GMG stopped selling games to Turkey because of me!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blackfloyd, Jul 17, 2012.

1. blackfloyd

blackfloyd Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I've opened a topic on Steam forums but it's now closed because of the rules.

This is happened after this (below). I have nothing to say, I'm speechless, you'll be the judge:

- Am I the worst person in the world?

- Am I the ultimate moron in the world?

- Am I the ultimate scumbag in the world?

2. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
  3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Lol, just use another DD service in the future. Don't take it personally, they obviously think of Turkey as a third world nation that they don't want to deal with anymore.

4. blackfloyd

blackfloyd Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Exactly. I don't care about myself, they can ban or do something else. But banning a whole country. This is kind a racism... I hope I can get my paid game in August, lol.

@crushilista, I wish that was the reason, but I don't think so.

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    My guess is they had a lot of "Turkish IP's" being linked to various fraud and the like, and decided it wasn't worth it. Nothing to do with your case.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Don't be ridiculous, if it were racism they wouldn't have bothered with your country in the first place.

7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    If it were racism, they wouldn't bother with whole countries around him too lol.

8. D1RTYD1Z619

D1RTYD1Z619 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    ?!?!

What a bunch of Turkeys!

9. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Dude, if a company goes out, some other may step up with something that works better!

You shouln't concern you with things like that. Its not like if they care about you not being able to buy your game (clearly they dont if they just got out by the easy way).

Stuff its like that, you give 'em the edge a little and next thing you know you're paying 60 USD for a game + 15 USD for day one DLC + only 1 installation per machine + limited to 3 installations per game + always on DRM. Fck that.

10. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Well... when it comes to pc technical issues pretty much 100% of the time multiple steps have to be taken to fix a problem. This is to eliminate possible causes until the correct one is found, so yep you where a bit of a moron lol. Also obviously they're not going to stop selling titles in a whole country because of one person :p

11. blackfloyd

blackfloyd Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Did you read all the messages fully? Because if read you can see that they do nothing for the solution. They gave generic answers all the time. I spend my day for every possible combination I can think to resolve the issue;

Trying different connection, different computers, systems, etc. But they were already made up their minds as I were the guilty and stupid part. Then I prooved them the problem was on their side and after that they started to admit and really worked on the issue. But they were already made up their minds as I were the guilty and stupid part.

And even after they solved the issue, they were still saying "You managed to get minus credits" this means I broke their excellent, perfect system.

12. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    @blackfloyd

That was a rather harsh talk with support who was replaying back with valid check ups in a very friendly manner, he was more civilized than you.

You were the only one mentioning below...like an selfego god.

-----
    Edit

Its rare that support replies back in any helpful manner as above in many cases, in your case they were friendly and you just opened up like a pack of crackers.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  13. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Oh noes, now MrBigtime will not be able to access GMG, what have you done? Where will he buy his games that are not available on Steam/Origin??? /s

14. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G

How is this racism? do people just use that word these days without having any idea what it means

Personally I think there's more to the story but I guess we shall never know

15. blackfloyd

blackfloyd Member

GPU:
    GTX 580

Does anybody understand why am I talking harshly?

Go and browse their forums and you can see that first two messages are generic responses. Even if they weren't, I got angry after their second message. Because they started to blame me and probably they were thinking I'm some kind of stupid user, who flames supports for nothing.

I was not trying to be a prick, just an angry person trying for 6 days to be able to buy anything. When I first discovered the problem I read all support documents and browse the forums to identify the problem, but no luck; I was thinking Paypal causing the issue but after trying to purchase a free game I started to suspect from them and I contacted them with all the details I can gave.

First 3 days of 6 I was thinking problem was on my end but later I understand that their system causing this for sure.

They were saying problem was on my end and if I ddn't try to find problem, they would do nothing about it. So some of you saying I'm the hostile one an they're the hard working support stuff.

There's nothing more to the story, you can ask them. I showed you all the messages, I'm not trying to clear myself. I may be have wrong decisions and actions but nothing major and you can read all that.

"Kind a racism" is still my opinion or they're really hating Turkish people. Because if I cause this "banning a country" than they were searching for some justification about their hate to us.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

16. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Now you'll have more time to get out more :)

17. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Do you even READ what support mentioned..

Are you so naive, its their business decision due to legalities, ISP problems (they must have faced this) and many others...

They even reactivated your account and you FLAME on this?

There are better things to do in life, than be a crusader of ignorance.

18. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
  19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Let me wrap this thread up in a nutshell

Yup, that's the way to treat customer service!

20. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    That exchange right there is where your credibility went up in smokes.
    From a 'victim' status straight to 'intolerable prick'.
    'Nothing major' my left foot.

Instead of lashing out, you should've tried various means or, heck, you could even have asked other users here on Guru3D instead of just relying on GMG's CS.
    But no, you just had be on the right side instead of trying to solve the problem together.

You said it yourself you've tried creating a test account and that one worked.
    Has it ever occurred to you that it could've been something wrong with your real account's session and/or cookie(s), so you could've tried logging out, cleared all of your browser's cookies, and then logging back in?
    You were so adamant on making sure you're not in the wrong you forgot to realize some other possible ways to look for the real problem.
    You're expecting to be helped and yet you didn't let them help, carried away by the mindset of them belittling you while what they've asked were normal diagnostic questions.

Rhetorical questions.

Are you sure it wasn't because of Valve being racist?
    I mean, Valve could've been hating Turks as much as GMG! ZOMG!

:3eyes: