner than later otherwise I may upgrade to a 7970 or GTX 670.

4. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    Once i had the same problem exactly the same problem random black screen and and buzzing sound on my Nvidia Galaxy 9800GT and the problem is that the card was faulty and i return it back for nvidia KFA 9800gt 55nm and everything was ok.Try to run you PC with other GPU and test and see if the problem persist.

5. clexzor

clexzor Guest

GPU:
    I replied with a fix not sure what these others posted for anyways its hardware acceleration that is your issue...

6. mercury_22

mercury_22 Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7770
    I have the same problem BUT with my HD 7770 also sapphire and the screen it's blueish or white
    And it happens totally random when I watch videos w/o DXVA decoders (= w/o HWA :) )

The only thing that it seems to be common it's that it happens only after my system has been on for 8-12 hours (but the temps are normal ~ 40 C)

No OC here and the same system with my old 6670 never had this problem

P.S. I've "downgrade" to 12.3 and so far (2 days now) no crash but that 's not something new I had 3-4 days before any crash with 12.6 and 12.7 before so... fingers crossed

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  7. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    I have yet to try it...I (unchecked) disabled the Hardware Acceleration now...
    I'd let you know if it solved it. I hope it does...

would probably take a week or two before I can tell since the black screen issue tends to go on vacation at times and just hits again without warning...

8. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

black screen aprears her only in games !!! i dont have problems with flash or firefox ..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
  9. clexzor

clexzor Guest

GPU:
    I understand but windows also have a hardware acceleration built in you need to disable this feature however you must do it in between uninstalling/installing or reinstalling of your current drivers. Hope that helps good luck.

10. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    I tried disabling the hardware acceleration, (disabled by right clicking and unticking a youtube vid on every browser) tested on 12.8 amd driver
    sadly I still experienced the black screen...

anything that I missed disabling?

---------------
    BTW has anyone tried using a separate audio card that isn't realtek or a headset w/ built in soundcard if this really fix the issue?