Never loaning money to a friend ever again!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Morketh, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    u should ask her to give u favors and services until she pays u back the whole 4000 ;) be like bend over or get on ur knees lol.

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Lent my mother enough to pay for her holiday. Repayment is simple: she doesn't get any rent off me until the difference is worked out.

3. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    I like your method there. I just don't have the balls to do it. I am too much of a forgiving person and chances are I will end up forgiving her and never get my money back.

Hehe, I have plenty to blackmail her on but I am just not that kind of person.

She is actually my ex but don't think she would go for that hehe, she is "above that."

Yeah, just judging by where she's headed I am not sure she will ever get money. She hasn't had a job in about 9 months and has been fired from the last 3 jobs she had.

Heh, yea I don't have that situation unfortunately :(

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't lend my external hard disk, forget money :p

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Ugh, yeah I got the same problem right now and it's pissing me off the more I think about it. Dad's wife owes me $3500 from last year. Don't think I'll be getting that back anytime soon...I avoid talking to her and I'm in the same ****ing house. It's awkward just being here.

I owe no one anything.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  6. Salsoolo

Salsoolo Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 690
    4k is a serious amount of cash
    hope you get it back :thumbup:

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Almost every time i lent money,i ended up being the " bad" guy,asking for my money.
    So no,no more of this.
    You need help ,i can give you food,clothes,stuffs but sorry,no money.

8. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    never do business with family or friends.

9. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    First indication of the term "RUN"............

But the dead is done and I think you my friend have just learned what NOT to do in life..........
    Some of us are better off than others and we do see and feel the need to pass on what has been blessed upon us, but there are times that you just need to learn the word "NO"

I have done the same thing, and every penny I have been gracious with is somewhere in the game of life, working for someone else, and the worst part, is those that I did help, never got better......................shame on them and me for being a part of the sympathy game!!

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Simple, your too nice and your so called friends are taking advantage of that.

Second give them a chance to explain, eg: Are they in such debt and are unable to play you back if so the truth is better than having them give you the run around, or are they not only in debt to you an also owe other people money aswell.

But if more than one of your mates owes you money then it sound like one of them has said to the others- Go to Morketh, he'll hook you up.

At the end of the day you don't owe them so it's not like you need to be all nice about your approach to them coz they owe you so if they can't or won't pay what they owe then either they're not your mates or they'll have to find another way of paying you back.

Remember you don't owe them they owe you. No more Mr nice guy (but dont go all Mafia on them of course).

Edit: $4000, really.

11. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Check out the place and if it is being repaired, give her the two weeks and wait for the closing.
    Loaning money to family and friends is like gambling. If you can not afford to lose it, then don't do it.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  12. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    You had all the necessary warnings :p

13. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Don't you like your friends, Morketh? ;)
    Just wondering.
    After all you appear to be demonstrating to them that you always have plenty funds, while they are a little cash-strapped occasionally. :)

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    You could of just offered her to stay at yours, an alternative for not getting your money back. :D:peeright: